Time display should not be universal across projects

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
Zoberflote

Time display should not be universal across projects

Post by Zoberflote » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:54 pm

Steinberg,

Please try and include an option to save time display settings with each project. Currently the time display settings (for the ruler at the top of the project window) are saved ACROSS projects.

For example, if you change the time display in project A to Bars+Beats and then open project B that was previously set to Seconds, project B will open using Bars+Beats...very frustrating because each time I open a different project I have to check and make sure the time display is set correctly.

Thank you,

Zoberflote

Zoberflote

Re: Time display should not be universal across projects

Post by Zoberflote » Sun May 05, 2019 7:09 pm

Still struggling with this...please consider this in the next Cubase update.

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Mon May 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Zoberflote wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:54 pm
Steinberg,

Please try and include an option to save time display settings with each project. Currently the time display settings (for the ruler at the top of the project window) are saved ACROSS projects.

For example, if you change the time display in project A to Bars+Beats and then open project B that was previously set to Seconds, project B will open using Bars+Beats...very frustrating because each time I open a different project I have to check and make sure the time display is set correctly.

Thank you,

Zoberflote
+1, yes.

One of the many things that should be project-based instead of universal across project -- results in even more clicks, which Cubase needs far less of, not more of.
Cubase 9.5, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, Mojave 10.14.5, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 64 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

Zoberflote

Post by Zoberflote » Mon May 06, 2019 10:12 pm

A related suggestion is to have an option to link the time display settings for the Project zone and Lower zone.

Currently, if you want to change the time display in both zones you have to do each one manually. Why not just have them linked? Please consider this option in a future update.

Thanks,

Zoberflote

Zoberflote

Post by Zoberflote » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:58 pm

Steinberg,

Still struggling with this. Why does it even save time DIVISIONS across projects??? i.e. 1/16 triplets.

Today I opened a project and had spend several minutes wondering why everything looked off...it saved my bar divisions from a completely different project!

Please consider including an OPTION to save time display as well as bar divisions locally and not universally across projects.

Thanks again,

Zoberflote

Zoberflote

Post by Zoberflote » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Still not sure why time display is constant across projects...what if I have one project that uses bars+beats and a different one that uses seconds?
I have to change the time display every time I open a project...once again please consider making this optional.

jordikt

Post by jordikt » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:17 pm

+1

Tj99

Post by Tj99 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:48 pm

+1
Recording - Mixing - Mastering

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:25 am

+1

MANY things need to be saved in individual projects that inexplicably aren't.
Cubase 9.5, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, Mojave 10.14.5, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 64 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”