Automation with controller

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
miul

Automation with controller

Post by miul »

Is there any good video explaining decently and in details how to use automation in cubase with controllers?
I've used all daws in my life but I've never seen anything similar like there is cubase.

You perform the automation, so a curve gets written, sometimes is editable sometime is not (why?). But, when you edit it, it creates above some uncontrollable nodes....I really cannot get it.

Nickeldome

Re: Automation with controller

Post by Nickeldome »

Cubase Pro - Wavelab Pro (always latest version) Windows 10 Pro 64bit / Asus TUF Mark 1 X299 / i9-7900X (at 4.3 GHZ) / 64GB RAM / Geforce GTX 1060 6G / System drive Samsung M.2 1TB 960Pro / Kontakt drives 3 x 1TB Samsung Evo / Project/Audio/Archive drive 10TB Seagate Ironwolf - Audio interface: Roland UA-1610 / External gear: Kawai MP11 / Kurzweil PC88 / Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 / Roland JV1080 / Roland D50 / Korg 01/W / Elka EK22 – Midi controllers: Roli Seabord Rise 49, SoundQuest 8port-SE / Nektar Panorama P1 / Roland Octopad II / Akai MPD18 - Main VST's: Kontakt 6 / Padshop Pro / Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.6, Trillian & Keyscape / Arturia V-collection / FXpansion BFD 3 / Toontrack Superior Drummer 3
All time user of Cubase since Atari V2 (around 1990)

miul

Post by miul »

Nickeldome wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:13 pm
Start here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPUn-kn-bcA

And some older stuff that might be helpful?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3faopB ... mm_CCwsx4o
Thank you for the advice, really. Although, none of them give a solution to my problem, as I guess, there must have been some big bizarre changes in 10.

As I said, the written curve, sometimes results not editable and If I intervene with the line tool is going to change completely the curve and volume working in a sort of incomprehensible trimmer. If I tried with the selector tool sometimes I can modify in the same bizarre fashion, but some other cannot.

If we add the incredible touch that behaves as latch...

I'm not encouraging anyone to change daw, you will find obscenities like this one is any of them. I can tell.

Besides, I hope this is just due to my being a novice here.
Unfortunately, I have to say that cubase is probably the least featured daw on youtube and the forum is pretty unresponsive (compared to others)

miul

Post by miul »

....very unresponsive

Return to “General”