pops/cracks on wave files on 24bit since 9.5.40

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
CosmicD

pops/cracks on wave files on 24bit since 9.5.40

Post by CosmicD » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:33 am

Since 9.5.40 i experience popping and cracking on my exported 24 bit wave files.

First I thought the mixer has somehow changed because it especially happens due to bass regio being slightly flirting with 0db limit. But it didn't act like that before.

I have my cubase engine set to 64bits but it never pruduced these pops before when exporting

I was thinkiong, Could it be because of several windows updates, also I know my cpu is a bit old, 8 years in fact, it's a i7 920.

So I tried to export to 32bit float and the pops and cracks are gone. Is there an explanation for this ? You'd think that it would even pop and crackle more because the file size and bitdepth is higher.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: pops/cracks on wave files on 24bit since 9.5.40

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi,

Could you try to update to Cubase 9.5.41, please? Can you reproduce it after?
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

HarryAndre

Re: pops/cracks on wave files on 24bit since 9.5.40

Post by HarryAndre » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:41 am

I'd be interested in an update here. I've been having similar issues in Cubase Pro 9. The pops occur on the exported files and in the low-end instruments, regardless of bit depth setting, though.

The only way around it that I've found is to do real-time export. That's not an ideal solution for me though because I mostly use VST instruments and real-time export often comes with other issues in this case.

Return to “Issues”