Dorico 3 Download problem

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
kloewen

Dorico 3 Download problem

Post by kloewen »

I am receiving failed download attempts over and over again. "An error occurred while downloading Dorico Prod 3 Sounds Installer" for example.
Try again later - ok I do, continue to get the error with each try. This happened with both the application installer and the sounds installer but after many tries for the application installer I finally got it successfully. The sound installer takes many minutes to download, then there is a blue flashing line going back and forth before the error pops up. Needless to say every "try again" later takes another long time before I know if it's successful or not.

Perhaps the download site is just incredibly busy but wouldn't download assistant know to deal with slow downloads and insure file integrity?

Just wondering if I will have to TRY AGAIN (and again and again) or if there is a known issue that can resolve this?
Dorico Pro on Win 10

Derrek
Grand Senior Member

Re: Dorico 3 Download problem

Post by Derrek »

I'm pretty sure the blue flashing line signifies a verification process, which would suggest the problem is discovered (though not necessarily caused) after downloading..
Dorico Pro 3.5.10.1045, Finale (v26), GPO, JABB3, GWI, NotePerformer 3.3.1, CuBase Pro 10.5 newbie
Windows 10 (also Mac Catalina as alternate)
US English Keyboard

Daniel at Steinberg

Post by Daniel at Steinberg »

Yes, once the file is downloaded the download manager checks its integrity, and if it's finding a problem then I'm afraid your only recourse is to download again. You could try these direct links to the downloads rather than downloading them via SDA:

Sounds installer for Dorico Pro 3 (Windows)

Sounds installer for Dorico Pro 3 (Mac)

kloewen

Post by kloewen »

Direct downloads worked out. Thanks
Dorico Pro on Win 10

Fidgit89

Post by Fidgit89 »

I, too, am having massive download problems for the sounds installer for Dorico 3. It always fails when I use the Download assistant. Always. I've lost track of how many times I have tried to download it. I found this conversation from Sept '19. and thought that the solution to my problem had been found. But, nope - when I tried using this direct link (windows) it just thinks a little while and then does Bupkis. Suggestions? (solutions?)

Daniel at Steinberg

Welcome to the forum, Fidgit89. I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for you beyond trying the direct link again. I can confirm that the direct link above does still work.

Fidgit89

Post by Fidgit89 »

<sigh> well … I have tried the link an additional 3 times after I wrote here and once after I read your reply and it still does absolutely nothing on my computer. I have no idea what is blocking the download but since I cannot get a download to work, can you at least direct me to the business office so I can get a refund and delete what Dorico downloads have worked from my machine? I hate to do that but a partial Dorico is of no use to me and a distant deadline is starting to appear on the horizon. I have to do something and I have to do something quick. Any help you can give me toward that end would be most appreciated.

goldberg

Post by goldberg »

One possibility might be to make contact with another Dorico user who lives near you, perhaps with the help of the Dorico team, and obtain a copy of the downloaded files on a thumbdrive, before giving up on Dorico.

Which region do you live in ?
MacBook Pro 6,2 macOS Sierra 10.12.6, Windows 10, Logic Pro 9.1 (stopped using Sibelius 7.1.3.2 2 years ago), Dorico 3.1

Fidgit89

Post by Fidgit89 »

Houston, Texas

Rob Tuley
Grand Senior Member

Post by Rob Tuley »

Since there are direct download links in this thread you probably don't even need to find another Dorico user - just get somebody using a different internet connection to download it to a thumb drive.

Tom Flenady

Post by Tom Flenady »

Fidgit89 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:20 pm
I, too, am having massive download problems for the sounds installer for Dorico 3. It always fails when I use the Download assistant. Always. I've lost track of how many times I have tried to download it. I found this conversation from Sept '19. and thought that the solution to my problem had been found. But, nope - when I tried using this direct link (windows) it just thinks a little while and then does Bupkis. Suggestions? (solutions?)
Hey Fidgit89,

I'm in the same boat as you! I've tried innumerable times to install the sounds package from the download assistant and it crashes after failing to verify the download. I've also tried the direct download with absolutely no success whatever :( I just get the following error message!
Screenshot 2019-11-04 at 19.25.47.png
(33.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Have you found a way around it at all?

Thanks!
Tom

frankfro

Post by frankfro »

Daniel at Steinberg wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:00 pm
Yes, once the file is downloaded the download manager checks its integrity, and if it's finding a problem then I'm afraid your only recourse is to download again. You could try these direct links to the downloads rather than downloading them via SDA:

Sounds installer for Dorico Pro 3 (Windows)

Sounds installer for Dorico Pro 3 (Mac)
Hi,

Do you have similar direct downloads for the Dorico Application Installer, I am having similar issues with that. I have tried downloading several times and always get the checksum error.

frankfro

Post by frankfro »

I get this everytime. It says failed download. another forum said to delete the .aria file, which I did which makes the download go green, but then when I run it I get this:
Extracting files to temporary folder
Extracting from Dorico_3.0.10_Installer_win.exe
Checksum error in Dorico\Additional Content\VST Sound\REVerence Content 01\FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound
Checksum error in Dorico\Dorico3.msi

Derrek
Grand Senior Member

Post by Derrek »

Have you run a check on your disk drive to make sure any bad sectors have been marked?
Dorico Pro 3.5.10.1045, Finale (v26), GPO, JABB3, GWI, NotePerformer 3.3.1, CuBase Pro 10.5 newbie
Windows 10 (also Mac Catalina as alternate)
US English Keyboard

Daniel at Steinberg

frankfro, you can indeed find direct links to the Dorico 3 application installer itself here.

frankfro

Post by frankfro »

Derrek wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:45 pm
Have you run a check on your disk drive to make sure any bad sectors have been marked?
thanks I'll try that, but I havent any trouble with other software installs.

frankfro

Post by frankfro »

Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:29 pm
frankfro, you can indeed find direct links to the Dorico 3 application installer itself here.
thanks Daniel, much appreciated, I'll give them a go.

frankfro

Post by frankfro »

still no luck I'm afraid, I ran check disk and it found no issues. I tried the direct link download, but still get same error when running the exe file.
when I run it I get this:
Extracting files to temporary folder
Extracting from Dorico_3.0.10_Installer_win.exe
Checksum error in Dorico\Additional Content\VST Sound\REVerence Content 01\FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound
Checksum error in Dorico\Dorico3.msi

Daniel at Steinberg

That definitely suggests a problem with the download itself. Very strange! Do you have access to another computer you could download the files onto, then transfer them to your main machine by way of a USB drive?

frankfro

Post by frankfro »

Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:59 am
That definitely suggests a problem with the download itself. Very strange! Do you have access to another computer you could download the files onto, then transfer them to your main machine by way of a USB drive?
ok thanks, I'll give that a try.

Tom Flenady

Post by Tom Flenady »

Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:59 am
Hi Daniel, I thought I'd flag that I'm getting a similar error message when I try to install the direct download, albeit on macOS.

It is saying that the file is damaged and should be moved to the bin.
Dorico Sound installer error messge.png
(33.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Am I the first Mac user to be getting such an error message?

Any help would be appreciated. Dorico works great... I'm doing the trial now and I can see how superior it is to Sibelius! I REALLY would love to get this resolved.

Many thanks,
Tom

Daniel at Steinberg

I've not seen any other reports of this, Tom. Have you tried downloading the content installer via Steinberg Download Assistant?

Tom Flenady

Post by Tom Flenady »

Hi Daniel, yes I've tried a number of times to download the sounds through the download assistant but it never gets through the verification stage of the download/installation. I just get the following message...
Installation error message Dorico Sounds.png
(51.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I've also downloaded the direct download onto my iPad and dropped it across to my Mac but I still get the error message saying that the file is damaged.

Any suggestions?

Daniel at Steinberg

I'm not sure what to suggest at the moment, Tom. Where in the world are you located?

Tom Flenady

Post by Tom Flenady »

Melbourne, Australia!

Return to “Dorico”