add Absolute to End of Year sale!! at least add Halion - what is point of selling expansion without the host product?

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!

sd1989

Re: add Absolute to End of Year sale!! at least add Halion - what is point of selling expansion without the host product

Post by sd1989 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:05 am

I doubt they will add absolute it was just on sale 2 weeks ago for black Friday
windows 8.1, amd fx 6300 3.5ghz , amd radeon 7850 2gb gfx card, GA-78LMT-USB3 rev 6.0 , 16 gb ram , 7200 rpm hd , behringer umc202hd, cubase 8.5 pro , absolute 4

David W

Re: add Absolute to End of Year sale!! at least add Halion - what is point of selling expansion without the host product

Post by David W » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:17 am

As sd1989 said, you just missed a 50% off sale on Absolute 4 and Iconica Opus. Iconica certainly was a 50% discount on full product and upgrades, I think Absolute was too. This made Absolute cheaper on sale than buying a full version of HALion 6 at full price.

Most if not all of the expansions in the current sale work with the free HALion Sonic SE 3.

2019 has been a good year for Steinberg offers. We've had 50% off full versions and upgrades for Cubase 10 (Pro, Artist and Elements), Absolute 4 and Iconica Opus. There have been 30% off sales for Wavelab 9.5 (Pro and Elements), Dorico 2 (can't remember if that was Pro only or Elements as well), HALion 6, Iconica Ensembles and Iconica Sections and Players - I think some of these might have been full versions only. There was an introductory discount on Spectralayers 6 and I think also on Wavelab 10. There have been various sales on expansions, especially the new HALion expansions from third parties sold through Steinberg. Absolute 4 owners got the new Olympus Choir Micro and Padshop 2 products added to their licences free of charge.

All this means that at some point during 2019 there has been a deep discount sale on all Steinberg's top-tier products except Nuendo. Nuendo got permanently lower pricing with the release of Nuendo 10 - both full licences and crossgrades from Cubase Pro are much cheaper than they used to be.

robw

Post by robw » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:05 pm

Your right, though I didn’t take advantage of these myself it has been a good year for Steinberg sales.
Their sales have been real as well - unlike some other companies in this industry who are constantly having sales on their products, so much so it makes their average actual prices something in the order of 50% off their recommended price. It both devalues their “sales” promotion and makes a mockery of their pricing. A shame because there is some real innovation in their products.

Commends to Steinberg for not giving over to that disturbing trend and having both real sales I can take advantage of and real pricing that reflects value (for me).
Cubase 10 | Steinberg UR44 | Korg Kronos X
Intel i9 9900K | ASUS Z370 | 64 Gigs RAM | NVIDIA RTX2080
NI Komplete Ultimate Collectors Edition 12 | Steinberg Pad Shop Pro, Halion 6 | Composer Cloud X

lovegames

Post by lovegames » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:40 am

yes yes thank you Steinberg..

just saying.... I would be SUPER stoked to see Absolute %50 pop up for sale again around Christmas/Boxing Day.....

musicsound

Post by musicsound » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:02 am

Unfortunately I missed the black Friday 50% off Iconica Opus and of course I do not want to wait another year. Without an „absolute to end of year sale“ I need to jump on a Spitfire Audio orchestra library which are all coming with rebates dring x-Mas.

Return to “Presales”