Pizzicato keyswitch not working in Symphonic Orchestra

All topics on VST Sound Instrument Sets, VST Sound Loop Sets and Sequel Content Sets
nyxl

Pizzicato keyswitch not working in Symphonic Orchestra

Post by nyxl »

Hi,

I'm having trouble playing pizzicatos with Halion Symphonic Orchestra (16 bit edition).
According to the manual, the keyswitch for pizzicato is C#0. However, that key doesn't do anything in all string combi programs I have tried (for example "Vln I Combi Vel KS_16").
The other articulations (like trill) are working like they should. They are also working using VST Expression Maps, but there's been no way to get a pizzicato without using the only-pizzicato-program for me so far.
I'd be happy if you could tell me what I might be doing wrong or how I can play pizzicatos in the combi programs.

Thanks!

Pagliacci

Re: Pizzicato keyswitch not working in Symphonic Orchestra

Post by Pagliacci »

I've gone through the orignal HSO 16bit manual and found on page 44...
"C#0 25 Pizzacato Double basses only kr" under the "Combi programs" descriptions.

I cannot find a Violin Combi with Pizzicato as a key switch.
Those voicings are separate probably because there is no bowing involved.

I'd grab the "Vln pizz tight Vel_16" or "Vln pizz loose Vel_16" program for your pizzicato needs.
A man of meager means, short sight and few prospects...

nyxl

Re: Pizzicato keyswitch not working in Symphonic Orchestra

Post by nyxl »

Thank you! The fact that pizzicato is in the expression maps seems to be a mistake then.
Pagliacci wrote:I'd grab the "Vln pizz tight Vel_16" or "Vln pizz loose Vel_16" program for your pizzicato needs.
Yes that's what I did, I just thought there was a better solution. But apparently there isn't.

Return to “VST Sound Instrument Sets and Content Sets”