video and audio mixdown

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
gio

video and audio mixdown

Post by gio » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:38 am

I have imported a video to my project and now i want to export the project with the audio and video together as one for you tube. i cant seem to figure out how to do this. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance
cubase 5.1.1 firestudio project . Windows vista home premium. HP a6700f. 6.00 gb ram. 64 bit operating system. AMD phenom 9150e quad-core processor 1.80 GHz

Tuchwood

Re: video and audio mixdown

Post by Tuchwood » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:36 am

Hi

I was tinkering with this just recently and I believe the only way is to use the "Replace Audio In Video File.."
command found in the main File Menu.

This works "outside" of Cubase if that makes sense...you don't need to have an active project open.

To be on the safe side, before starting this, make a duplicate of your original video file on your HD.
(Although cubase will make a copy of this copy anyway)

1. Be certain that the left locator is positioned exactly at the beginning of the Video file in your project,
otherwise the start times for the video & audio won't match after the replacement.
2. Solo the Audio track and export it to the desktop or wherever you want
3. Choose "Replace Audio In Video File..." command found in the main File Menu and select the duplicate video file you created...hit open.
4. A new window appears and you select the audio file you exported in step 2. HIt open and the process should proceed. Be patient, it takes a bit of time...

Hope that helps

Cheers
Tuch
| Cubase 6.5 | 21.5" iMac 3.6 GHz i5 8GB RAM | OS 10.9.5 | Focusrite Saffire |

matjones

Re: video and audio mixdown

Post by matjones » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:23 am

Tuchwood wrote:Hi

I was tinkering with this just recently and I believe the only way is to use the "Replace Audio In Video File.."
command found in the main File Menu.

This works "outside" of Cubase if that makes sense...you don't need to have an active project open.

To be on the safe side, before starting this, make a duplicate of your original video file on your HD.
(Although cubase will make a copy of this copy anyway)

1. Be certain that the left locator is positioned exactly at the beginning of the Video file in your project,
otherwise the start times for the video & audio won't match after the replacement.
2. Solo the Audio track and export it to the desktop or wherever you want
3. Choose "Replace Audio In Video File..." command found in the main File Menu and select the duplicate video file you created...hit open.
4. A new window appears and you select the audio file you exported in step 2. HIt open and the process should proceed. Be patient, it takes a bit of time...

Hope that helps

Cheers
Tuch

yep AFAIK this is the only way to do it... it's how i always do it...... unless you have a separate AV app like adobe premiere or sony vegas.
Cubase 10.0.40 Asus Z390-Plus, i9 9900 @ 3.7GHz, 64GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Asus RX 570, RME Multiface II PCIe, SSL Alpha Channel, UAD2 Octo/Solo/Quad, UA6176, Pod X3 Pro, Slate VCC/VTM/Trigger etc, SoundToys 5, Waves 10, HALion 6, The Grand 3, BFD3 (+ Expansions), WL9.5, Melodyne Studio 4, Arturia VC7, Relab LX480, iZotope MPS, Eventide XI, Various toys, Telefunken, Neumann, AKG,Sontronics, Shure Mics, Adam A7X and Avantone monitors, AKG K702, ATH-M70x, Nektar P6, Warwick, Spector Basses, Gibson Les Paul Studio & loads of other junk.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they're open.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”