Drumagog on 6.5 projects has no sound

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
avenger_1987

Drumagog on 6.5 projects has no sound

Post by avenger_1987 »

So, i installed Cubase 7 today, and I opened my session from yesterday (6.5 version). every track is working fine,except the tracks with Drumagog 4.11 on it.

this is strange, cause meter is showing the signal on the channel, but has no sound at all. i tried to change out to main, or group and nothing. even bypassing drumagog and putting any wave file on this track is not helping

the other side - when i add new track and open drumagog there - it works fine....

this vst is 2.4 so it's fully supported. a

and NO - using version 5 of drumagog will not solve my problem, cause I have hundreds of old sessions with samples on drumagog 4.x

any ideas?

avenger_1987

Re: Drumagog on 6.5 projects has no sound

Post by avenger_1987 »

anyone?

nicky_p

[ISSUE] Loading some projects

Post by nicky_p »

I've try to open the 2 last projects and Cubase 7 crash! If I start new one is OK! Is it there an issue to fix this? I have 6.5 and was working well!!

If there is an solution it will be nice :)

Thank's

P.S. Also the automatic coloring is not working for me :( +1 or other! How to switch it ON? :)

War Geordie

Re: My last projects does not opening :(

Post by War Geordie »

I had same problem... traced to an old plugin 'hypersonic'. try loading in 6.5, removing all old plugins and saving as different file and see if it opens in 7. If it does it will be a matter of finding to offending plug in!
Cubase 7.5 (64 bit), Windows 7 (64 bit), i7 Quad core 16GB ram, Wavelab 7, Mackie DXB, CC121, KRK VXT6, KRK 10s sub, Motu 2408 x 2 via PCIe 424, Motu midi express, Superior Drummer, BFD2, Addictive Drums, Studio drummer, Steven Slade Drums, UAD-2 Duo, Lexicon 224, Roland XV5080, Yamaha TG500, Darbuka, Latigo, Xphraze, NI Guitar Rig 5, Waves GRT3, Eastwest (Pianos gold/Symphonic Orchestra platinum/Goliath/Storm Drums 2/Ra/Voices of passion/Symphonic Choirs/Ministry of Rock)

JHP

Post by JHP »

Hi, :)
Please rename your VST plug-in folder temporarily to e.g. “VSTPlugins_inactive”. With this approach, you will be able to check if a particular plugin is causing the problem.

The standard VST Plug-in path for 3rd party plug-ins is:

Windows XP (32-bit)/ Windows Vista
(64-bit)/Windows 7 (64-bit)
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins
Please rename to
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins_inactive

For 32-Bit VST Plug-ins on Vista 64-bit/ Windows 7/8 64-bit:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins
You must rename to
C:\Program Files(x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins_ inactive

Mac OS X (up to version 10.6)
Hard disk // Library // Audio // Plug-Ins // VST
Hard disk // Users // Username // Library // Audio // Plug-Ins // VST
Please rename to
Hard disk // Library // Audio // Plug-Ins // VST inactive
Hard disk // Users // Username // Library // Audio // Plug-Ins // VST inactive

Mac OS X (version 10.7 or later)
Please create a new folder in
Hard disk // Library // Audio // Plug-Ins // VST
Hard disk // Users // Username // Library // Audio // Plug-Ins // VST
and move the plug-ins into that folder as it is not possible to rename the VST folder anymore.

If this procedure has fixed the problem, you know that a particular plugin has caused the error. By copying the plugins of the inactive folder to the active “VSTPlugin” folder one by one and starting the sequencer over and over again, you can identify which plug-in in particular is causing the issue.
Jan Peters, QA
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

War Geordie

Post by War Geordie »

yea, that way also....

another way is open a brand new project in 7 and try to load your pluging ins one at a time. C7 will hang when you find a bad plug. once you have identifird bad plugs remove them from previous priojects!
Cubase 7.5 (64 bit), Windows 7 (64 bit), i7 Quad core 16GB ram, Wavelab 7, Mackie DXB, CC121, KRK VXT6, KRK 10s sub, Motu 2408 x 2 via PCIe 424, Motu midi express, Superior Drummer, BFD2, Addictive Drums, Studio drummer, Steven Slade Drums, UAD-2 Duo, Lexicon 224, Roland XV5080, Yamaha TG500, Darbuka, Latigo, Xphraze, NI Guitar Rig 5, Waves GRT3, Eastwest (Pianos gold/Symphonic Orchestra platinum/Goliath/Storm Drums 2/Ra/Voices of passion/Symphonic Choirs/Ministry of Rock)

nicky_p

Post by nicky_p »

Thanks, I'll do that! AND the problem was nuendoEQ.dll.

I've scan the VST pluggins and this crash :)

nicky_p

Post by nicky_p »

THANKS A LOT !!!!

musicdoc

Cubase 7 serious error loading any VSTi

Post by musicdoc »

Loading any VSTi into Cubase 7.0 results in serious error. Loading any of my older 6.5, 6.0, 5.5 projects seems to be ok. VSTi's play normally. However, if I try to add another VSTi to project ---> serious error.

Using Win7, 8 gig ram, i7-2600.

Also, padshop and Halionsonic SE not finding content. Halion Sonic (paid version) runs ok. I realize this is being discussed in another thread but why can't we have an option to SET THE PATH OF THE CONTENT instead of monkeying around. Kind of like Native instruments or any number of other vsti's.

Using search, I found the missing content but have no idea how to link it to padshop.

Anyways, looks like it's back to C6.5 for now. Maybe in a couple of weeks.....

ford442

Re: Cubase 7 serious error loading any VSTi

Post by ford442 »

i have the exact same problem.

ford442

Post by ford442 »

i found us a workaround - if you right click > add Instrument track > select VSTi from pulldown - there is not the same crash and you can play your VSTi.

ford442

Post by ford442 »

another workaround - go to prefs - VST Plugs - select "Always" Create Track and then there is no crash by adding from the VST Instruments list! :)

musicdoc

Post by musicdoc »

Thanks. Will try tomorrow. I guess after this difficulty and the whole messed up VSTi sample paths I just kind of put it on ice for now. Maybe in a month or so we will have some official solutions.

avenger_1987

Re: Drumagog on 6.5 projects has no sound

Post by avenger_1987 »

is there any user od Drumagog 4 ??????

eagle007

Issues with VST presets

Post by eagle007 »

When I load UAD2 plugins, like the 1176LN for example, Cubase 6.5 doesn't show the preset list and for the UAD2 VST's that show the presets, only the main category is listed. For example, the Ampex 102 shows a single list of presets, while the same plugin in ProTools shows this list and some folders with additional presets.

The above is not changed in Cubase 7, though trying to open the presets dropdown on a VST which previously showed an empty list, now crashes Cubase 7.

So opening the preset browser on the UAD 1176LN and LA2a crashes Cubase 7, every time I try it.

Besides the crash in Cubase 7, which appears the have to do with handling empty preset lists, I find it rather odd that Cubase doesn't show the complete build-in presets if they are in sub-categories while Steinberg invented this format and other DAWs do show this correctly.

MPatel

vsti gui greyed out

Post by MPatel »

Hi all

Is it just my system. Im runing windows 7 and run cubase 7 32 bit after a clean install, some of my arturia plugins, albino 3, imposcer plugins randomly show no gui just plain grey. Strange 6.5 worked flawlessly, starting to wish I held out on the upgrade.

If I recall it used to happen in cubase 5 and steinberg fixed it via a update. I just hope they sort this one quicker. If any one got any arturia plugin, try loading one after each other and this bug would get replicated.

Genrally im liking the mixer workflow but this whole gui bugs on the mixer and random vsti is doing my head in.

MPatel

Re: vsti gui greyed out

Post by MPatel »

Just looked into the matter further it definately is the arturia plugins causing problems. The albino 3 vsti also not displayed correctly.

serenity

Unfreeze UAD and PSP plugins problem

Post by serenity »

Hi,

Just unfreeze track vocal (project from C6.5) with plugins in Cubase 7. After that track was late in time to other tracks. I found that UAD Time Cooper was inactive and PSP Neon mix loose synchronisation. Must set it again/save preset/reload plugins :(

Enyone have these issues with freeze/unfreeze ?
Pawel

Windows 10 64 bit / Cubase 10 Pro 64 Bit / RME Fireface 400
www.studiomuzyczne.com

Re: Unfreeze UAD and PSP plugins problem

Post by Guest »

this has always been a problem with UAD plugins and cubase.. the workaround is to just save the project + reload, then it's fine

serenity

Re: Unfreeze UAD and PSP plugins problem

Post by serenity »

Xtigma. wrote:this has always been a problem with UAD plugins and cubase.. the workaround is to just save the project + reload, then it's fine
Oh, IC, thank you.
Pawel

Windows 10 64 bit / Cubase 10 Pro 64 Bit / RME Fireface 400
www.studiomuzyczne.com

emotive

An issue perhaps with the Plugin Information page?

Post by emotive »

No matter if I delete various folders created by the program and restart, they are always re-instated.

silent shadow

Complex Project Lock-up

Post by silent shadow »

Due to the complexity of this project file, it would be very hard to create a list in order to recreate this situation but i am willing to give the back-up folder to a Steinberg staff member to see how it goes for them.

in a nutshell though, ill explain the situation.

This has happened a few times now but i will use last night's experience as an example.
i opened up Guitar Rig 5 that was already in an insert and added a reverb to my GR5 rack. cubase instantly said that there was a major failure of some sort and it was going to shut-down. in my panic state i just hit ok on everything to get to that save button as quickly as possible! it has locked-up on the same project file since but it has not displayed that message again so i cant copy/paste what it says until i see it again.

now when this lock-up happens, you dont get the white-out screen of death or anything. you cant click on anything on cubase. you cant right click on the task bar and close it. you cant open up your task manager and end the process straight away. instead you click end process, and cubase will hang around for some minutes before visually dissappearing. but if you check your processes you can see it's still there taking up considerable ram. it wouldnt fully disappear until i restarted my computer.

upon opening the project file again there where different errors. some instances of Kontakt 5 were open but the instuments that were previously loaded in them were missing! some not all. i am very lucky that somehow i remembered exactly what i had loaded in these Kontakts and rememebred settings i used to get the sounds. if i didnt though, i would have lost some very key sounds to my project. and my eyes would have turned into laser beams from the rage.

once i had everything back to normal, i went to play my project but straight away i noticed it was not some playing midi clips correctly. it was missing out notes at random. so i shut everything down and went to bed. today it seems to be fine but my faith in CB7's stability is a little lower.

please note that i upgraded from CB5 and projects with twice the complexity have never frozen up or even lagged in CB5. so the only variable i can determaine is the DAW im using.

thanks for reading. would love to know if anyone else has had a similar issue.

here are some particulars for the project file and my PC specs.

project:
Cubase 7 32bit
174BPM/ 161bars/ 3m:40s
34 channels total
18 instrument tracks
13 audio tracks
3 groups

NI komplete 8 plugs 32bit:
3x absynth 5 stereo
9x Kontakt 5
5x Massive
16x Guitar Rig 5

And 7x Camelphat 3

PC:
ASUS P8P67 Pro
i7 2600 unlocked @ 4.3ghz
16GB DDR3 1600 RAM
2TB drives raid mirror
M-Audio Fast track pro
Novation Impulse 49
PCD sounds :-)
[url" target="_blank">https://soundcloud.com/p-c-d

silent shadow

Re: Complex Project Lock-up

Post by silent shadow »

hasnt happened since i wrote this thread lol. but it was probably the 5th time is froze up the same way. time will tell.
PCD sounds :-)
[url" target="_blank">https://soundcloud.com/p-c-d

ShikiSuen

Did anybody found his Cubase 7 project ruined?

Post by ShikiSuen »

Did anybody found his Cubase 7 project ruined?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a Cubase 6.5 project made in OSX 10.8,
I edited it by Cubase 7...
but after the first time I saved it, then I re-open it, Cubase 7 crashes, 100% possibility...
and I use Cubase 6.5 to resave that project, then Cubase 7 could read it.

Today one of my buddy told me that Cubase 7 could write some incorrect information into project file,
so I make this post here to ask if anybody here had ever met such kind of issue.
// My first name is Shiki. A trilingual Chinese living in Japan. My nationality doesn't prove anything, but I do have issues with my English.
PRC出身の孫志貴と申します。三つ言語話せます。ここで国籍は何にも証明できませんが、英語のニュアンスは少し苦手です。
[ZOOM UAC-2] [MDR-7506] [Studio One 4.5] [Dorico Pro 3] [macOS Catalina] [Mac Pro 2013] [MacBook Pro 15" 2017]

Kotsamanidis

Re: Did anybody found his Cubase 7 project ruined?

Post by Kotsamanidis »

There must be something being saved in your project that Cubase 7 doesn't like (maybe an old VST that doesn't work as well in C7). Try removing the links to your VSTs to Cubase 7 and then reopening the file.
--Andreas

Return to “Older Cubase versions”