Cubase 5 LE help.

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
Zack

Cubase 5 LE help.

Post by Zack »

I can't seem to figure this out. This is my first try at anything like this. I have recently bought a Digitech Rp 500 pedal and I'm trying to set it up to record. I have changed the device to the RP500 in device setup but I don't quite understand the inputs and outputs. When I hook up my guitar I can see the level rising as I play it, so I know it recognizes it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Zack on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scab Pickens

Re: Cubase 5 LE help.

Post by Scab Pickens »

Start here ...

http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 25&t=10051

Also, you should have a PDF manual to read.

Report back. (hopefully in the LE/AI forum with a more descriptive topic title :P )
Windows 10 | Cubase Pro 10.5 | WaveLab Elements 8 | Dorico 3 SE | Focusrite Pro 40

Mondriaan

Post by Mondriaan »

Same problem here, Steinberg thinks that we all have the time to play around, thats why we get stupid manuals that are written in much to technical words, hey man i take my guitar and i want to play not study a manual.

Mondriaan

Post by Mondriaan »

Click on "File--> Import--> Audio File" and import an Audio File. Is not possible is greyed out

Mondriaan

Post by Mondriaan »

Even a midi file is not played

Mondriaan

Post by Mondriaan »

Hehe at last i have mp3 audio

Scab Pickens

Post by Scab Pickens »

Mondriaan wrote:Same problem here, Steinberg thinks that we all have the time to play around, thats why we get stupid manuals that are written in much to technical words, hey man i take my guitar and i want to play not study a manual.
If you don't have the time, how is that Steinberg's fault?

The "stupid manual" is written in technical terms because Cubase is a highly technical application.

Try posting your own topic in the proper forum section with a detailed description of your problem.

What's stopping you from playing your guitar? Are you trying to read the manual while playing?

If all else fails, I have one of these I can give you ...

... I'm pretty sure it came with a manual, too :mrgreen: .

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap »

Scab Pickens wrote:
Mondriaan wrote:Same problem here, Steinberg thinks that we all have the time to play around, thats why we get stupid manuals that are written in much to technical words, hey man i take my guitar and i want to play not study a manual.
If you don't have the time, how is that Steinberg's fault?
He´s absolutely correct. It´s the same with those guitar manufacturers. They think I have the time to learn how to play a guitar . I just want to take it and be Mr. guitar hero, not wasting time on learning how to play it...
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

Mondriaan

Post by Mondriaan »

I am also a scubadiver and i expect nothing than quality, it seems that if some product is not for protecting your life than you can expect nothing. My tascam us 144 mkii is a weird stupid thing but my digitech RP 355 can keep the pace.

Jarno

Post by Jarno »

Mondriaan wrote:I am also a scubadiver
You're a scuba diver and have no time to learn how to use your tools? Man ... that's a DEADLY combination!
Cubase 8 Pro/7/4/SX1/VST3.7 | Waves Gold | Melodyne | PC i7-4770/8G/2xSSD/Win7 64 | MacMini | Frontier Tranzport
Tascam DM-4800 | Soundcraft Spirit Studio 16 | dbx231 | Genelec 1032A | KEF C15 | Auratone 5S | Samson S-phone
Yamaha REV500/SPX990 | Alesis Midiverb4 | Roland SDE-330 | Pearl Echo Orbit | Aphex 109 x2 | TL-Audio C5021
Alesis 3630 | AudioLogic MT66 | Joemeek VC1Q | dbx386 | Focusrite VoiceMaster | Line6 PodXt/BassPodXt | Boss GT-3
Roland TD8/TD5/JV2080/SC55 | UseAudio Plugiator | E-mu ProteusXR | Akai S-900/AX73 | M-Audio Keystation
Martin/Taylor/Ortega/ESP/Fender/Line6 guitars/basses | Pearl/Olympic by Premier drumkits | Custom Roland V-drum kit
AKG D112/CK77 | Calrec CM1050C | Earthworks QTC30 | EV RE20/Spherex920 | Neumann M147 | Pearl CR57
Peavey PVM45 | RØDE NT2/NT55 | Sennheiser MD441/MD421/e606 | Shure SM7/SM57/SM58/BETA57/BETA58 ...
... Saeco Odea Giro Espresso machine | BMW Z3 roadster | American Pit Bull Terrier

Mondriaan

Post by Mondriaan »

Ah Mister Tascam, I hope you still have time to do other things than posting on forum sites.

Scab Pickens

Post by Scab Pickens »

Mondriaan wrote:Ah Mister Tascam, I hope you still have time to do other things than posting on forum sites.
If I'm "Mister Tascam", I appreciate your concern.

Yes, for example I just pulled up a Cubase project which I recorded some vocals for yesterday. I thought I'd do some tweaking with fresh ears.

How about yourself?

Did you ever find any time to RTFM?

As far as my posting on this forum, the majority of my posts seem to help people who are having difficulties. Is there something wrong with that?
Windows 10 | Cubase Pro 10.5 | WaveLab Elements 8 | Dorico 3 SE | Focusrite Pro 40

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”