Make "bigger" pitchbends and make pitchbends on audio?

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
Skar

Make "bigger" pitchbends and make pitchbends on audio?

Post by Skar » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi!

I've been tweaking abit with pitchbends on VSTi and the pitchbends are limited within Cubase. Is there any way to get "beyond" this limitation? Say I want to pitchbend my VSTi 2 octaves down and up, is there any way to do that within Cubase? If not, what way do you recommend?

Secondly, is there any good way to pitchbend audio (sampling or not)?

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Re: Make "bigger" pitchbends and make pitchbends on audio?

Post by thinkingcap » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Skar wrote:and the pitchbends are limited within Cubase.
The pitchbend range is determined by the used instrument
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

Skar

Post by Skar » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:56 pm

thinkingcap wrote:
Skar wrote:and the pitchbends are limited within Cubase.
The pitchbend range is determined by the used instrument
But the pitchbend-automation just allows a certain amount of pitching. You mean that the way the VST is programmed has an impact on how much the pitchbend-automation actually pitchbends?

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Skar wrote:But the pitchbend-automation just allows a certain amount of pitching. You mean that the way the VST is programmed has an impact on how much the pitchbend-automation actually pitchbends?
What I mean is, that pitchbend is a MIDI channel message, specified in the general MIDI specification as 14 Bit message (therefore containig 16384 different discrete values).
Look at the Cubase pitchbend controller lane, and you´ll find +8191 highest value / 0 no pitchbend / -8192 lowest value =total 16384 possible values.
If +8191 means "pitch one semitone" or "pitch 10 octaves" depends on your receiving MIDI instruments and can be determined (if available) in its pitchbend range.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

Skar

Post by Skar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Thanks! That makes sense. =)

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”