Does Cubase 9 license work for Cubase 8.5?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
zehanort1

Does Cubase 9 license work for Cubase 8.5?

Post by zehanort1 »

Hello. I have one doubt. Does Cubase 9 license work for Cubase 8.5?

I happened to own cubase studio Pro 8.5 and I installed the free update to Cubase Studio Pro 9. However, the latter does not work with old electronic music VSTs, and I don't want to have issues with non-official software for that purpose unless there is no chance. Whenever I want to write electronic music on Cubase Studio 9 I cannot use such sounds anymore.

I was wondering if I can have both Cubase Studio Pro 9 and Cubase Studio Pro 8.5 in the same computer with the Ilok licence for Cubase 9 alone. Is that possible?

If not, do you know of a VST bridge which actually works on Windows 7 and Cubase Studio Pro 9?

Thanks in advance

Sundayforsammy

Re: Does Cubase 9 license work for Cubase 8.5?

Post by Sundayforsammy »

You can have both Cubase 8.5 and 9 on the same computer and use the same Cubase 9 activated USB licenser for either. (its not an ilock USB ?).

Your Cubase 9 pro USB licenser will run all older versions of Cubase of the same type from 5 upwards.
Cubase Pro 9 i7 3630QM Clevo P170EM Laptop PC - 16gb ram - 128 SSD OS hard drive - 1Tb Data Hard Drive - Windows 10 home - Motu 828mk3 Audio Interface - Roland SC880 Midi module - KRK Rockit 3 monitors, Alesis DM6 drum kit and a few guitars and a broken keyboard.

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino »

You can even run both versions at the same time.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

xavher

Post by xavher »

What about Cubase elements? Its the same? I have Cubase Elements 9 installed and licensed while Cubase Elements 8.5 still asking me for an activation license... Should it work?

Return to “General”