Expected Release date for 7.03

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Rich
Junior Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:26 pm
Contact:

Expected Release date for 7.03

Post by Rich » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:23 pm

Just wondering when 7.03 will be available. I noticed the issues surrounding hidden channels on an external control surface have been fixed in the 7.03 release. This is something big for me. So I'm hoping Helge or someone else at SB might give us an ETA on 7.03.

-Rich

promotouk
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Expected Release date for 7.03

Post by promotouk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Well I hope it's going to be in the next few weeks as I can not use 7.02 anymore it's way to unstable for me. My UAD1 card will not run correctly the plugins load in but no sound from them. Load times are just the worst along with mix downs and closing of 7.02 which gives me the Blue Screen Of Death and also loading in of old Nuendo projects just crashes 7 I knew I should have waited 6 months before upgrading what a nightmare.

mart
Member
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Expected Release date for 7.03

Post by mart » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:38 pm

If I was to take a guess I'd say sometime around the time of the Frankfurt MusikMesse, which I think is in April - so as to make C7 impressive for the show!
Windows 10 Build 1909 , Gigabyte x58 Soc FORCE, 16gb Ddr4 RAM, Intel 5930x, Cubase 10.5, Dorico 3 1 OCTO & 1 Quad UAD, Protools 12.7, Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 with 32gb Slave PC.

Guest

Re: Expected Release date for 7.03

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:22 pm

mart wrote:If I was to take a guess I'd say sometime around the time of the Frankfurt MusikMesse, which I think is in April - so as to make C7 impressive for the show!
i think your right i very much doubt it will be before then ,i mean why would they want to fix a completely bugged out mixer before then ?

Guest

Re: Expected Release date for 7.03

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:50 pm

filterfreak wrote:
mart wrote:If I was to take a guess I'd say sometime around the time of the Frankfurt MusikMesse, which I think is in April - so as to make C7 impressive for the show!
i think your right i very much doubt it will be before then ,i mean why would they want to fix a completely bugged out mixer before then ?
Bugged out mixer? Works perfectly well for me...at least for what I am using it for. What bugs?

Guest

Re: Expected Release date for 7.03

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:44 am

Sean Dockery wrote:
filterfreak wrote:
mart wrote:If I was to take a guess I'd say sometime around the time of the Frankfurt MusikMesse, which I think is in April - so as to make C7 impressive for the show!
i think your right i very much doubt it will be before then ,i mean why would they want to fix a completely bugged out mixer before then ?
Bugged out mixer? Works perfectly well for me...at least for what I am using it for. What bugs?
just look over the forum and you will see , i for one have posted loads of threads with photos of MC graphic issues and issues with monitor buttons ,meters ,routing,sluggishness ,resizing ,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

im safely back using 6.5 as even using the CR is causing to much latency to run properly but not everyone is having these issues , i'll see what steinberg does in the next release but im back on 6.5

User avatar
marQs
Senior Member
Posts: 2258
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 am
Contact:

Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by marQs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Someone's got to be the first to ask: ;)

Steinberg, when is the next update scheduled and what fixes + improvements will it include?
Cubase 10.5 | WL 10 | Fireface UFX | UAD2 Octo (2x)/Quad PCI-e | Win10 Pro 64 | i7-7820 x | Asus Prime X299-A
http://www.secretsource.de
Authentic Drums - Sample Pack for Slate Trigger: https://www.authentic-audio.de/drum-sa ... e-trigger/

Guest

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 pm

+1

User avatar
Telogic
Junior Member
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by Telogic » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:49 pm

filterfreak wrote:+1
+1

yes when?
Cubase 8.0.10 mac pro 6 core 3.3ghz 16gb ram,MR816x ,cc121, Novation impulse, access virus, krk vxt speakers, UAD2 cards, Wavelab 8.05 many many plugin's and some old outboard and synths.
Telogic aka Logicaldream

User avatar
MaXxive
Junior Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by MaXxive » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:54 pm

OMG, 7.0.2 is just out....

This sounds ridiculous tbh....
Cubase 10.0.5 | Windows 10 Pro 1809 64-bit | Steinberg UR44 | Soundcraft M8 | SE Electronics 2200A | Shure SM58 | KRK RP5 | Kort Triton Extreme 76 | Technics AX5 |
http://www.maxxiveproductions.com - http://www.facebook.com/maxxiveproductions

Rich
Junior Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by Rich » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:05 pm

marQs wrote:Someone's got to be the first to ask: ;)

Steinberg, when is the next update scheduled and what fixes + improvements will it include?
Beat you to the punch a little while ago :)

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 75&t=35603

-Rich

User avatar
marQs
Senior Member
Posts: 2258
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by marQs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:04 pm

MaXxive wrote:OMG, 7.0.2 is just out....

This sounds ridiculous tbh....
Does it? If 7.02 had covered some more really important workflow improvements, I'd be more patient, don't you think so?!?
:mrgreen:
Cubase 10.5 | WL 10 | Fireface UFX | UAD2 Octo (2x)/Quad PCI-e | Win10 Pro 64 | i7-7820 x | Asus Prime X299-A
http://www.secretsource.de
Authentic Drums - Sample Pack for Slate Trigger: https://www.authentic-audio.de/drum-sa ... e-trigger/

arvfur
Junior Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by arvfur » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:19 pm

What is this thing evebody seems so freakin preoccupied with: "Workflow"?
I don't get it....you work....and flow?...or in a flow....or wtf is it?
I work,. and try to get it done, no "flow" here.
Always an unknown road with unexpected bumps and turns, never predictable and never the same.
Many roads to Rome?

workflow....sounds like a utopian designed dream...boring *flower*.
ADK i7 950 4GHz 12Gb RAM
Win7 64
2 x UAD Quad/Lynx TWO/IntensityPro
Nuendo5/Cubase7/Wavelab8/Halion5

User avatar
marQs
Senior Member
Posts: 2258
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by marQs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:09 pm

:?: What are you trying to say, arvfur?

My understanding of 'workflow' is that the DAW doesn't get in your way while you're creating music.
No question, you have to learn your tools to reach that point. I'm willing to do so and did in the past.

Previous Cubase versions were very advanced imho (key commands, small features like this one: https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 24#p213924, readability of fonts, one click operations with dedicated buttons, pre/post status visibility, reaction to mousewheel etc.) while Cubase 7 feels half baken even in version 7.02, takes more time/clicks/doubleclicks to work and doesn't offer enough keycos and options to tailor the personal experience to something close to the usability of 6.5.

I'm fine with a .0 version not running as smooth as an older one. I'm not fine with lost features and changes that look good in advertising but are real-life-restrictions when you work with Cubase up to 12 h a day.
Cubase 10.5 | WL 10 | Fireface UFX | UAD2 Octo (2x)/Quad PCI-e | Win10 Pro 64 | i7-7820 x | Asus Prime X299-A
http://www.secretsource.de
Authentic Drums - Sample Pack for Slate Trigger: https://www.authentic-audio.de/drum-sa ... e-trigger/

User avatar
EmilStudio
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by EmilStudio » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:17 pm

+1

C7 is really disappointing :( I feel sorry that I did the upgrade

I really hope 7.03 will be out very soon and it will bring some major improvements (for now I am back on C6 :( )
http://www.emilstudio.eu
Cubase 10.5 pro (64-bit) | RME fireface 800 | MOTU midi express | Asparion D400 - DAW Controller | M-Audio Code-61 Keyboard Controller | Neumann 5.1 monitors KH80 DSP + KH810 sub
Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 | Intel Core i7-5820K | Win10x64 | Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2666 Ram | SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 550 4GD5 graphics | Philips 40" & Samsung 43 CJ890 displays | Samsung SSD 850 PRO SSDs

User avatar
kzarider
Member
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by kzarider » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:44 pm

I wonder if new buyers or up-graders are effected by all the negative comments in these forums on the new product. If I were a product developer I would be concerned about how this would negatively effect my sales/reputation moving forward and try to communicate issues more effectively with my end users. Reminds of issues Microsoft had w/Vista release.

I started w/Korg sequencer then Atari then Cakewalk but I have been w/Cubase since version 4. Been working w/other DAW lately that seem to fit "flow" and also have full screen HD Video support for scoring etc so I don't need to use multiple programs to merge audio-video etc. It's an odd thing that once you jump ship it's hard to get back on board with a product, wish they would communicate more effectively and show concern for these needs. Also wish that video/movie production would be better supported. I'm unable to use the video in 7.02 so I switched back to 6.5 for that.When I get done with audio I send to partner who uses DP7 and he finishes edits for export, again the work flow issue lol

Cubase is so great on many levels and awful on a few, wish it were great on all
PC i7-8770K Gigabyte 370 Win10 64bit -32gb ram; i7 2015 MackBook Pro; Cubase 9.5, Wavelab 8.5, Presonus 3, Digital Performer, Access Virus TI2, Vienna Instruments Cube-MIR-Pro 5, Imperial Grand, EastWest PlayComposer, UAD Quad, Baldwin L3, Hammond B3-Sk2, Rhodes, Wurlitzer 200, Hohner Clav, Waldorf, NI Komplete 10, Gretch Brooklyn, Omnisphere, Keyscape, Trillian, RMX, Superior Drums, BFD, etc. Antelope Orion 32HD, Antelope Goliath HD
http://zkeysmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=zkeysmusic
https://www.facebook.com/ZKeys-Studio-1608666072789495/

User avatar
Area52
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by Area52 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 pm

marQs wrote::?: What are you trying to say, arvfur?

My understanding of 'workflow' is that the DAW doesn't get in your way while you're creating music.
No question, you have to learn your tools to reach that point. I'm willing to do so and did in the past.

Previous Cubase versions were very advanced imho (key commands, small features like this one: https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 24#p213924, readability of fonts, one click operations with dedicated buttons, pre/post status visibility, reaction to mousewheel etc.) while Cubase 7 feels half baken even in version 7.02, takes more time/clicks/doubleclicks to work and doesn't offer enough keycos and options to tailor the personal experience to something close to the usability of 6.5.

I'm fine with a .0 version not running as smooth as an older one. I'm not fine with lost features and changes that look good in advertising but are real-life-restrictions when you work with Cubase up to 12 h a day.

+1

One more thing that bothers me: Why do we everytime have to wait for months instead of weeks for some minor updates / bugfixes ?? I understand that it takes some time to fix issues and test a release before putting it available for users, but would'nt it be better to fix "less" (only the most important ones first) and release those updates more frequently??!!
Cubase Pro 10.0.20, loads of plugins (All 64bit).
Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel Core i7 6700K, 16GB RAM, nVIDIA GeForce 1070 GTX, Sandisk SSD Drives.
Allen & Heath QU-32, Steinberg UR28M, Steinberg CC121, RME Fireface 800,
Yamaha DTX700, Yamaha MX61, Mackie HR824...

User avatar
marQs
Senior Member
Posts: 2258
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by marQs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:03 pm

Area52 wrote: +1

One more thing that bothers me: Why do we everytime have to wait for months instead of weeks for some minor updates / bugfixes ?? I understand that it takes some time to fix issues and test a release before putting it available for users, but would'nt it be better to fix "less" (only the most important ones first) and release those updates more frequently??!!
That would be nice! To be fair, Steinberg has way shorter intervalls between updates now than they used to.
Cubase 10.5 | WL 10 | Fireface UFX | UAD2 Octo (2x)/Quad PCI-e | Win10 Pro 64 | i7-7820 x | Asus Prime X299-A
http://www.secretsource.de
Authentic Drums - Sample Pack for Slate Trigger: https://www.authentic-audio.de/drum-sa ... e-trigger/

User avatar
PulsePsycle
Junior Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:20 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by PulsePsycle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:41 am

[quote="marQs"]:?:

Previous Cubase versions were very advanced imho (key commands, small features like this one: https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 24#p213924, readability of fonts, one click operations with dedicated buttons, pre/post status visibility, reaction to mousewheel etc.) while Cubase 7 feels half baken even in version 7.02, takes more time/clicks/doubleclicks to work and doesn't offer enough keycos and options to tailor the personal experience to something close to the usability of 6.5.

+1

7 is a one big disappointment. 6.5 feels like the upgrade to 7 to me.
Latest version x64 - Win10 x64 - 12GB - i7 - M-Audio 2626 x 3 - ESI M8U XL x 3.
Favorite synths: Doepfer A100 System ,Oberheim SEM Pro, Moog Voyager, Korg Odyssey.

User avatar
studioton
Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Expected Release date for 7.03

Post by studioton » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:57 am

+1

I missing metes in mixer .. https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 84&t=35353

I cant work anymore with 7.02 .. SB must do something quickly .. for now, i think i must back to 6.5 too :( :( :(

Sinking slow
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by Sinking slow » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:43 am

marQs wrote::?: What are you trying to say, arvfur?

My understanding of 'workflow' is that the DAW doesn't get in your way while you're creating music.
No question, you have to learn your tools to reach that point. I'm willing to do so and did in the past.

Previous Cubase versions were very advanced imho (key commands, small features like this one: https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 24#p213924, readability of fonts, one click operations with dedicated buttons, pre/post status visibility, reaction to mousewheel etc.) while Cubase 7 feels half baken even in version 7.02, takes more time/clicks/doubleclicks to work and doesn't offer enough keycos and options to tailor the personal experience to something close to the usability of 6.5.

I'm fine with a .0 version not running as smooth as an older one. I'm not fine with lost features and changes that look good in advertising but are real-life-restrictions when you work with Cubase up to 12 h a day.
+1
iMac 2017 5k 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7 24Gb, 10.4.61, Cubase 10.5, UAD Apollo Twin, Komplete Kontrol S61

dr4kan
Junior Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by dr4kan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:35 am

I also have the impression that SB people are participating less to the forum activity in these days (weeks)...am I wrong? Tons of complaints, tons of confirmed issues to be acknowledged, etc... no feedbacks.
Cubase 7.5, Mac i7 16 GB ram (512 + 512 Samsung 840 pro), OSX 10.9.0
MR816X, Motu Ultralite, UAD 2, MCU Pro, CC121, Adam A7x, Axiom 49...

User avatar
sonicstate
Member
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by sonicstate » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:54 pm

dr4kan wrote:I also have the impression that SB people are participating less to the forum activity in these days (weeks)...am I wrong? Tons of complaints, tons of confirmed issues to be acknowledged, etc... no feedbacks.
If somebody says something good about Cubase, they listen and reply. Everybody loves cheerleaders, nobody likes grumpy complainers. If you want them around here, then make them feel good.
Cubase Pro 8.5, Win 64bit, i7-4770K @4.3GHz, ASUS Z87-K, 16Gb, RME HDSP 9652, BCF 2000, BCR 2000, Novation Launchpad Mini, M-Audio TriggerFinger, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32, Korg NanoKey, plenty outboard synths and fx, 24ch Studiomaster mixer, Yamaha NS10s, Dynaudio BM5, Samson Rubicon R8a Ribbon, etc...

Guest

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:40 pm

sonicstate wrote:. Everybody loves cheerleaders, nobody likes grumpy complainers. If you want them around here, then make them feel good.
i dislike cheerleaders and that whole culture .
if a domestic engineer came to your house and installed something that didn't work properly you would want them to return and sort the problem out straight away and if that engineer said to you there might be a possibility of sorting out the problem in 3-6 months time but not guaranteed would you be happy ??????
In my eye's just because this is software it doesn't make any difference , it doesn't work as expected so i want the problem sorted out after all it is paid for

dr4kan
Junior Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 7.03/7.1

Post by dr4kan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:01 pm

sonicstate wrote:If you want them around here, then make them feel good.
I did make them feel good when I payed 550 euro for C7.
Cubase 7.5, Mac i7 16 GB ram (512 + 512 Samsung 840 pro), OSX 10.9.0
MR816X, Motu Ultralite, UAD 2, MCU Pro, CC121, Adam A7x, Axiom 49...

Post Reply

Return to “Older Cubase versions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests