Elements 8 Upgrade

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
jffj

Elements 8 Upgrade

Post by jffj »

I just upgraded to Elements 8 from 7, but I can't find the new version on my Mac. I followed all of the steps-downloaded program and activated the elicense. When I open the program it's version 7 and there are no changes. Looked in my applications for a new program and there's no version 8. The download seemed to go smoothly with no problems. I'm curious if I missed something. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

silhouette

Re: Elements 8 Upgrade

Post by silhouette »

Just a thought! You did install the new version? You only said that you downloaded and activated the license.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 10 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 10.5 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 12 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335x2,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette x 3 - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

InLightTone

Post by InLightTone »

As above you have to install it and then you should see both Elements 7 and Elements 8 on your system as separate programs.

jffj

Post by jffj »

I think I did download the program because it took a long time.

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- »

But did then install it? You can download it again from the Trials page at steinberg.net if you need too. Just don't activate the trial license you receive.

Remember, the license and the program files are separate.
independent manufacturer rep (not a Steinberg employee)
[safe mode] [cubase manual] [score editor manual]

jffj

Post by jffj »

i've resolved the problem. Thanks

bluzkat

Post by bluzkat »

jffj wrote:i've resolved the problem. Thanks
Would you please share what you did to resolve this? It may possibly help someone else in the future.

Thanks
Last edited by bluzkat on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace...
bluzkat

i7 3770, 32 GB DDR3 RAM, Win 7 Pro 64 bit, nVidia GTX 650, Cubase Pro 8.5.15, Nektar P6

jffj

Post by jffj »

When I downloaded, it went onto my external backup drive by mistake and I didn't realize it. After I downloaded, I moved my computer from my office to my studio without the backup drive. I didn't realize it till the next day when I grabbed the external and connected it and there was the program. It's up and running smoothly.

Return to “General”