The Blue Screen Of Death

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.
BrooklynBoy

The Blue Screen Of Death

Post by BrooklynBoy »

Hi there,

I hope somebody can help me over here.

Recently I purchased a dedicated Audio PC for music production. It's a very solid and fast PC that contain 32GB of ram, 256GB SSD main hard drive, 2 other hard drives(1tb and 2tb), Intel i7 4790.

I have it only a few days and always when I'm using Cubase 8 pro after a while the computer crashed and I received the blue screen of death error. Now it's especially happen after open the external VST such as K-Station. I ran a virus check nothing is appear as well as disk check(c). I am using Motu lite for all the midi organization.

My Cubase 8 is original and I installed the latest version of Cubase.

Please advise I am hopeless.

Saar

Mauri

Re: The Blue Screen Of Death

Post by Mauri »

BSOD is often caused by a device driver. Is your Motu driver up to date?
Cubase Pro 10.5 x64 with jBridge | WaveLab Elements 10 | i7 5930K @ 4.6GHz (stable) | ASUS X99 Pro | 32GB RAM | | W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs plus 3 SSDs for samples and project/audio files | Fractal Design Define R5 case | Noctua NH-D15 | AMD Radeon RX 580 | Vox ToneLab SE | Mackie HR624 MKII | 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe | RME HDSPe AIO | 2 x 24" LED monitors...

BrooklynBoy

Post by BrooklynBoy »

Yes indeed

Svengali

Post by Svengali »

In the first line of the bluescreen you get an individual error message and a number. Note this down and google for it. Then you'll find the reason for your blue screen. Usually it's a hardware or a driver problem.
Setup: Cubase Pro 10 on HP Z 620 /Cubase Elements 9.0.3 on Microsoft Surface Tablet, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, Halion 6, Groove Agent 5, Native Instruments Komplete 10, UAD-2, Plugin-Alliance, Waves, Fabfilter, Toontrack, CC121, UR12, UAD Apollo

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Post by Strophoid »

Depending on the type of crash, the windows system log might contain additional information too.
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

ray

Post by ray »

If you have a steinberg dmp file, you can analyze it with debugdiag tool from Microsoft
This will create a mht report which you can open with google chrome or IE
Harlingen, Holland | Studio Wijnbergen | N_64 7 | WL_64 8.5.10 | W8.1_64 pro | system specs

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 »

I, too, have a machine dedicated to sound production and was getting BSOD errors. :cry:

They errors seem to be corrected with the windows repair program from Tweaking dot com. Like you, all my scans show no virus or other system compromise problems. The "help" on correcting BSOD errors from Microsoft isn't very helpful, but, thankfully, the Tweaking utility seems to work. The programming Gurus will have to figure it out and meanwhile we'll have to find ways to work around it. Good luck.
-------------------------------------------------------
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Documentation: https://steinberg.help/
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-
Preferences: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Nuendo

Return to “Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup”