Audio Mixdown Problem

Use this forum for an overview of collected issues and to report new ones.
music4life

Audio Mixdown Problem

Post by music4life »

When I try to create mp3 version of a 27track song (includes audiotracks and multiple vst instrument tracks like vienna and east west, omnisphere etc.) the mixdown starts as it should but there is no indication of process. usually cubase gives you a percentage or time of how much longer to go. Instead it everything stays at zero while the mixdown happens. It's annoying. You can't chancel either. Nothing happens. Any help? Or is this just one of the many problems that comes with a new version?
My setup is Cubase 8, 64 bit, Windows 7, i7, 16GB RAM.

jgaryt

Re: Audio Mixdown Problem

Post by jgaryt »

But do you get the mixdown?
-jgaryt-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cubase Academy Youtube Channel
DAW: Cubase 10.5 | Windows 10 64 | Xeon 3.5 | 16GB RAM | 2x24" LCD's and a 60' 4K Monitor
Surface: CMC-QC | CMC-CH | CMC-TP | CMC-AI | CMC-PD | Faderport 16
Input: Steinberg UR824 | 2 ADA8200 Ultragain Digital | Focusrite Saffire 2x2 | Nektar LX49+ | M-Audio Keystation 88es | Akai MPK-mini |ART ProChannel II | Shure KSM32, SE 2200a II c, SM57's, 58's
Output: JBL308's | Peavey AMR | Hafler Solid State Amp
Keys/Synths: Yamaha CP40 Stage | Oberheim Matrix6R | Roland JX8P | Korg MonoPoly | Yamaha RY30 | Yamaha PSR 640 | Ensoniq Mirage | Dubreq Gen-R-8 | Behringer Neutron | Maschine MKIII
Guitars: 1979 Kramer DMZ6000B Bass | 1960's Guild Freshman 3/4 Hollowbody | Greg Bennett Stratocaster | Yamaha Acoustic | Fender Squire Jaguar Bass | Fender 5 String Jazz Bass

music4life

Post by music4life »

yes, the mixdown works. but you never know how long it goes which is kind of annoying if you have longer projects. everything works fine when there are only a few tracks and the song isn't longer than 10 min.

sonic74

Post by sonic74 »

I sometimes have the same problem you described, on large orchestral projects. Also, in Cubase 7.5.
Back to good old Cubase 9.5 / intel 5960x @ 4GHz / asus x99 deluxe / 64gb ddr4 @ 4000MHz / vst connect pro / vsl ensemble pro 5

Return to “Issues”