beginners blues

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
jamsa

beginners blues

Post by jamsa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:55 am

Hi, I recently made the jump to Cubase 5. I have been using Propellerhead Record/Reason for several years. Using the Prophead products is so damn easy in comparison to Cubase. I am having a hard time figuring things out. The manuals and PDF stuff are not very "user friendly" to me.

Can people here offer some good tutorial sites,videos, or even books that take a real basic approach to getting up to speed and gaining a simple working understanding of Cubase 5 ?

And, if you know of any links to these two issues, I'd appreciate it!
1. CI2+ Audio interface doesn't seem to be communicating fully with Cubase 5. In particular, the "AI" indicator light does not come on.
2. When I try to rewire either Reason or Record to Cubase 5 it doesn't work. I start Cubase 5 first, and I do what the manual says to do, but when I try and start one of the Prophead Programs, it won't start and says the "rewire host" is probably the problem.

thanks, jamsa

utp4567

Re: beginners blues

Post by utp4567 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:33 am

http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/cubase101

it's Matthew Loel T. Hepworth's tutorial and you can view it on an ipad. Excellent instructional using cubase 5.

dirkpiano

Re: beginners blues

Post by dirkpiano » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:48 am

http://www.askvideo.com : bundle of 4 DVD's with 143 tutorials, not cheap, but if you hurry up: big christmas sale ending january 3 rd ($108 instead of $180). Boxed or downloadable, including for each tutorial a cubase project file. Each DVD available seperatly ($30 instead of $50 until jan 3rd).

Demo tutorials available on the site.

Only minus: tutorials are made for C5, interface has changed a bit since C5.5.x
Windows 10 Pro - Cubase 8.5 (x64)
System: CPU: Core I5-6600, Motherboard: ASRock Z170M Pro4S , GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970 (4Gb)
RAM: Corsair 16Gb DDR4 2400Mhz
Disks: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500Gb (system disk), Seagate SSHD (hybrid) 2Tb (data, 7200rpm), external USB3.0 1Tb (backup, 7200rpm)
Audio: M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

Return to “Older Cubase versions”