will cubase LE work on windows 7

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
++123timon

will cubase LE work on windows 7

Post by ++123timon »

will Cubase le work on windows 7?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: will cubase LE work on windows 7

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

What Cubase LE version do you have?

Most likely, yes.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

++123timon

Post by ++123timon »

I will have Cubase LE 5

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

This version is not supported anymore. But as far as I know, it was fully compatible with Windows 7. If this is not a second-hand, you will get a voucher to upgrade to the current version Cubase LE 9. I would recommend you to do so (if you are not using 32-bit Windows) to get the up-to-date and fully supported Cubase version, which also supports Windows 10.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

++123timon

Post by ++123timon »

Thank you!

GabrielB

Post by GabrielB »

Martin.Jirsak wrote:This version is not supported anymore. But as far as I know, it was fully compatible with Windows 7. If this is not a second-hand, you will get a voucher to upgrade to the current version Cubase LE 9. I would recommend you to do so (if you are not using 32-bit Windows) to get the up-to-date and fully supported Cubase version, which also supports Windows 10.
I registered an old AI 4 license wanting to upgrade it to AI 9 using the voucher, but I don't see a vouchers tab in MySteinberg, is it because the license is second hand?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

If the License is second-hand, you have to get it to your MySteinberg account first. There is a Knowledge Base article on the Steinberg page, how to sell Steinberg software (or something like this). Search for it, and follow the steps, please.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Mijanou

Post by Mijanou »

Sorry to ask, but I have Cubase LE5, it came with my ZOOM R16 and my old computer (VISTA) crashed so I´m putting the program on a windows 7 laptop but I don't seem to see any voucher no where. I cant record with the new installation, I imported wave files but no sound comes out even knowing I can play music on other devices like CD player or internet. Also when I stop the recording the empty but visible tracks just disappear. Can it work without the upgrade? Can I get the upgrade? Thank you.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

If the empty part dialed disappears, it means it was a MIDI Part without MIDI data. So you probably created MIDI or Instrument track, but no data came in b

So you want to record MIDI or Audio?

Make sure correct ASIO driver is selected in the Device Setup.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Mijanou

Post by Mijanou »

Thanks Martin

I really appreciate your reply.
I´ve been working on it for 3 or more days now but no luck. I want to record Audio. In the device setup Zoom shows under VST audio system. The buffer size is 512, maybe that´s wrong? I changed it to lower and back again but no luck. I did re install Cubase but no luck. I added the tracks by going to project and selected add track...audio. I connected the different tracks to the different input channels. When I record the line moves and the space gets a different color like when you normally record but you can see no audio, just an empty line. When you stop recording everything just disappears. I used this Cubase for years and never had problems with it. Did I accidentally change some unseen settings? Should I re install it again? It isn't even possible to import a wave file and play it back. You can import it, but no sound comes out. I did check with audacity or this play back problem was because of the ZOOM but in audacity I can play imported wave files. I even tried some try out a test version of another recording program to record just to double check the Zoom is working and I did manage to record something.
The laptop is intel core i3 Windows 7...maybe that's the problem? Maybe a program is blocking Cubase?
I hope you know what's wrong.

thanks, Mijanou

Mijanou

Post by Mijanou »

Dear Martin

just to let you know i just managed to import a track and play it on Cubase, and even knowing I didn´t manage to record anything yet whatever doesn´t get recorded doesn´t disappear no more. This is after I re installed the software for the Zoom R16 without inserting the CD that came with it (even knowing the computer asked for it) I suppose the CD is out of date :-( So now i only have the problem left that there is no sound input. I'm going to check if i can record trough the computer system itself...just to see were the problem lays.

have a nice week-end!

Mijanou

Post by Mijanou »

I managed to record. The sound level is very low but I´m getting there. The problem was that the computer asked me to input the CD that came with ZOOM when I opened CUBASE and I suppose the program on the CD made problems. Maybe someone else who encounters this problem will find it usefull. Just download the driver from the website and don´t insert the CD even if CUBASE asks you to :-)

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Good.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”