Using Wavelab on second PC without USB key?

All topics on WaveLab 9 and WaveLab Elements 9
Kaashi

Using Wavelab on second PC without USB key?

Post by Kaashi » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:43 am

Heya,

Is it possible to transfer my license to and from my PC and laptop without buying a USB key. It's 77 bucks plus shipping to Australia, and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

Thanks!

Vocalpoint

Re: Using Wavelab on second PC without USB key?

Post by Vocalpoint » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Kaashi wrote:Heya,

Is it possible to transfer my license to and from my PC and laptop without buying a USB key. It's 77 bucks plus shipping to Australia, and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

Thanks!
First question is to specify what version of WL you are using.

If it's WL Pro - you should already have a key. I am sensing you may have a version without a key?

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Rat

Post by Rat » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:24 am

If it helps: these guys have an eLicensor at 55 in Melbourne https://www.storedj.com.au/products/STE-KEY

(I have no affiliation except I buy a few turntable things there ... admin feel free to delete this if it is out of policy)
Regards

Paul

Paul Rat Blakey
12th & Vine Post

Studio: Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 7700 Quad Core LGA 1151 3.6 GHz CPU, 32 GB RAM, Gigabyte Z270M-D3H LGA 1151 mATX Motherboard, 2 x Intel Pro 5400S Series 256GB SSD (system and session drives), RME HDSPe AIO, Mytek converters

Laptop: Windows 10 Pro, Razer Blade Gaming Intel Core i7 8750H 6 cores/12 threads 4.1GHz CPU, 16 GB RAM SSD & HHD

WaveLab 10 Pro current release, ProTools, iLok, DMG (Dave Gamble), Sony Oxford, Weiss

Kaashi

Post by Kaashi » Sun May 01, 2016 12:47 pm

Vocalpoint wrote:
First question is to specify what version of WL you are using.

If it's WL Pro - you should already have a key. I am sensing you may have a version without a key?

VP
Wavelab Elements. I don't think there was an option to buy a hard copy.
If it helps: these guys have an eLicensor at 55 in Melbourne https://www.storedj.com.au/products/STE-KEY

(I have no affiliation except I buy a few turntable things there ... admin feel free to delete this if it is out of policy)
That does help. Thanks!

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P » Sun May 01, 2016 1:14 pm

If you only want to transfer the license once, you don't need a USB licenser. There's a procedure for that on Steinberg.net. But if you do want to use WL-E on two computers, the USB-key is the only way.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 10.0.30 | Cubase 10.0.60 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

Kaashi

Post by Kaashi » Mon May 02, 2016 4:08 am

Arjan P wrote:If you only want to transfer the license once, you don't need a USB licenser. There's a procedure for that on Steinberg.net. But if you do want to use WL-E on two computers, the USB-key is the only way.
Alright. Thanks!

One more question before I buy this USB key... I've already applied the license to my PC. Will I still be able to transfer that license to the USB for use on both my computers?

Makumbaria

Post by Makumbaria » Mon May 02, 2016 5:03 am

Kaashi wrote:
Arjan P wrote:If you only want to transfer the license once, you don't need a USB licenser. There's a procedure for that on Steinberg.net. But if you do want to use WL-E on two computers, the USB-key is the only way.
Alright. Thanks!

One more question before I buy this USB key... I've already applied the license to my PC. Will I still be able to transfer that license to the USB for use on both my computers?
yes you will. But it is a one way rote. You will not be able to move this license to a computer again (only to a different USB key).
Cubase Pro 10.5.10 / Wavelab elements 10.0.10 / Cubasis 2.8 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC/PD / Cubase IC Pro 1.2.2
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
Dorico 3.1 / Halion 6.2.10 / Halion Sonic 3.2.10 / Padshop Pro 1.2.10 / HSO 1.0 / The Grand 3.2.0/

Ivory II Italian Grand / Ravenscroft 275 / Vienna imperial piano / Alicia Keys Piano / Addictive drums 2 & Keys / Ezdrummer 2 / Abbey Road Modern Drums / GPO 5 / VSL / Vienna Mir pro 24 /Bias amp & FX 1 & 2/ Amplitube 3 & 4 / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 & 3 / Mercuriall Spark & Reaxis / Nugen Audio / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 & V10 / Softube / Toneboosters / NI / Neural DSP Darkglass ultra / PSP audioware / Markstudio 2 /

Return to “WaveLab Pro 9 | WaveLab Elements 9”