Put backups in a /Backup folder for organization purposes

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
pgstudio

Put backups in a /Backup folder for organization purposes

Post by pgstudio » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:00 pm

I'm a little picky about my folders and I really don't like seeing : My Project.cpr followed by lot's of My Project.bak files
I think that would be vary good for cubase to automatically create a /Backup folder (Like it creates the /Audio, /Track Pictures, /Images and so on) to save these files and clear the clutter on the project folder.

Am I alone with that or it also bothers someone else ??

Thanks

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Put backups in a /Backup folder for organization purposes

Post by Prock » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:41 pm

I suppose this wouldn't hurt but, for me, I don't have a bunch of .bak files cluttering things as I have auto backup set it to run every 10 minutes, (5) max. So it's only (6) files total.

Again, it's not a bad idea but, I would not want this to get any priority over other more serious development issues. ;)

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5.10, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

ywshuo

Post by ywshuo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:20 am

I vote for this! The main folder needs to be clean and tidy instead of a bunch of files. Imagine if you have several versions of one project, there will be tons of bak files.

I believe it's not a hard feature to add so won't get in the way of addressing other issues.

Jim Clark

Post by Jim Clark » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:28 pm

I have wanted this feature for a long time. If my .bak files can be assigned to a different folder, over the course of many projects the time saved for me will be significant, as it always takes me a few moments to distinguish which file to open.

drmq

Post by drmq » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:13 pm

+1

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”