Eucon Track Visibility

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
J-S-Q

Eucon Track Visibility

Post by J-S-Q »

Please please PLEASE implement track visibility for Eucon controllers, so that when we hide tracks in Cubase, they are also hidden on the control surface.

PLEASE!
Cubase Pro 9, Win10
CPU: AMD Threadripper 1920X. MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Aorus X399. RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX. GRAPHICS CARD: Gigabyte GV-N96TSL GeForce 9600GT. SYSTEM DRIVE: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD. AUDIO INTERFACE: Steinberg MR816-CSX CONTROLLER: Avid S3, Avid Artist Transport

characterstudios

Re: Eucon Track Visibility

Post by characterstudios »

Yes please, please, PLEASE indeed! PLEASE!

Eucon-able controllers and apps are some of the best out there in the semi-pro segment. But it's damn-near impossible to do anything (in the mixer especially) if we keep on seeing hidden tracks. My templates have many, many hidden tracks that I don't need to see until I decide to use them... I know there are some different approaches like disabling the track, or using track archives, but they are a bad fit for my workflow, hiding/un-hiding tracks is really the fastest way to handle it for me.

zygmunt

Post by zygmunt »

I'm also waiting for this longingly!

+1
Cubase Pro 8.5.15
Mac Pro 2013 Xeon 6 core
Yosemite 10.10.5

characterstudios

Monthly bump, when will this be addressed?

J-S-Q

Post by J-S-Q »

Here's your bump for the month of March folks.
Cubase Pro 9, Win10
CPU: AMD Threadripper 1920X. MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Aorus X399. RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX. GRAPHICS CARD: Gigabyte GV-N96TSL GeForce 9600GT. SYSTEM DRIVE: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD. AUDIO INTERFACE: Steinberg MR816-CSX CONTROLLER: Avid S3, Avid Artist Transport

characterstudios

April bump. Crazy how long this takes, we're now almost a year after the new Eucon version was released where Steinberg told us that the hidden tracks item would be addressed...

underthebigtree

Post by underthebigtree »

July bump?

I really want this too. Having an orchestral template, the inability to hide tracks on the Eucon units makes using Artist Mix and Control almost useless.

streamingtheatre

Post by streamingtheatre »

MacPro 5.1: 3,6 Ghz 12 Core Intel Xeon I RAM 48 GB I ATI Radeon HD 5770 I OS 10.13.6 I Cubase Pro 10.5.12
MacBook Pro (Retina,16 Zoll) I 2,6 GHz Intel 6-Core i7 I 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 I Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB I OS 10.15.5 I Cubase Pro 10.5.12
RME Fireface UC / Avid Artist Mix&Transport / Wavelab EL8 / Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 / Vienna Instruments Pro / div. VSL Librarys / Pro Tools 20.5 /Eucon 20.6

benniknop

Post by benniknop »

Is this still not a thing?
benni knop

Supervising Sound Editor // Re-Recording Mixer
https://noisypost.com.au

Oliver.Lucas

Post by Oliver.Lucas »

+ infinite
Main machine: Fireface UFX+ 64GB, 2TB Hecacore macmini 10.14.x, egpu
Avid ProTools Ulitimate and S3. A gazillion plugings
https://aufnahme.myds.me

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino »

+1
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

Tomess

Post by Tomess »

Once again: bumpiddity!
PC: Intel Core 2 Quad Q 9400 2,6 GHz, 8 GB DDR 2 Ram, Asus P5Q, NVIDIA GeForce 750 GTX
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
Software: Cubase Pro 8.5.2 32 Bit, Cubase Pro 9.0.3 64 Bit, Maschine 2.6.8, FL Studio 12.5, Fabfilter, TDR, NI Komplete 11
Hardware: 2x Motu 24 I/O, 2x Euphonix MC Mix, M-Audio Axiom 61, Akai MPK Mini, NI Maschine MK 2, SPL Iron, SPL PQ, dbx 166 XL, ART Pro Channel, elysia Xpressor,Urei 1176 Clone, Neve 1073 Clone, Sontec MEP-250 Clone, SSL G4000 Clone, Neumann V475 24:2 Summing Amp,
Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2, Eve Audio SC208, Genelec 1030a

cubace

Post by cubace »

This is generic problem that need a bigger redesign and it is needed for all remotes with multiple faders.
And you also need it to have a concept of which mixer view is mapped to what controller segments. And
of course you need to be able to select mixer view from the controller.

cubass

Post by cubass »

Would be really great to have this implemented and there is space for much more improvements of the EuCon drivers inside (all) Steinberg software... the artist series products are not a little niche, they are really often used, mostly by pro users!
Nuendo 8.x (& 10.3) | WaveLab Pro 10.x | MacOS X (switch hopefully soon) | Universal Audio Apollo & x8 (TB3) | Nuage Master & Fader Unit | Avid Artist Transport (EuCon) | Kontakt, UVI, Spitfire Audio and more | NS-10m | Dynaudio BM5a mkIII | K2500X | ...

cubace

Post by cubace »

cubass wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:17 am
Would be really great to have this implemented and there is space for much more improvements of the EuCon drivers inside (all) Steinberg software... the artist series products are not a little niche, they are really often used, mostly by pro users!
I doubt that Steinberg will do anything regarding remote controllers that has anything to do with pro users; as long yamaha is selling Nuage that is their solution for pros. And certainly not avid's that is steinbergs biggest competitor. They dont even maintain MCU that is very common on low end pro and home studios.

J-S-Q

Post by J-S-Q »

cubace wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:14 pm
cubass wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:17 am
I doubt that Steinberg will do anything regarding remote controllers that has anything to do with pro users; as long yamaha is selling Nuage that is their solution for pros. And certainly not avid's that is steinbergs biggest competitor. They dont even maintain MCU that is very common on low end pro and home studios.
It might make business sense though: If they fix this issue, I'd say an Avid S3 will be BETTER with Cubase/Nuendo than Avid's own Pro Tools. Custom plugin mapping is essential for a controller but Pro Tools does not give this feature. A scaleable mixer to align with the hardware faders? Steinberg has this, Avid does not. If they enable track visibility then we will have VCA Spill (using the 'Show Connected Tracks' visibility function.)

They might tempt some new users I think.
Cubase Pro 9, Win10

Outsounder

Post by Outsounder »

+1

Steinbetg/Yamaha are shortsighted and foolish to ignore this long standing issue which users were told some years ago that it would be addressed in the next update, it never materialised. Eucon has come of age in Pro Tools, it's a pleasure to use, in Cubase it's endless frustration. IC Pro has fallen by the wayside and it's clear to see how many enthusiastic users are now using Avid control app with Steinberg - along side Avid hardware. It doesn't take much for the frustration to nudge Avid hardware users over to Avid software for a good hands on mixing experience, after all Avid is firmly entrenched everywhere.

As I've said before in other threads on the Steinberg forums, it's cheaper and easier to change DAW's than costly hardware controller setup. It's cheaper and easier to pay a monthly subscription to Avid and use already purchased Eucon controllers than to,pay endless upgrades over the years to Steinberg for software that won't deliver what many many users need.

I do believe Steinberg ignores this issue at its own peril.
Main-Intel i7/Asus mobo/Gforce GPU/32gig ram. Secondary-Intel Q9950/Asus mobo/Radeon GPU/8gig ram.Win7 pro/Win10 pro, Cubase 9.5 Pro/Cubase 10.5 pro, Studio One 4 Pro, ACID, Ableton Live, SonicCore/Scope DSP Audio System, Presonus Sceptre S6 monitors. Avid Artist Mix/Control and Transport. Software includes NI Komplete 10, Halion 6, East West Play Libraries, Heavyocity Libraries, Sample Logic Libraries Best Service Libraries, Sonokinetic Libraries, 8Dio Libraries,Project Sam Libaries, Sound Iron Libraries,Melodyne Pro, Uberschall Elastic & Liquid Libraries etc etc.

miul

Post by miul »

it seems hopeless

+1

Torsten Schroth

Post by Torsten Schroth »

Dear Fellas,

it seems that there is something moving, regarding this issue.
Eddie Jones just started a thread, where he gathers the top 5-10 bugs with Eucon and Cubase/Nuendo (and Logic Pro X), to actually get them fixed by Steinberg. Here is the thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=2543312
Please add your comments and spread the word! Let's make this happen!

Thanks,
Kapellmeister
--------------------------------
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz
64GB RAM
SSD via PCIe
Cubase Pro 10.5
Avid S3/Control 24
--------------------------------

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”