Repeat and Splice

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
Ed Shearmur

Repeat and Splice

Post by Ed Shearmur » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:06 pm

HI All - I'm sure this feature is to be found somewhere in Cubase but I haven't found it yet so I'm hoping someone can help me. All I want to do is select a region, repeat it (any number of times) and splice the resulting repeats into my track rather than pasting them over existing material. In DP (from which I'm migrating) this is an option in the Repeat dialogue window. I'm wondering if I have to create a macro to achieve this?

The DP options give great flexibility in how the data is handled. From what I can tell, Cubase only merges the repeated data with anything that might lie in its way....

Any thoughts?
DP Repeat.png
(15.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet

GlennO

Re: Repeat and Splice

Post by GlennO » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:58 pm

I've always liked that feature in DP. Hopefully Steinberg will implement it. In the meantime, I typically make my selection, copy, P (to move the locators to the range of my selection), keypad 1 to move the cursor to the selection start, Edit->Range->Insert Silence, paste. Not as good as DP's splice paste of course, but it's the closest I've been able to get to it.
Cubase 10, MacOS 10.13, Avid Artist Mix

Ed Shearmur

Post by Ed Shearmur » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:09 pm

Thanks for the tip (and the prompt response!). Works well for a single repeat and is very macro-able. How would you approach multiple repeats of the same material?

GlennO

Post by GlennO » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:16 pm

Sorry, aside from the obvious: do the "Insert Silence, paste" steps as many times as you need, I don't have any bright ideas on how to do it.

Anyway, +1 for this feature request.

Ed Shearmur

Post by Ed Shearmur » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:40 pm

Here's the macro if anyone is interested
REPEAT AND SPLICE.png
(10.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Ed Shearmur

Post by Ed Shearmur » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:12 pm

Thanks GlennO - Now trying to replicate Snip. Obviously Cut time does this, but I'm trying to finesse it with a macro that heals heals the separation automatically. Is there a way to trigger to glue tool without having to do it manually?

GlennO

Post by GlennO » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:18 am

Sorry, I don't know. I guess my snips are usually on event boundaries, so I haven't had the need to do any gluing.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”