[SOLVED] New Activation Code?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Rerun

[SOLVED] New Activation Code?

Post by Rerun »

I had to reinstall Sierra from scratch after it would not display anything on my monitor (long story).

This meant having to redownload everything from Steinberg account to reinstall that as well, including a new eLicenser. I entered the activation for Cubase Elements 9, but it said it had already been used. So I went through the process of registering the new eLicenser, was able to activate Pashop and Zero Gravity, but now Cubase Elements 9 doesn't even show up in my account! :x

It's downloaded and installed, but asks for an activation code.

Any ideas???

UPDATE: Contacted support, they sorted it out for me.
Last edited by Rerun on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: New Activation Code?

Post by Prock »

Try following the instructions for reactivation...

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... activation

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5.20, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Rerun

Post by Rerun »

Steinberg has by far the worst account management and support I've ever seen.

I can find the order information in my shop account, along with the old activation number, but for whatever reason Cubase Elements 9 is not showing in my account. Entering the old activation number simply says that the eLicenser assigned to that number is "deprecated".

Well that's great. How about some indication as to how I can reactivate Cubase? Ever think of letting people know that somewhere in your support Steinberg?

Rerun

Post by Rerun »

Prock wrote:Try following the instructions for reactivation...

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... activation

Regards 8-)
Yeah I saw that, except as noted Cubase Elements 9 doesn't even show up in my account anymore.

Rerun

Post by Rerun »

Downloaded and installed the 9.0.1 update, opened it and tried to activate it with the old code, said I needed to contact the vendor for a new code.

Kind of vague, but I take it to mean I have to put in a support ticket, which I have done.

Come on Steinberg, really sloppy process here.

crofter

Post by crofter »

You mention your shop account,have you tried your MY Steinberg account,this is where you should be looking.

vladverko

Post by vladverko »

He is talking about the same issue I have. After upgrade it got missing from MySteinberg account (see attachemtn).
Attachments
cubase.png
(50.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Rerun

Post by Rerun »

crofter wrote:You mention your shop account,have you tried your MY Steinberg account,this is where you should be looking.
Yeah it's not even listed in my Steinberg account anymore. It was at first, but when I registered the new eLicenser it vanished. There's still record of it in my shop account though.

Hopefully they can straighten this out sooner rather than later. :|

Alexandra Auvinen

Post by Alexandra Auvinen »

Hello Rerun,

I'm sorry about the trouble with the reactivation. I went ahead and re-registered your soft eLicenser in your MySteinberg account. You should now see it when you login. I have also replied to your support request that was sent in, so please check your e-mail for instructions on how to reactivate your software.

Thank you.
Cubase Pro 9.5 | Dorico Pro 2 (latest updates)
Windows 10 64 Bit, Intel Core i7-8750H CPU 2.20GHz, 16 GB RAM, 1TB SSD
MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid | Mackie MR8mk3 | M-Audio Axiom 61 | Yamaha P-150

vladverko

Re: [SOLVED] New Activation Code?

Post by vladverko »

Alexandra Auvinen wrote:Hello Rerun,

I'm sorry about the trouble with the reactivation. I went ahead and re-registered your soft eLicenser in your MySteinberg account. You should now see it when you login. I have also replied to your support request that was sent in, so please check your e-mail for instructions on how to reactivate your software.

Thank you.
Hello Alexandra,

Would be able to help me as well?
viewtopic.php?f=251&t=108492

JakeJohnston77

Post by JakeJohnston77 »

Thank you.

Having a very similar problem can you reactivate mine

Marshan

Re: [SOLVED] New Activation Code?

Post by Marshan »

Hello, I'm having a similar problem too. I reactivated an eLicenser but it still has the same serial number so I cannot use any Steinberg's software that I have installed and for which I have new activation codes because when I try to activate them it comes up an error screen.

If it is possible to help, I would really appreciate it!! Thanks in advance!

Mtthwk

Post by Mtthwk »

Thank you.
Could you help me as well? I switched computers and now Cubase 9 doesn't even appear on my registered software.
Thanks in advance.

Return to “General”