Hidden in BackGround Help

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
EpiphanyOfMusic

Hidden in BackGround Help

Post by EpiphanyOfMusic »

Hi!

I upgraded to Cubase 8.5
And when I click Edit Channel Settings. It will bring up the Edit Channel Settings Window.

Now say I do this for Track 1. And I want to EQ Track 1. I use to be able to Click Track 2. And the Edit Channel Settings would Switch to that Track.

Now in 8.5 It will hide the Edit Channel Settings behind the Main Session Window.
Is there a "Always On Top" Feature that will not hide my Edit Channel Settings in the background whenever I click on another Channel

fretthefret

Re: Hidden in BackGround Help

Post by fretthefret »

if you are in the main Project window you can open the Edit Channel settings from any track and the just click another track in the Track List and the Edit Channel popup window will display the settings for the newly selected track.
You do not have to re-click the "e" on another track if the Edit Channel popup window is already open.
Cubase Pro 10.5, FL Studio 20, Ableton Live Suite 10.1,Harrison Mixbus 32c, UAD Apollo x series, UR44, UR28m, SSL, Native Instruments Komplete ultimate, NI Maschine Studio, Xfer Records Serum, Lennar Digital Sylenth1, reFx Nexus3, Reveal Sound Spire, FabFilter, Soundtoys, Lexicon PCM, Sonarworks, Slate Digital, Izotope, Brainworx, SPL, Waves, Cableguys, Cytomic, MeldaProductions, AOM, IK Multimedia, DDMF, Boz Digital, Antares Autotune, a bunch of other obscure stuff, TBs of samples, too much hardware to list... PC Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-5960x (8 core), Asus x99 Deluxe ii, GeForce 1070 strix, Fractal Design Silent RL2 case, Noctua NH-d15s, 64 GB DDR4 g,Skillz Trident Z 3200 RAM, 1tb Samsung 960 m.2, 3TB segate Ironwolf NAS HDD, 4TB WDRed, 2TB WD Black, Laptop: MSI Ghost pro GS60 6QE i7-6700 Skylake Win 10 64bit, Storage: 32 TB QNAP NAS Raid 50, 12 TB QNAP RAID 1

EpiphanyOfMusic

Thats the thing, it is making me have to re-click the "e"
It hides the edit channel setting behind the Main Window when I click on another track

fretthefret

Post by fretthefret »

Are you running Windows 10?
Cubase Pro 10.5, FL Studio 20, Ableton Live Suite 10.1,Harrison Mixbus 32c, UAD Apollo x series, UR44, UR28m, SSL, Native Instruments Komplete ultimate, NI Maschine Studio, Xfer Records Serum, Lennar Digital Sylenth1, reFx Nexus3, Reveal Sound Spire, FabFilter, Soundtoys, Lexicon PCM, Sonarworks, Slate Digital, Izotope, Brainworx, SPL, Waves, Cableguys, Cytomic, MeldaProductions, AOM, IK Multimedia, DDMF, Boz Digital, Antares Autotune, a bunch of other obscure stuff, TBs of samples, too much hardware to list... PC Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-5960x (8 core), Asus x99 Deluxe ii, GeForce 1070 strix, Fractal Design Silent RL2 case, Noctua NH-d15s, 64 GB DDR4 g,Skillz Trident Z 3200 RAM, 1tb Samsung 960 m.2, 3TB segate Ironwolf NAS HDD, 4TB WDRed, 2TB WD Black, Laptop: MSI Ghost pro GS60 6QE i7-6700 Skylake Win 10 64bit, Storage: 32 TB QNAP NAS Raid 50, 12 TB QNAP RAID 1

EpiphanyOfMusic

Yes

fretthefret

Post by fretthefret »

Odd behavior there for sure!
Works as expected on my setup.

Maybe check your Edit Channel Settings window settings (see image attachment)
by clicking the drop down arrow on the windows menu bar.
edit channel settings window ex.png
(41.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet

fretthefret

Post by fretthefret »

Nope....
spoke too soon!
When I deselected the "follow 'e' button or selections changes" drop menu item, then closed the edit channel window, then re-opened and re-selected the "follow 'e' button or selections changes" drop menu item...
it STOPPED following the changes and exhibited the behavior you've described.

I would have to ALT-TAB to bring the channel settings window back to focus and clicking any blank space on the Track in Track List would hide the channel settings behind the Project Window again.

very strange!

This probably deserves a posting in the ISSUES forum!

fretthefret

Post by fretthefret »

@EpiphanyofMusic

I believe found the solution.

RIGHT CLICK on any blank space of the Channel Settings menu bar
(try just to right of the drop down arrow)
Always On Top will popup
Select it (it will get a checkmark)

Edit Channel Settings window should remain Always on Top !

EpiphanyOfMusic

That did the trick! Thank you!

Now does anyone know how I can restore my MIDI Logical Editor Presets
Example: Random Velocity -60 to -100

Also, do I have to keep my Cubase 8 still if I have 8.5 Installed (Why didn't they just make it overwrite the original)

Return to “General”