Cubase 5 Mac and Venom Synth multitrack possible?

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
SHIVER

Cubase 5 Mac and Venom Synth multitrack possible?

Post by SHIVER » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Does anyone who use Cubase 5 Mac ( newest version ) and have a VENOM Keyboard know if recording and playback of different sounds via MIDI on different tracks is possible and if so how?

I've been recording 1 track at a time as Audio and it's very time consuming especially when editing is needed.
I can live with it, but if it's possible to multitrack different sounds via MIDI it would make work go so much faster.

thanks

Re: Cubase 5 Mac and Venom Synth multitrack possible?

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:46 pm

For audio, you're limited by the physical audio outs of the keyboard and the physical ins of your soundcard.

SHIVER

Post by SHIVER » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Thanks I'm using audio but need to know in the MIDI aspects only of multi tracking this with Cubase 5
thanks

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:56 pm

SHIVER wrote:Thanks I'm using audio but need to know in the MIDI aspects only of multi tracking this with Cubase 5
thanks
But MIDI is not audio, and if you want to multitrack audio, it depends like mashedmitten already said on your interface ins. Other than that you can of course record 16 MIDI channels into cubase, if your Keyboard allows it. So check its manual.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Post by Strophoid » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:11 pm

It looks like you should have a good read about what midi really is, you can't record your venom using midi. At least not in the sense that you have in mind ;)

See here for instance.
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

SHIVER

Post by SHIVER » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:04 pm

The manual it came with and info on the site doesn't show anything, the FAQ doesn't even work in 3 different browsers I tried, and based on it's price I can only assume it doesn't have the ability to assign different MIDI channels to different sounds

I usually say SOUND these days, because that's what it is to me, but in fact I mean Patch or Program would be the better terms.

I'M CONFUSING EVERYONE!

I'm talking about RECORDING MIDI DATA onto a track, and if the keyboard has the ability to assign different patches/programs to different MIDI channels.

I'd like to hear from someone who OWNS AND USES a Venom if possible for a clear yes or no if it can do this or not.

No one at M-AUDIO has responded....

thanks!

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:58 pm

SHIVER wrote:I'M CONFUSING EVERYONE!
SHIVER wrote:I've been recording 1 track at a time as Audio and it's very time consuming
SHIVER wrote:I'm talking about RECORDING MIDI DATA onto a track, and if the keyboard has the ability to assign different patches/programs to different MIDI channels.
Wonder why? :roll:

SHIVER

Post by SHIVER » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:26 pm

If you read my first post I mentioned AUDIO as my current method since it's all I have.

Forget it, I'm just getting semantics, I'll look elsewhere
thanks anyway guys
peace

Return to “Older Cubase versions”