Cubase 6.5 double clicking on track names to rename

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
camarimusic

Cubase 6.5 double clicking on track names to rename

Post by camarimusic »

I realized in Cubase 6 from time to time I would double click on track names to change the name and Cubase would refuse to allow me to do so. Also when double clicking on Audio waveforms to go into the edit view for audio warp etc. I would make several clicks without any progress. I am running Windows 7 64bit Cubase 6.5 and I have a quad core intel machine with 8GB of Ram. I use jbridge1.4 for vstis. I really think that this problem should be looked at. I should not be having issues with renaming a track or editing audio.
YOu can do it

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Cubase 6.5 double clicking on track names to rename

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hello,

This is second "double-click issue" on Windows (the second one is on Windows XP, I think) in two days. Seriously, maybye, there IS problem in the Cubase. The second user says, this issue is in one project only. Did you try this on more then one project, please?

Best,
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

camarimusic

Post by camarimusic »

Yes it is in more than one project and now I'm on a deadline and the audio editor which I use for variaudio just refuses to open so I can do pitch correction. This is frustrating because this is the most basic function but I guess I have to go back to melodyne
YOu can do it

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hello,

I´m not on the computer with Cubsae, now. But I think, you can open the audio editor from menu too, don´t you?

Best,
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

LeVzi

Post by LeVzi »

This is a problem I referred to with "Sluggish GUI" I assumed it was the new GUI introduced in Cubase 6 causing the double click problem.

But I also referred to trying to type in from the keyboard was very unresponsive, takes a few keypresses to get it to register.

I over came the double click issue with my mouse, it has side buttons with which I created a macro for opening Key editor and sample editor.

I havent gone to 6.5 but this problem was present in 6.0.5
AMD FX 8350 4Ghz , 16Gb DDR3 RAM, 1x1TB SSD, 1x1TB HDD 1x500gb HDD. Sapphire RX 560 4Gb Graphics, Audient ID 14 USB Interface, Alesis Q49 Keyboard. Cubase 10 Pro

Jeff Hayat

Post by Jeff Hayat »

FYI, there is no such issue here, in C5, Windows 7 64bit.

Cheers.

LeVzi

Post by LeVzi »

Yeah this problem only started with Cubase 6. I was at 5 and it was ok.
AMD FX 8350 4Ghz , 16Gb DDR3 RAM, 1x1TB SSD, 1x1TB HDD 1x500gb HDD. Sapphire RX 560 4Gb Graphics, Audient ID 14 USB Interface, Alesis Q49 Keyboard. Cubase 10 Pro

Post by Guest »

It is the OS, not cubase.

Jeff Hayat

Post by Jeff Hayat »

cubasepadawan wrote:It is the OS, not cubase.

If it's the OS, howcome it happens in v6, but doesn't happen in v5 with the same OS?

Post by Guest »

Jeff Hayat wrote:If it's the OS, howcome it happens in v6, but doesn't happen in v5 with the same OS?
Because the UI of C6 is more complex.

Jeff Hayat

Post by Jeff Hayat »

cubasepadawan wrote:
Jeff Hayat wrote:If it's the OS, howcome it happens in v6, but doesn't happen in v5 with the same OS?
Umm, no.

NYC Composer

Post by NYC Composer »

Jeff Hayat wrote:
cubasepadawan wrote:
Umm, no.
If you go back and forth with clowns, you will soon end up with a rubber nose and huge feet. Just sayin'.
Regards, L.J.

Cubase 10.5.12, 2019 iMac i9 8 core@3.6khz, OS 10.14.6, 72 GB RAM, scads of SSDs, Babyface Pro, OWC 4 bay Thunderbolt 3 enclosure, too many sample libraries, 90s American Series Strat, Taylor and Martin acoustics, Mexican Fender Precision.

Jeff Hayat

Post by Jeff Hayat »

NYC Composer wrote:If you go back and forth with clowns, you will soon end up with a rubber nose and huge feet. Just sayin'.
LOL

camarimusic

Post by camarimusic »

Thanks so much. You're right Cubase 5 did not have these issues. I just want them to fix it. I'm using Enter to use the sample editor now
YOu can do it

Post by Guest »

No problem on Vista.

Graphics hardware issue perhaps?

jose7822

Post by jose7822 »

I'm not on Cubase 6.5 yet, but since a couple of you mentioned that the issue started with version 6 then I have to say that that hasn't been the case for me. I'm on Cubase 6.0.5 and Windows 7 Pro SP1. Double-clicking both to rename tracks and to go into the Sample Editor have not been a problem for me. It could be a graphical hardware issue for all we know.
GIGABYTE X99 Designare EX | Intel Core i7 6800K (OC'ed to 4.2 GHz) | 64GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum (3333 MHz) | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | Corsair H115i Water Cooler | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200 Watt PSU | Windows 10 Pro | Cubase Pro 10.0.40 64 bit | Studio One v4.5.3 | Dorico 3 | Lynx Aurora (n) 8TB | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad

LeVzi

Post by LeVzi »

The key editor or sample editor will open with a double click, in a relitively empty project, but the further you go with it, eventually you'll be double clicking 8 or 9 times before the damn thing will open.

Post by Guest »

LeVzi wrote:The key editor or sample editor will open with a double click, in a relitively empty project, but the further you go with it, eventually you'll be double clicking 8 or 9 times before the damn thing will open.
OS bottlenecks will cause that.

LeVzi

Post by LeVzi »

Cubase 5 never suffered with this problem with similarly heavy projects, it's a 6 bug.

Post by Guest »

LeVzi wrote:Cubase 5 never suffered with this problem with similarly heavy projects, it's a 6 bug.
I'm using Vista with no issues on 6.0.5.

If the update comes out before my trial ends, that will be the test as maybe 6.5 does not contain all the necessary compatibility enhancements required for proper interaction with the underlying Operating System.

gewy0408

Post by gewy0408 »

I have the same problem since CB6.There are projects where the double click works and others where it won't. I'm working with CB 6.5 on winxp sp4 32-bit and win7 sp1 64-bit. If it works or not depends on the project, not the OS.

Post by Guest »

gewy0408 wrote:I have the same problem since CB6.There are projects where the double click works and others where it won't. I'm working with CB 6.5 on winxp sp4 32-bit and win7 sp1 64-bit. If it works or not depends on the project, not the OS.
You could try the unsupported 6.5.1 patch or wait until a formal patch is released.

mr.roos

Post by mr.roos »

I am running 6.5.1 and have no problem double clicking on a track and changing it's name. I did not try this with 6.5. I really hope this is not an OS problem because I am moving up to Win7 come April, but you can see that I am running XPSP3.
Cubase 11 Pro from SX3, WaveLab Pro 10, Groove Agent 5, iC Pro remote app, Win10 64-bit (2004 update installed - latest OS build always), Intel i7 8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2GHz, 32G DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Z390 Designare MB, Radeon RX570 Graphics card, Mackie 1640i (FireWire via TI chipset PCI-E card), 1K iRig Pads, StudioLogic Numa Compact 2X 88-Key, and Roland FP-30.

camarimusic

Post by camarimusic »

It does seem dependent on the project even after the 6.5.1 update one minute it will work the other it won't. I run very heavy projects and if the writing is on the wall I guess I will have to purchase a more powerful computer.
YOu can do it

kamalski

Post by kamalski »

dbl click 6.0=o.k.
from 6.5 on same problem: dbl click to open editors and edit values direct
so my best "guess": it's C6.5 not Win7/64
also: PLEASE fix it soon as 6.5 cpr's are not running on 6.0!
http://www.artofaudio.com.au
PC: AAVIM TECHNOLOGY PXS 6K
OS: Win10 64bit (update blocked!)/ MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7/ CPU: Intel i7 6850K - 3.6 GHz/
RAM: 32 GB PC4 21300 Quad-Channel DDR4/ GrFx: NVIDIA Quadro NVS
monitor: 2x SONY Bravia 42"/ 2x UAD-2 OCTO DSP card/ RME Fireface UFX

Return to “Older Cubase versions”