Padshop Pro Pre-purchase Question

All topics on Padshop and Padshop Pro
Stinger64

Padshop Pro Pre-purchase Question

Post by Stinger64 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:37 pm

Want to try Padshop Pro and have a couple of pre-purchase questions. I'll be using it with Windows and Reaper.

1. For licensing ... does it require the USB eLicenser ... or ... the eLCC Licenser?

2. Will it run on Windows Vista 32?

3. Does it come with VST 2?

Thanks!

KenB

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Re: Padshop Pro Pre-purchase Question

Post by Elektrobolt » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:21 pm

"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

Stinger64

Post by Stinger64 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:51 am

@Electrobolt

Thanks for the quick reply ... but the info in the link you provided does not answer the first 2 questions.

The link doesn't say if a dongle is needed or not.

Although the link specifies Windows 7 ... that does not clearly mean that Padshop Pro will not run on Windows Vista. Many programs developed (or tested) on more recent operating systems still run properly on older operating systems. As an example ... many new programs work fine on Windows XP although they were developed for use on a newer operating system. I need to know if that is the case with Padshop Pro in regards to Windows Vista.

KenB

Makumbaria

Post by Makumbaria » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:41 am

I think the best way to discover this is running a demo in windows Vista:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/vs ... rsion.html
Cubase Pro 10.5 / 6.5.5 / Cubasis 2.8 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC/PD / Cubase IC Pro 1.2.2
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
Dorico 2.2.20 / Halion 6.2.10 / Halion Sonic 3.2.10 / Padshop Pro 1.2.10 / HSO 1.0 / The Grand 3.2.0/

Ivory II Italian Grand / Ravenscroft 275 / Vienna imperial piano / Alicia Keys Piano / Addictive drums 2 & Keys / Ezdrummer 2 / Abbey Road Modern Drums / GPO 5 / VSL / Vienna Mir pro 24 /Bias amp & FX 1 & 2/ Amplitube 3 & 4 / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 & 3 / Mercuriall Spark & Reaxis / Nugen Audio / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 & V10 / Softube / Toneboosters / NI / Neural DSP Darkglass ultra / PSP audioware / Markstudio 2 /

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Post by Elektrobolt » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:44 am

Stinger64 wrote:The link doesn't say if a dongle is needed
Correct, the minimum system requirements does not list such a requirement. Then you do not need one.
Stinger64 wrote:Although the link specifies Windows 7 ... that does not clearly mean that Padshop Pro will not run on Windows Vista. Many programs developed (or tested) on more recent operating systems still run properly on older operating systems. As an example ... many new programs work fine on Windows XP although they were developed for use on a newer operating system. I need to know if that is the case with Padshop Pro in regards to Windows Vista.
The minimum system requirements list Windows 7. Windows Vista is not supported. Even if it runs with Vista or any older version of Windows today, an update could end such happiness at any time. Also, there may be functionality that does not work properly, even if PP overall appears to work.
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

curteye
External Moderator

Post by curteye » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:06 pm

Aloha guys and a major thanks for this thread.

I have had Padshop for a while now
and I enjoy creating sounds with it.

But for some reason my 'stupid brain' told me
that to update to PS Pro would be really expensive; so I never looked into it.

Then about an hour or so ago I read this thread and thought,
'why not just check My Steinberg and see just how much $$$ the upgrade would be'
from Basic to Pro.

IT WAS 9.99 USD!!! I grabbed it!

Mahalo again guys and sending much Aloha.
I'll have fun tomorrow.
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac i7 2.8Gz 16GB-10.10x...../C5.5/6.5/7.5/CP8
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB-10.10x.../CP8

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Stinger64

Post by Stinger64 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Had Padshop Pro for a month or so now ... no need to worry ... works just fine on Vista.

roel

Post by roel » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:44 pm

if you like pad shop pro (as i am) i can also highly recommend the granular symphonies pack, even when you're not into presets at all. The way this is programmed and the soundresults are just mindblowing and you can learn a lot of what you can do with the instrument and how. I've also never heard anything come close to this on any granular synth. And for the price (30 euro's) this isn't really an issue.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/so ... onies.html

kind regards,
R.
Cubase 10.5, vienna ensemble pro 5,
Master:laptop Clevo, P771zm, i7 4790S, 16 gig, 2xSSD samsung 840pro/evo, 2x Samsung SSD850 +touch screen
Slave: none, will probably never be replaced because latest processors are powerfull enough
Sound: Motu Ultralite MKIII (usb), Focusrite 18i20, behringer 16 ch mixer
control: Synergy, novation zero SL
vsti: Steinberg, East West, Vienna, Native Instruments, Spectrasonics and a lot of others
hardware: S760, CD3000xl, SY77, studiologic 990, alesis Q88,

Return to “Padshop and Padshop Pro”