Support is too slow

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
Jazman2k

Support is too slow

Post by Jazman2k » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:03 pm

Xfer Serum, support from the dev in 1-2 days. Pluginboutigue, support in 1-2 days. Soundspot, support in 1-2 days. Cytomic, reply in 1-2 days Steinberg, support reply in 1-2 weeks, that is just way too slow.

I really hope you people at Steinberg would answer faster to support requests. DAW is the major thing when producing music. I can live with VST not working correctly, but when my DAW is acting up, i really want fast support and no, REINSTALLING everything is not the answer I need. I can do that myself.

toader

Re: Support is too slow

Post by toader » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:22 pm

Just curious... What do you need? When I've had trouble with Cubase over the years, I don't think I have EVER - not even one time called support for help with a problem. The only time I've called them is about purchases, etc. I've always been able to either:

1) Figure it out myself using the manual
OR
2) Search the forum here and/or start a new thread about my issue...

So what's your question? Maybe someone on the forum here can help.
Computer 1: Cubase 10.0.15, RME HDSPe AES (x2), RME HDSPe AIO (x1), Nvidia NVS 510 video card, Dell T7500 workstation with Intel Xeon X5690 (6 cores with hyperthreading) 3.47gHz, 24GB RAM, UAD-2 Quad, Windows 10 64-bit
Computer 2: Wavelab 9.5.40, RME HDSPe AIO, AMD Radeon RX 480 video, Dell XPS 8720 with Intel I7-7700 CPU (4 cores with hyperthreading) 3.6gHz, 24GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit

Todd Loomis @ https://noiseradiationstudios.com

cubace

Post by cubace » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:51 am

They only have a first line support, and they seems not to know what a daw is about. They can help you to reset things to factory, the maybe also can help you to disable third party stuff. But the cant really "fix" cubase. At the moment they probably have millions of people with very simple installation issues so you will be on queue. It would be nice to be Hans Zimmer's personal cubase technician when you have to dealt with Steinberg.

planarchist

Post by planarchist » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:43 am

Regardless of whether there should be better Steinberg supplied support you'll nearly always get better and faster answers here. So, as toder said, what's the issue?
Nic

Cubase Pro 10.5, Abs.Collec.3, i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 32 Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, RME Digiface, Behringer ADA8200, S'berg Midex 8.
Cubase Pro 10.5. Abs.Collec.3, i7 920 2.67Ghz , 24Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit , Steinberg CI2+.

Cubase Elements 9.40 on Windows 10 Laptop, i7-2760QM 8Gig RAM, Sonic Port VX.
Cubasis 2.5 iPad Mini 4 64GB

Jazman2k

Post by Jazman2k » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:04 pm

planarchist wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:43 am
Regardless of whether there should be better Steinberg supplied support you'll nearly always get better and faster answers here. So, as toder said, what's the issue?
No issues anymore, I solved it myself by re-installing everything. But I just got a reply from the support to a ticket a left weeks ago. I know bit about computers (thankfully), but what my concern is that, I wish they could answer more quickly if and when you have an issue. I know I can post stuff in the forums too, but I cannot wait days to see if someone answers my question in forum or not when my DAW is not working properly.

I understand Steinberg has lots of customers, but I think when it is about the core program that has to be working 100%, week is too slow response time if you have major issues.I can live with a VST not working properly, since I can still keep on working with a track, but when DAW is not working right, I cannot do anything. Everything works fine now, and I really like Cubase 10.

But just as a improvement in the future :)

urbandj

Post by urbandj » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Hold your horses :) they will reply they just need sometime and they also working on other matters, for the mean-time this forum has a lot of expert that has your back they will give solution / recommendation according to the problem.

Return to “General”