Cubase Pro 10 + Steinberg UR22C soundcard: useful features

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
Zonegy

Cubase Pro 10 + Steinberg UR22C soundcard: useful features

Post by Zonegy »

Hello everyone!

I’m a proud owner of Cubase Pro 10 (and Cubasis 2). Now I’m going to buy a new soundcard and I think that UR22C will be a good choice.

But I didn’t find in tutorials and descriptions what useful features will appear in my work when Cubase and UR22C (or any other Steinberg card) will connect together. What will be the profit? Low latency? No system crashes? Any special features in Cubase (and Cubasis)?

Please let me know if someone knows the answer - practically or teoretically!

With best wishes, Z 8-)

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Cubase Pro 10 + Steinberg UR22C soundcard: useful features

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi and welcome,

The 1st think, what I really like on Steinbergs' Audio Devices is the driver stability. In my experience, it's not always the case for other manufacturers.

Moreover, there is a unique connection between the hardware and Cubase. You can make lots of settings directly in Cubase. If you would use internal UR22C DSP unit, you can set all the effects directly in Cubase. So you don't have to go to the Audio Devices' Control Panel (or Mix or whatever) and do the settings there.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

ca-booter

Post by ca-booter »

You also can take a look at the seperate URC forum at "English forums/Steinbergs hardware".
PC ASUS i7-2600 3,4Ghz |Win10-Pro 20H2 SSD | 16Gb DDR3 | ASUS R5 230 graphics | Cubase Pro 11, user since Atari | Wavelab 10 EL | Absolute 3 | TT-SuperiorDrummer3 | TT-EZ Bass | Yamaha N12 FW | Steinberg UR816C+Behringer ADA8200 | Behringer X-Touch One | M-Audio Axiom-61 | Fishman TriplePlay | Lexicon MX200, Strymon Volante, Art Pro VLA II, Art Pro Channel II and Klark Teknik: KT-2A, 1176-KT, 4*EQP-KT

Zonegy

Post by Zonegy »

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:35 am
Hi and welcome,

The 1st think, what I really like on Steinbergs' Audio Devices is the driver stability. In my experience, it's not always the case for other manufacturers.

Moreover, there is a unique connection between the hardware and Cubase. You can make lots of settings directly in Cubase. If you would use internal UR22C DSP unit, you can set all the effects directly in Cubase. So you don't have to go to the Audio Devices' Control Panel (or Mix or whatever) and do the settings there.
Thank you for answering! I'm also thinking about buying UR-RT2 soundcard but it twice more expensive.

Zonegy

Post by Zonegy »

ca-booter wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:42 am
You also can take a look at the seperate URC forum at "English forums/Steinbergs hardware".
Thanks for advise, I will ask there also :!:

Return to “General”