Feature Request Poll - Your input is needed - Results are online

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
Matthias Quellmann

Re: Feature Request Poll - Your input is needed

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:58 am

Funkybot wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:39 pm
The poll closes in a week so sometime after that. I hope Steinberg considers doing formal polls like this in the future via emails to registered users. I'm not saying people can vote twice or more on this poll, but they can. Something more formal can include unique links to make sure that doesn't happen and catch a wider cross section of users. Universal Audio, Arturia, and U-he are all companies that have sent out email polls.
Well, this is just an experiment to see how we can improve the community ideation. But yes, there are already people who voted twice and then even allocated their whole budget to one single feature. Twice. So multiple participation is now blocked and I will delete the doubles. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to set a budget limit per feature in our survey tool. So putting 100 on a single request is still possible. But, please be reasonable and try to allocate the budget to at least 5 to 6 different items.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

Funkybot

Post by Funkybot » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:17 pm

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:58 am
Funkybot wrote:
The poll closes in a week so sometime after that. I hope Steinberg considers doing formal polls like this in the future via emails to registered users. I'm not saying people can vote twice or more on this poll, but they can. Something more formal can include unique links to make sure that doesn't happen and catch a wider cross section of users. Universal Audio, Arturia, and U-he are all companies that have sent out email polls.
Well, this is just an experiment to see how we can improve the community ideation. But yes, there are already people who voted twice and then even allocated their whole budget to one single feature. Twice. So multiple participation is now blocked and I will delete the doubles. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to set a budget limit per feature in our survey tool. So putting 100 on a single request is still possible. But, please be reasonable and try to allocate the budget to at least 5 to 6 different items.
I'm glad you can tell and are keeping on top of things! Looking forward to seeing the results.

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Feature Request Poll - Your input is needed - POLL IS ONLINE

Post by Prock » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Done... Thank you Matthias ;)

Can't wait to see the results.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.40, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

J Buckingham

Post by J Buckingham » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:25 pm

GlennO wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:44 am
Horizontal mouse wheel should scroll the mix console.
The scroll bar is far too tiny to click and drag, so there is currently no way to scroll the mix console.
There actually is. If you hover the mouse over the border just above the Panner or the scroll bar column, the scroll wheel works.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
(7.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by J Buckingham on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase Pro 10 (Latest), i7 9800x @ 4.2GHz, 128GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, Geforce GTX 1060 3GB

GlennO

Post by GlennO » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:10 pm

J Buckingham wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:25 pm
GlennO wrote:
The scroll bar is far too tiny to click and drag, so there is currently no way to scroll the mix console.
There actually is. If you hover the mouse over the border just above the Panner or the scroll bar column, the scroll wheel works.
Try hovering over that tiny 2 pixel high space on a monitor with 2000 vertical pixels :). It's even tinier than the tiny scroll bar. The only explanation I can think of is that Steinberg assumed nobody would have enough tracks in their project that they would need to scroll the mix console.
Cubase 10, MacOS 10.13, Avid Artist Mix

PleaseDontBanMe

Post by PleaseDontBanMe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:01 pm

GlennO wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:10 pm
J Buckingham wrote:
GlennO wrote:
Try hovering over that tiny 2 pixel high space on a monitor with 2000 vertical pixels :). It's even tinier than the tiny scroll bar. The only explanation I can think of is that Steinberg assumed nobody would have enough tracks in their project that they would need to scroll the mix console.
Mac doesn't have zoom? On PC 'Windows'+'+' is zoom in. Use it all the time for super old VST plugins

GlennO

Post by GlennO » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:40 pm

PleaseDontBanMe wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:01 pm
GlennO wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:10 pm
J Buckingham wrote:

Mac doesn't have zoom? On PC 'Windows'+'+' is zoom in. Use it all the time for super old VST plugins

On every other DAW, you simply use the scroll wheel to scroll the mixer. In other DAWs there is no need to drag an impossibly tiny scroll bar. There is no need to hover over a microscopic scroll region. There is no need to first zoom the display before you can scroll the mixer. With other DAWs there is no need to go to the feature requests forum and explain that the mixer should be easily scrollable.
Cubase 10, MacOS 10.13, Avid Artist Mix

PleaseDontBanMe

Post by PleaseDontBanMe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:23 pm

Oh I thought you were talking about the points selector in the poll.. I thought this was a thread about a poll

mitchiemasha

Post by mitchiemasha » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:52 pm

reasonable and try to allocate the budget to at least 5 to 6 different items.
ooops. I only picked 3. There was others but they didn't get mentioned so not on list.
W10, CP10, i7 9700k OC 5.0, Noctua NH-U9S, MSI z390, 16Gb 3000Mhz DDR4, PCIe NVME 970 Pro, AC-1 Carillon Case, Be Quiet SP11, Virus TI (Integrated), Yamaha CS2x (Custom Mapped), Novation Stations, Nord Rack 2, JV1080, 2x Presonus Firestudio, Dynaudio BM5's mkII & Eve SC305's.

PleaseDontBanMe

Post by PleaseDontBanMe » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:22 am

Funkybot wrote:
Might want to account for minorities of users who use niche features that not as many Cubase users use.

For instance. "Do You Work ITB or OTB/Both?

Anyone who works OTB with analog hardware will agree External FX needs to be improved, but I'm assuming there is a much larger user base of people working exclusively ITB, so the voting numbers might show that no one seems to care about External FX, when there is a very important professional/commercial user group that does, and are also probably too busy to be keeping their eye on the forums to see this poll.

arve.furset

Post by arve.furset » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:35 am

My most wanted "feature" was not on the list:
Make volume and panning accessable directly in the project window - like Logic and Protools.
In Cubase you to have to select the track first and then via the inspector adjust volume and panning.

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:52 am

PleaseDontBanMe wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:04 pm
Funkybot wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm
Starsprinkler wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:55 pm

In this case it seems he doesn't want to check the icon beforehand repeatedly. Anyway, generally speaking you can't have a toggle on/off command in a macro, because you don't know if you will trigger it on or off. You then have to have separate ON and OFF commands.
Thanks. Makes sense in the case of a macro requiring a specific snap setting.
You have to consider most people probably work with snap on most the time. Thus it makes sense to have 'Snap On' only as I would hit it all the time without even looking to see if it's on or off - because I want it on. ie, you press the key command for the work it is you are wanting to do without having to check if it is on or off.

I can never remember if I have it on or off, sometimes I think it's off and press J to turn it on but forgot it was actually already on, now it's off. then I moved a region, now I have to undo that move, and turn it back on. Very annoying.
Yes, this. 500 times everyday. The most infuriating thing about Cubase. Forget all the other new features, I'd pay £100 just for this.
Hackintosh, 8700K / 4.8GHz, 16Gb, OSX10.14.4
MacBook Pro Retina (2015), i5, 8Gb, OSX10.14.4
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
UAD-2 Octo, Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt
Cubase user since 1989!

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial

Denis van der Velde

Post by Denis van der Velde » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:30 am

Make Cubase and Wavelab (when the user buys both) the PLUGINS available for both Cubase and Wavelab.
For instance the Frequency EQ, you cannot use it in Wavelab...
The Master Rig from Wavelab, cannot be used in Cubase.

The Reason is : I made a whole project tracks in Cubase 10 with Frequency and save presets, i mind i could use Frequency in Wavelab.
I was wrong, the plugin Frequency cannot be used in wavelab.

Quess what : Fabfilter Pro Q2 works in Cubase and Wavelab and i can use the saved presets...
That is kind of sick that i have to use other plugins from other manufacturors.
And set aside Steinberg Plugins that work only under Cubase 10 or Only under Wavelab 9.5...
I am a believer you buy Cubase 10 and Wavelab 9.5, you surely could use PLUGINS in both software.
But instead, this is not the case...
I7 8core 16tread 32gb Aopen Board, SSD Samsung. C95,W95,Halion6,Groove Agent,etc.
Running on 8ms Latency with a Soundblaster XFI Pro.

Denis van der Velde
http://www.curioza.com
AAMS Auto Audio Mastering System for Windows

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:16 am

arve.furset wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:35 am
My most wanted "feature" was not on the list:
Make volume and panning accessable directly in the project window - like Logic and Protools.
In Cubase you to have to select the track first and then via the inspector adjust volume and panning.
I was kind of surprised as well that this wasn't mentioned. There are a lot of things missing that I get as requests on a regular base. I would suggest that we do these kind of polls every couple of month. We could keep the top 25 items and exchange the bottom half with new items.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

jimzepellin

Post by jimzepellin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:36 am

It would be nice if we were able to see the poll results as they come in. I know other sites I use have polls that do this and you see it on the web page.
If in doubt scream and shout.

Anthonie

Post by Anthonie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:42 am

My most wanted "feature" was not on the list either:
Please bring back the resizable right-click toolbox...
(It needs less mouse movement while editing with two shorter rows in stead of one long row. I can't get used to it and stick on Cubase 9.5 although I bought 10)
Cubase Pro 9.5.50 | Cubase Pro 10.0.20 | Windows 8.1 64 bits | 16 GB RAM | i5 3.3 GHz processor| SSD 500 GB 2x| Steinberg MR816x | Steinberg Midex 8 | Motu Midi Express 128 | Fostex DCM100 midi controlled mixer | much hardware synths and vst plugins

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:16 pm

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:16 am
...I would suggest that we do these kind of polls every couple of month. We could keep the top 25 items and exchange the bottom half with new items.
That's a very good idea. Hope you can make it happen. ;)

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.40, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:17 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:52 am
Forget all the other new features, I'd pay £100 just for this.
Now there's an idea .... license each major feature individually so we pay only for those features we need.
  • Everyone gets a basic Cubase for free, on whatever platform they want -- Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, cloud
  • If a feature is available for that platform, you buy a license to use it
  • Licenses could be time-limited .... if you only need a feature for a month, you rent it
Windows 10 • Cubase 9.5.50 • WaveLab 9.5.50 • SpectraLayers 6.0.10 • HALion 6.3.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.10 • Midex

Tony H

Post by Tony H » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:25 pm

mixing. all three mixers can be used without sharing global settings
eg mixer 1 input busses meters set to input
mixer 2 meters set to other than what mixer 1 and three are ..
thanks for the chance to voice my wish

T :D
cubasepro-10..Bfd 3. ,slate everything bundle, T-rax. etc
windows 10
core i5 4x320.
16gb ram.
Focusrite Scarlet 18i20

Starsprinkler

Post by Starsprinkler » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:27 pm

MrSoundman wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:17 pm
Now there's an idea .... license each major feature individually so we pay only for those features we need.
No. Very bad. You'd need to pay as much (or more), but for less features.
And it would also take resources to develop this system, giving you even less in the end.

Starsprinkler

Post by Starsprinkler » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:43 pm

arve.furset wrote:
I was kind of surprised as well that this wasn't mentioned. There are a lot of things missing that I get as requests on a regular base.
That's something that's useful for pro users to have a quick workflow. But I don't think home users have it highly prioritized.

The time window to send requests this time was from friday afternoon until saturday morning. You can then expect mostly home user replies. If this would be published next time, let's say, on a monday morning, you could probably expect a bit different replies, i.e. a higher share of pro user replies.

Funkybot

Post by Funkybot » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:34 pm

Starsprinkler wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:43 pm
arve.furset wrote:
I was kind of surprised as well that this wasn't mentioned. There are a lot of things missing that I get as requests on a regular base.
That's something that's useful for pro users to have a quick workflow. But I don't think home users have it highly prioritized.

The time window to send requests this time was from friday afternoon until saturday morning. You can then expect mostly home user replies. If this would be published next time, let's say, on a monday morning, you could probably expect a bit different replies, i.e. a higher share of pro user replies.
I don't think it's Pro/Home split at all. I think it has more to do with preferences around user workflow and UI. For instance, I keep my tracks in the Arranger very thin as to see as many tracks as I can. And if I need a larger view on a track for editing or something, I'll toggle the track height with Z. So with very thin tracks, I'm not going to see volume and pan in the Arranger/Project view.

Now, how do I work like this? Well, it works in conjunction with a mixer that's almost constantly docked. Then I've got a screenset/keybinding that gets me to full-blown mixer view. All on a wide-screen monitor. The volume/pan adjustments happen either in the docked mixer, or full screen one, and the widescreen eliminates the need for a lot of horizontal scrolling.

So with that type of setup, adding a volume and pan to the Arranger very little value. But I don't begrudge anyone who wants it, and it's a very common feature in most DAWs. But it wouldn't add much to my particular workflow. I prefer the docked mixer for volume/pan.

You know what I would love to see though? Fully height adjustable mixer channels like Reaper that could display inserts and sends all at once, even when docked! Heck, just give me 4 insert slots and the first send! And if there's not enough height, then only show the faders.

blackfor3st

Post by blackfor3st » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:37 pm

functional hidpi

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:07 pm

Starsprinkler wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:43 pm
on a monday morning
Yes, lots of music professionals are up early every Monday morning. :roll:
Windows 10 • Cubase 9.5.50 • WaveLab 9.5.50 • SpectraLayers 6.0.10 • HALion 6.3.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.10 • Midex

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:10 pm

Starsprinkler wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:27 pm
MrSoundman wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:17 pm
No. Very bad. You'd need to pay as much (or more), but for less features.
And it would also take resources to develop this system, giving you even less in the end.
Ah yes, the old "sweeping assumption based on zero evidence" argument again ..... :lol:

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”