Routing in Cubase AI4.5

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
lesliev

Routing in Cubase AI4.5

Post by lesliev »

I have been wondering why I cant see a wider selection of buses in the input and output sections of an audio track as I would like to route to them. I have set up additional busses in VST Connections. I have seen videos showing how to do it but I think thay are using Cubase 4.1 not Cubase AI4.5 as I have. Is it possible to use internal routing of tracks in Cubase AI4.5? If not what is the best way to convert a midi track to an audio track after I have associated it with a virtual instrument using Halion.
All this is quite new to me so hope I am asking real questions??
Thanks for any help I can get.

Split
Grand Senior Member

Re: Routing in Cubase AI4.5

Post by Split »

I don't think you can route the way you want in AI, so you could just solo your instrument track and export, checking import to project and pool (or whatever).
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

lesliev

Re: Routing in Cubase AI4.5

Post by lesliev »

Thank Split, I played with the settings again over the weekend and I have found that you are correct as far as I can tell. I got the Cubase AI4 with a Yamaha MW8CX mixer I purchased so am really on a steep learning curve and not quite ready to upgrade to Cubase 4,5,6?? (($$$$)) which I gather will allow the routing I would like. Still exporting and reimporting works OK. I have read something about routing to a group then routing the group to an audio track but cant work that one out yet :-)
Cheers Les

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”