Cannot open Dorico 3.1

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
rosindabow

Cannot open Dorico 3.1

Post by rosindabow »

Trying to open Dorico 3,1 on my Mac Pro (mid 2012) and the eLicenser keeps saying it's not working. It has my correct USB-eLicenser listed. I have double and triple checked everything. I shut down the computer and restarted it and it just crashes every time I try to open up Dorico. Not sure how to even troubleshoot this. Any ideas? Thanks! Now I'm also getting this other eLicenser error. I tried to "Recover" in the eLicenser Control Center and it say everything is okay. What is this "LCC2" application?
Attachments
eLicenser Dorico Elements error.png
(47.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
eLicenser Control Error Application.png
(43.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
eLicenser Contol - Error.png
(64.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by rosindabow on Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) 2 x 3.06 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 80GB memory. Tons of software. Running mostly Digital Performer, Pro Tools, Dorico; Spitfire, VSL, Dangerous Music, etc ...

rosindabow

Re: Cannot open Dorico 3.1

Post by rosindabow »

/Users/rossnewmacpro/Desktop/eLicenser Dorio error.png
/Users/rossnewmacpro/Desktop/eLicenser Dorico Elements error.png
/Users/rossnewmacpro/Desktop/eLicenser failed to send getInfo error.png
/Users/rossnewmacpro/Desktop/eLicenser VST Audio Engine 2,0 error.png
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) 2 x 3.06 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 80GB memory. Tons of software. Running mostly Digital Performer, Pro Tools, Dorico; Spitfire, VSL, Dangerous Music, etc ...

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Just uninstalled then reinstalled eLicenser - no change.

dankreider
Grand Senior Member

Post by dankreider »

Have you tried running the maintenance on the eLicenser?
Dan Kreider
hymnworks.com
Dorico 3, Windows 10

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Yes - I've run the maintenance at least three times - no change.

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

eLicenser Dorico Elements error.png
(47.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
eLicenser failed to send getInfo error.png
(49.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
eLicenser VST Audio Engine 2,0 error.png
(51.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Ulf
Steinberg Employee

Post by Ulf »

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your trouble.
Please quit all applications and then run the eLicenser Control Center. Leave that open and run ActivityMonitor, in the list of processes, do you find a process called Synsopos?
If not, that's the problem then. If on the other hand it is there, leave the eLicenser Control Center running and launch Dorico. What is happening then, still the same errors? What with the Sysnsopos process, is it still running?
Steinberg employee

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Synsopos was running but when I opened up Dorico, it seemed to disappear. And then all the error messages returned including one I hadn't noticed before about "Dorico LE 3 Has caused the following error: Application not registered." What can I do?

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

I was looking for a simple way to uninstall Dorico and then re-install it. Is the possible?

Ulf
Steinberg Employee

Post by Ulf »

Yes, there is, simply drag /Applications/Dorico3 into the trash can, but that is not your problem. Please open the eLicenser Control Center and from the main menu choose Support > Create Support File. The resulting output file attach here. If it doesn't let you, simply rename the ending of the file to '.zip', then it will get accepted.
Steinberg employee

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

I tried doingA complete install - NO CHANGE. eLicenser seems to flash every time a Dorico error message appears. Also, now it opens up Halion SONIC SE3 which as far as I know, I do not own ... this is a mess!

Ulf
Steinberg Employee

Post by Ulf »

HALion Sonic SE comes together with Dorico, it's the standard instrument of Dorico.
Please create the support file of the eLC as described before. Thanks
Steinberg employee

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

I trashed all the Halion SONIC SE3 I could find - still not working.

Ulf
Steinberg Employee

Post by Ulf »

Neither HALion Sonic or Dorico are the problem, it's the Synsopos, a process of the eLicenser protection system. Therefore, please run the eLicenser Control Center and create the support file as described before. Without that we can't help you.
Steinberg employee

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Been at work all day. Here's the file you requested.I hope that it helps. Thanks very much.
eLC Support File.txt.gz
(62.86 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Ulf
Steinberg Employee

Post by Ulf »

Thanks for the data. I will hand it on and come back later, please be patient.
Steinberg employee

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Thank You. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. Much appreciated!

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

I received an email from Steinberg Cases with a link to install the latest version of eLicenser - this did nothing at all. Should I uninstall everything and begin from scratch? Is there an easy method to uninstall Dorico? I know that there's an uninstaller for eLicenser but I cannot find one for Dorico.

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

I trashed Dorico 3, uninstalled eLicenser - both before and after re-installing Dorcio 3... no change, same error messages. I'm at a complete standstill - I have no clue as to what to do next ... is anyone else out there having this issue?

Ulf
Steinberg Employee

Post by Ulf »

I personally am completely out of steam. I will raise the issue again internally here at Steinberg. I can't recall, but I think we never had a case where Dorico would not work at all.
Steinberg employee

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Is there a complete list of every file, every thread, every component of Dorico that I can remove so I can do an absolutely fresh install?

Ulf
Steinberg Employee

Post by Ulf »

I'm pretty sure you are desperate getting Dorico going, but trust me, it has nothing to do with the Dorico installation. You could reinstall it from scratch many times, always with the same result. It's the eLicenser software that is playing stupid on your machine. I even assume that it is a hardware issue, because we have thousands of customers without such problems.
Also, you say you have the license on a USB-eLicenser. I guess you have the newer type, about 3.5mm long, and not the older, 5mm long version, is that correct?

Please wait a little, as I said, I raised the issue again here at Steinberg, maybe we find someone who can help you.
Steinberg employee

Daniel at Steinberg

Post by Daniel at Steinberg »

In the meantime I will try sending you a time-limited activation code that you can try adding to the Soft-eLicenser on your system so you can take the USB-eLicenser out of the equation for the time being, but there is absolutely no guarantee that this will change anything, unfortunately. However, it's worth a try.

Ed Doll
Site Admin

Post by Ed Doll »

I have provided a different eLC installer via private message. Maybe this helps addressing the issue.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud!

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Ulf wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:25 am

Also, you say you have the license on a USB-eLicenser. I guess you have the newer type, about 3.5mm long, and not the older, 5mm long version, is that correct?
Actually, I believe I have the older version ... I'll order a new one immediately. I have a ton of Vienna Symphony libraries on this key as well. Will the newer one support this as well? Last question, can I buy these on Amazon or Guitar Center or do they have to come direct from Steinberg? Thanks!

Return to “Dorico”