Cubase Pro 9 basic conveniences

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Zmeey79

Cubase Pro 9 basic conveniences

Post by Zmeey79 »

Hi there.
I am a very old user (starting with the 3nd SX version).
Now I use several sequencers for my work (Reaper, Studio One 3.5) and I would like to ask you: do you even consider the wishes of your users? Or do you have a habit of listening to the opinion of your marketing team?
Is it difficult to steal only 3 things:
1. Render the file when you press Enter
2. Open the folder with the file you just saved
3. When rendering, show the signal level in the window to avoid clipping.
These simple innovations will greatly simplify the life of many users.
The end.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Cubase Pro 9 basic conveniences

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi and welcome (on the forum),

1) You can assign your own Key Command to any function. So you can assign Enter/Return to Render in Place.

2) I don't know, how it is on Windows. On Mac you can do this on the system level (any application can do this). Right-click to the file icon in the window header, and open it.

3) Enable Meters update in the Export Audio Mixdown window.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Zmeey79

Post by Zmeey79 »

Hello!
Thank you very much, but I mean:
1."Export Audio Mixdown when you press Enter",not Render,sorry.
2. Automaticly open folder with just exporting audio.
3.Where this function button enable? Or you mean Update Project Window?
Thank you.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

1) You can call the Export Audio Mixdown window by KeyCommand. But then you have to make the settings. So it's not possible to assign one Key Command, then just hit it and the whole export is done. This is not possible.

2) You mean open the folder in Finder/File Explorer after Mixdown? No, this is not possible. Maybe someone wrote a script for the Post Process.

3) I mean Update Display at the bottom of the Export Audio Mixdown window.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Zmeey79

Post by Zmeey79 »

Ok,got it. Thank you,Martin.

DaveAbbott

Post by DaveAbbott »

Hi All

Don't know if this is what you're after, but I set it up so when I press. ctrl/alt/shift and e (my KC) I get the export dialogue in which, open in Soundforge (default) or open in explorer are options, so when its finished exporting it automatically opens in my wave editor.

Best Regards

Dave
Dave Abbott
Entertainer | Musician | Producer
cricket@iafrica.com

Computer i7 3 Ghz CPU, Intel Mobo, DX58SO, 12Gig DDR1600 RAM, System Drive 64 Gig SSD + 480 Gig SSD sample drive + 3 x 1TB recording and sample drives.
Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, Cubase 10 Pro, Wavelab 9.5, NI Komplete Ultimate, UAD, Waves, and various other plugs
Interface: Steinberg UR824 with Focusrite ISA One, Focusrite Octopre, Cubase Elements 8.5 with Focusrite 18i8 on spare machine. Cubase Elements 9.5 with Focusrite 18i8 on Stage Laptop (Dell 6430 i7 with 8gig RAM)
Korg Taktile 49 Controller Steinberg CC121 Controller

Rule 1: Have Fun! Rule 2: It's Not Serious! Rule 3: When in doubt refer to Rule 1!!

Manike

Post by Manike »

Pretty sure the track mixing down just by hitting 'enter' would be a real pain in the arse.
8-Core Trashcan Mac Pro : Catalina : Cubase10.5.20 : MOTU828x : Nektar P6 :
Macbook pro : Catalina
http://www.manikemusic.com

Zmeey79

Post by Zmeey79 »

Manike wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:06 pm
Pretty sure the track mixing down just by hitting 'enter' would be a real pain in the arse.
I mean it`s on Export Window:) Not in project window)

Zmeey79

Post by Zmeey79 »

DaveAbbott wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:30 am
Hi All

Don't know if this is what you're after, but I set it up so when I press. ctrl/alt/shift and e (my KC) I get the export dialogue in which, open in Soundforge (default) or open in explorer are options, so when its finished exporting it automatically opens in my wave editor.

Best Regards

Dave
Wow! Could you tell more about this?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Zmeey79 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:47 am
DaveAbbott wrote:
Hi,

You can define this in the Post Process of the Export Audio Mixdown window. Here you can set what should be done after the Export. Like open in editor or export to Sound Cloud.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

DaveAbbott

Post by DaveAbbott »

Hi zmeey79

Its slightly obscure, I got it from one of the guys on this forum. I'm not at the studio currently so I'll give what Info I can. Basically in the export audio/mixdown dialogue there is a dropdown menu near the bottom, I think it says "none" normally but there is a way of getting your own commands to come up in there (mine is open in Soundforge), can't remember how I did it, do a search maybe, or perhaps someone could pitch in here. I think it involved text editing in a file somewhere.

Best Regards

Dave
Dave Abbott
cricket@iafrica.com

Computer i7 3 Ghz CPU, Intel Mobo, DX58SO, 12Gig DDR1600 RAM, System Drive 64 Gig SSD + 480 Gig SSD sample drive + 3 x 1TB recording and sample drives.
Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, Cubase 10 Pro, Wavelab 9.5, NI Komplete Ultimate, UAD, Waves, and various other plugs
Interface: Steinberg UR824 with Focusrite ISA One, Focusrite Octopre, Cubase Elements 8.5 with Focusrite 18i8 on spare machine. Cubase Elements 9.5 with Focusrite 18i8 on Stage Laptop (Dell 6430 i7 with 8gig RAM)

Rule 1: Have Fun! Rule 2: It's Not Serious! Rule 3: When in doubt refer to Rule 1!!

peakae
Grand Senior Member

Post by peakae »

It does, i made one that after mixdown makes MP3, M4A and a FLAC all in one swoop.
Really nice if you need to send a copy and they are already made.
I have had some mixed success with the file name conventions, and was going to write a little tutorial once I have found a foolproof way of parsing path and file names to the command line (programs).
Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Elements 9, I9 9900K , win10x64, 32Gb Ram, RME Raydat, Steinberg MR816x, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8200, Yamaha moXF6, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha THR 10, Grace Design m900, CMC TP, CMC CH.

Zmeey79

Post by Zmeey79 »

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:11 am
Zmeey79 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:47 am
DaveAbbott wrote:
Hi,

You can define this in the Post Process of the Export Audio Mixdown window. Here you can set what should be done after the Export. Like open in editor or export to Sound Cloud.
Hi Martin.
I do not see there a choice of process after export,only upload in SoundCloud...

Zmeey79

Post by Zmeey79 »

DaveAbbott wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:11 am
Hi zmeey79

Its slightly obscure, I got it from one of the guys on this forum. I'm not at the studio currently so I'll give what Info I can. Basically in the export audio/mixdown dialogue there is a dropdown menu near the bottom, I think it says "none" normally but there is a way of getting your own commands to come up in there (mine is open in Soundforge), can't remember how I did it, do a search maybe, or perhaps someone could pitch in here. I think it involved text editing in a file somewhere.

Best Regards

Dave
Hi!
Ok,thank you Dave.

Iftekharul Anam

Post by Iftekharul Anam »

DaveAbbott wrote:
Hi All

Best Regards

Dave

Hello there, will you please be kind enough to tell me how you brought Sound Forge to the Post Process Dialogue of Cubase?
Nuendo 10
Windows 10
Wavelab Pro 9.5
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Ryzen™ 7 1700X, GTX 970

YouTube | Spotify | Insight Timer | Instagram

DaveAbbott

Post by DaveAbbott »

Hi there

I don’t use soundforge any more, I use WaveLab which automatically appears as an option. However do a google search on editing the post process dialogue, there should be posts on it and I think there was a small article somewhere. It’s quite straight forward but requires some fiddly text editing. Hope this helps

Best Regards, Dave
Dave Abbott
cricket@iafrica.com

Iftekharul Anam

Post by Iftekharul Anam »

DaveAbbott wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:02 am
Hi there

I don’t use soundforge any more, I use WaveLab which automatically appears as an option. However do a google search on editing the post process dialogue, there should be posts on it and I think there was a small article somewhere. It’s quite straight forward but requires some fiddly text editing. Hope this helps

Best Regards, Dave

Thank you so much for answering, Dave, and I have figured it out by watching a video.
Nuendo 10
Windows 10
Wavelab Pro 9.5
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Ryzen™ 7 1700X, GTX 970

YouTube | Spotify | Insight Timer | Instagram

Return to “General”