License Problem

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Fabio1985

License Problem

Post by Fabio1985 »

Hi!
I have a problem with my eLicencer.
I have bought Cubase 6.5 and activated it on my eLicencer.
With the special offer, i have upgraded free to Cubase 7. But the upgrade process has erased the C6 license, changing it in the C7 license.
Now if I try to start Cubase 6, it says that there isn't a valid license file.

It's a normal behaviour?

Thanks
Fabio

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Re: License Problem

Post by thinkingcap »

Already updatet to the latest version of the e-Licenser software..?
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

Fabio1985

Post by Fabio1985 »

thinkingcap wrote:Already updatet to the latest version of the e-Licenser software..?

Yes, but if I go in the "My Steinberg" section of the official site, where I have registered everything, I have only the "Cubase 7"

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap »

Fabio1985 wrote:
thinkingcap wrote:Already updatet to the latest version of the e-Licenser software..?

Yes, but if I go in the "My Steinberg" section of the official site, where I have registered everything, I have only the "Cubase 7"
That' s normal if you updated, (since thats what an update does: update the license), nevertheless, all older versions will run, as long as the elicenser software if up to date.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

Fabio1985

Post by Fabio1985 »

Solved!
I have reinstalled the eLicencer software (although was already the latest version) and now I can use my Cubase 6.5!

Return to “Older Cubase versions”