Double-click on notes in Key Editor

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
mhak

Double-click on notes in Key Editor

Post by mhak » Sat May 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi,

I want to delete notes by double cliking them, but it pop up note expression. I find this annoying. How I can disable it? If I cannot, can Steinberg please add option for this? Thanks!

vanhaze3000

Re: Double-click on notes in Key Editor

Post by vanhaze3000 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:06 pm

In Key Editor, it's not possible to delete a Note with a double click on it, with any Tool at all.
And you can't disable the "double click opens note expression" behaviour.

I too miss the feature that Object Selection Tool or Draw Tool can delete Notes by a double click.
Or by a single click while holding down some modifier keys, for example SHIFT+ALT.

Too bad there isn't a Cubase Feature Request section here on the forum (AFAIK).

Kind Regards
Macbook Retina 2015 * OSX Mojave 10.14 (always latest version) * UA Apollo Twin Thunderbolt * Cubase 10 Pro (latest version) * Maschine Studio2 * Novation Impulse * Lots and lots of legal plugins.

mhak

Post by mhak » Sat May 18, 2019 7:25 pm

vanhaze3000 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:06 pm
In Key Editor, it's not possible to delete a Note with a double click on it, with any Tool at all.
And you can't disable the "double click opens note expression" behaviour.

I too miss the feature that Object Selection Tool or Draw Tool can delete Notes by a double click.
Or by a single click while holding down some modifier keys, for example SHIFT+ALT.

Too bad there isn't a Cubase Feature Request section here on the forum (AFAIK).

Kind Regards
Hi,

there is Feature Request section. I just made topic here: viewtopic.php?f=285&t=160629#p860359

I just found out (new Cubase user) that I cannot even delete automation points on double clicking them... Jesus.. :roll:

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Sat May 18, 2019 9:40 pm

It works that way in the drum editor - be sure to turn on Show Note Length.

Also, in the Key Editor you can delete using a single click with the eraser tool- also, you can hold down the opt/alt modifier, and it deletes the following notes in that midi part. The eraser tool also allows you to select a group of notes, contiguous or not, to then delete with another click. It totally depends on the kind of music you write which method works for you.

Personally, I would never want double clicking to delete anything, because that's not what I'm used to, just as you find it eye-roll-worthy that Cubase doesn't do it.

We all love our work flow.
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | k-mix audio interface
hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

vanhaze3000

Post by vanhaze3000 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:44 am

Hi steve and thank you for your input.

I wasn't aware of the fact that "double clicking Note = delete Note" works in Drum Editor.(I am not that experienced with Drum Editor).
Even faster for me in Drum Editor: holding down ALT key while clicking on Note deletes that note, or, holding down ALT while keeping leftmouse
button pressed and then mousedragging over Notes will delete those notes.

Personally, and i assume the same goes for OP, i don't like having to switch to Eraser Tool to delete Notes.
It's cumbersome and slower workflow IMO.
Although i agree with you the Eraser Tool has its benefits when you want to delete multiple Notes at once.

Kind Regards.
Macbook Retina 2015 * OSX Mojave 10.14 (always latest version) * UA Apollo Twin Thunderbolt * Cubase 10 Pro (latest version) * Maschine Studio2 * Novation Impulse * Lots and lots of legal plugins.

Return to “General”