Cubase 9 - Customer feedback survey

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
silhouette

Re: Cubase 9 - Customer feedback survey

Post by silhouette »

svenne you really do need to take the temperature down. If it is difficult to assimilate your disappointment, fine I get that. However the key to getting people to go with you is reasonable debate. The angry customer never makes a good impression upon the staff. It is also pointless being irritated by those who are liking this release, because there are as many different ideas about what would make Cubase perfect as there are customers. How can any development team satisfy that kind of diversity.

I am going to annoy you now I'm sure, by saying that I have not updated yet, as I have some important sessions over the weekend and do not want to be battling unknown issues. I do have some space next week to look into C9. Perhaps I'll be happy, perhaps I won't, but it will be me that decides based upon my own preferences and working methods.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 10 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 10.5 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 12 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335x2,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette x 3 - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

silhouette

Post by silhouette »

Svenne wrote: Let the rest of us who want to be able to go on using using Cubase continue with the discussion, without rants and insults.
Pot.....Kettle....Black?
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 10 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 10.5 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 12 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335x2,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette x 3 - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

fretthefret

Post by fretthefret »

J-S-Q wrote:
vinja wrote:My main complaint is the price.

$200 to upgrade from C8 to C9?

Wasn't the upgrade from C8 to 8.5 $50? Wouldn't the update price from C8 to C9 more fairly be $150?

This to me is a bummer as I'd actually like to upgrade, but I feel like I'm being punished for not automatically updating. It seems like a poor business decision and helps me understand the disdain other users are feeling.
I think they're trying to 'encourage' the users to update every time. :)
The updates seem well priced for the included features!
Not so expensive as to be painful and not so small as to hurt the future R&D at the company!

Besides that, I pay quite a bit more than $99 to Slate Digital for an annual plugin subscription not even mentioning the very high cost of the Waves plugin update plan !
So compared to other offerings in the market it is probably even slightly under priced, which as a customer my wallet and bank account can appreciate !
Cubase Pro 10.5, FL Studio 20, Ableton Live Suite 10.1,Harrison Mixbus 32c, UAD Apollo x series, UR44, UR28m, SSL, Native Instruments Komplete ultimate, NI Maschine Studio, Xfer Records Serum, Lennar Digital Sylenth1, reFx Nexus3, Reveal Sound Spire, FabFilter, Soundtoys, Lexicon PCM, Sonarworks, Slate Digital, Izotope, Brainworx, SPL, Waves, Cableguys, Cytomic, MeldaProductions, AOM, IK Multimedia, DDMF, Boz Digital, Antares Autotune, a bunch of other obscure stuff, TBs of samples, too much hardware to list... PC Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-5960x (8 core), Asus x99 Deluxe ii, GeForce 1070 strix, Fractal Design Silent RL2 case, Noctua NH-d15s, 64 GB DDR4 g,Skillz Trident Z 3200 RAM, 1tb Samsung 960 m.2, 3TB segate Ironwolf NAS HDD, 4TB WDRed, 2TB WD Black, Laptop: MSI Ghost pro GS60 6QE i7-6700 Skylake Win 10 64bit, Storage: 32 TB QNAP NAS Raid 50, 12 TB QNAP RAID 1

ZeroZero

Post by ZeroZero »

Two positive things | want to say here. Yes this is the best Cubase ever, Why? Because even though the improvements are moderate (IMO) and incomplete, what has been done are improvements. It also remains stable.

Having started working in the new gui environment it does make sense and I am finding quicker ways of managing screens.
Z
Cubase 11, 64 bit Intel 8700k, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM PC, Win10, Focusrite 18i20, British Rail sandwich circa 1967, a singing fish and an inert K9.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Zero_Zero

greggybud

Post by greggybud »

J-S-Q wrote:I think they're trying to 'encourage' the users to update every time. :)
Yes, a voluntary subscription. :D I think that is good.
The latest Cubase version, Wavelab 10, Intel Core i9 7920X @ 2.90GHz Windows 10 64bit, 64 gig all SSD drives (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050ti, 2 34" LG ultra wides and 1 28" all @2560x1080) iCon QconPro, Metagrid, 4 MidiTimePiece's = 32in/outs, UAD-2, SoundToys, NI, Waves, Arturia, and lots of hardware synthesizers most of them controlled by MidiQuest 11.

J-S-Q

Post by J-S-Q »

fretthefret wrote:
J-S-Q wrote:

Wasn't the upgrade from C8 to 8.5 $50? Wouldn't the update price from C8 to C9 more fairly be $150?

This to me is a bummer as I'd actually like to upgrade, but I feel like I'm being punished for not automatically updating. It seems like a poor business decision and helps me understand the disdain other users are feeling.
The updates seem well priced for the included features!
Not so expensive as to be painful and not so small as to hurt the future R&D at the company!

Besides that, I pay quite a bit more than $99 to Slate Digital for an annual plugin subscription not even mentioning the very high cost of the Waves plugin update plan !
So compared to other offerings in the market it is probably even slightly under priced, which as a customer my wallet and bank account can appreciate !
Yes, I think it's very reasonably priced. Certainly for a professional person who uses Cubase as their main tool to earn a living, $99 a year doesn't even register on the scale. Of course that doesn't apply to lots of people.
Cubase Pro 9, Win10
CPU: AMD Threadripper 1920X. MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Aorus X399. RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX. GRAPHICS CARD: Gigabyte GV-N96TSL GeForce 9600GT. SYSTEM DRIVE: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD. AUDIO INTERFACE: Steinberg MR816-CSX CONTROLLER: Avid S3, Avid Artist Transport

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf »

Svenne wrote:Some people never learn. Not even if a mountain is dropped on them. The discussion with will lead nowhere. Let the rest of us who want to be able to go on using using Cubase continue with the discussion, without rants and insults.
Well, I belong to the people who would find it slightly out of place to even consider learning from people, who behave ill-tempered, pretentious and offending to a ridiculous degree throughout a thread, while imagining "a mountain dropping on me" (frankly, that one never arrived here), and at the same time calling for a discussion "without rants and insults". That sounds a bit like some spoilt child calling for others of that kind "to get a mature talk among adults". :)

I'm extremely happy with Cubase 9 after two days of use. I never had a better workflow with any Cubase version, ever, while getting used to the new UI. As a PC user I could never compare Logic, but what I said is also true regarding some other PC DAWs I tried over the years.

I can't confirm the rants about the lower zone "on notebooks" (what a silly generalisation that would be) one bit. The exact opposite is true for me: it's the first time I got a smooth workflow on my music notebook as well, with the lower zone being really useful. Could it be, that the different display sizes of notebooks in use simply play a decisive role for different experiences? My music notebook has a 17'' display. I guess I could even profit on a 15'' screen with enough resolution. And I don't regard notebooks with ultra small screens as well suited for fullsize DAW recording at all.

In fact I like and use all the new features on board. Do I see room for improvement? Always! Endless! But over the years I got accustomed a bit to a life in the real world of software use: with all the up- and downsides I meet all day long, all year long. No perfect world? Well, I for one know about a zillion definitely more important things to fix in this world, before a DAW upgrade even comes in sight!!!

I agree that the timewarp in the sampler track could and should definitely be of higher quality, and some UI features could be better there as well. BUT: to me it's just been fun using the new feature, within it's existing boundadaries: I can do a lot with that in everyday recording! THAT's what I'm really missing from some in this thread: even trying to make some good everyday use of the new features, before starting with the desiderata right away.

What I DO understand is frustration after lots of qualified feedback, like the concerns about the extensive efforts to gather user requests in meaningful ways, then ending up in the final result Steinberg opted for, with their limited resources, and a very limited list of essential updates. The more you care as user and try to give useful input, the more diasppointed you are if the resulting list has become that short. Still it should be noted, that for people like me the update is worth every buck, as far as I can say after two days of use - while not denying lots of useful stuff still to be done, and probably hitting some old and new walls anytime soon. ;)
Last edited by jimknopf on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vinja

Post by vinja »

J-S-Q wrote:

...and they really encourage you to wait 5 versions because the jump from 4>9 is only an additional $100. ;)

If they advertised their upgrade pricing structure as such I might have updated but I didn't really see anything I wanted that bad about 8.5. Didn't know there would be a surcharge for that. Kind of a bummer because I dig the sampler and I only use one screen, but i'll sit this one out and see what it costs to get to future versions.

kamalski

Post by kamalski »

ZeroZero wrote:Long time user. I was really disappointed. I was not expecting too much but I got less than that. When it boils down to it these are the features as I see them

1] Lower Zone: Can't actually see the faders in enough detail on a laptop (even when stretched), If you do this you can't see hardly anything in the project window which defeats the point here. If you really wanted a similar arrangment in C8, then it's easy to set up. On my dual 49" monitor system its superfluous too I prefer the mixer free. What we need is dockable windows - this is obvious and has been asked for since sx3.
>>depends on your style if you consider this a worthwhile feature. basically a Studio One rip off

2] Mixer undos. No saving of A and B comparisons, just the history, which is more cumbersome.
>>generally GREAT! but not something essential as multi track warp editing
3] Sampler tracks - a toy really, no ability to split the keyboard or layer- these very basic facilities missing.
4] EQ is this better than the Voxengo? Possibly...
>>who needs ANOTHER EQ??????

5] Plugin tweaks - are plugin tweaks, most pros use their own plugins.
6] Side Chaining - has been possible at least since C5.
7] Production grooves - free samples are everywhere. Ok we have some more.
8] Multiple Marker tracks - very welcome.
9] Smaller Racks - welcome.
10] Transport improvements - very welcome.
MIDI improvements - there are none that I can find, hopefully I am wrong?

The color scheme thing is simply awful it cannot be called an improvement, its dark and clashy. The posts here about it here are about how to turn it off.

MIDI is half of a DAW. As a composer I was hoping for at least improved expression maps - why on earth was this not ported from Dorico, which already has a slicker expression map interface?

Many of the behind the scenes minor gui's can be improved. Take the preferences or VST connections dialogues - why can't you see if you have loaded your presets? You load a pref, the next time you look there is a blank box. The saving of preferences is also cumbersome and must be done blindly without proper visual feedback. Why is this just left this way over many generations?

>>YES! couldn't agree more!workflow is in the detail!!
the most disappointing thing is that there is still not a way to warp across multiple tracks(other than quantizing everything. very crude!)! this is such an important thing for anyone working with drum recording. but it seems that Steinberg prefers to focus on the kids who are desperate for just "dropping things" into the DAW and go wow!
Again IMHO for a professional user new GUI features are often counterproductive as it requires to relearn stuff that is already hardwired in the brain. I don't need new colors, locations, symbols and gadgets. i need clear functionality that is congruent with previous concepts.
Vari Audio is still only usable for the crudest manipulations. i can not even edit hi violin notes as vari audio doesn't reach the high notes of that instrument. So far the most elegant and effective solution is to be found in Studio One's Melodyne integration.
Cubase is such an amazingly capable DAW but it also shows such shortcomings in some areas that do not match the ability that the designers are apparently capable of.
http://www.artofaudio.com.au
PC: AAVIM TECHNOLOGY PXS 6K
OS: Win10 64bit (update blocked!)/ MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7/ CPU: Intel i7 6850K - 3.6 GHz/
RAM: 32 GB PC4 21300 Quad-Channel DDR4/ GrFx: NVIDIA Quadro NVS
monitor: 2x SONY Bravia 42"/ 2x UAD-2 OCTO DSP card/ RME Fireface UFX

Razzia

Post by Razzia »

Honestly I wasn't all that wowed by the overview of what was added in C9, but I bought the update regardless because I wanted the mixer history, and I could see the usefulness of the lower zone, even if I kind of hated the mixer in Studio One (note - people are complaining about everything in the LZ mix console not being on one panel. I think it's ideal how it is. Not cramped like S1). After working in C9 for a couple of hours I am really pleasantly surprised by the way the new improvements and the new UI work together to improve the overall experience. I'm enjoying the hell out of working in the new Cubase, and honestly I feel a little bad for the Steinberg folks who put in all sorts of time and effort making and releasing this thing and are greeted by this angry mob on the forums. Of course that's the nature of the forums... You have maybe 10-20% people who are just here to BS and see what everyone's saying about it, and 80% people who are upset and here to complain. And of course most of the happy users are nowhere near this forum.

Anyway, that's my .02. If you want to voice an objection to it feel free to take a few deep breaths and... not
Cubase Pro 9 / Ableton Live 9 Suite / Ableton Push 2 / Novation LaunchKey 25 / Steinberg CMC-CH
Audient iD4 / ART Voice Channel
Win 10 Pro x64 / i7 6700k / 200 GB SSD / 2TB HDD / 16 GB RAM

kamalski

Post by kamalski »

thanks Razzia for reminding of a positive attitude and a civil discussion.
unfortunately the nature of a forum like this is to point out the flaws, rather than rave about the positives.
Cubase IS an amazing workstation all things considered. my personal frustration comes in when i think of the, by now, thousands of dollars i payed in updates (since its inception on Commodore64!) and still run into limitations in Cubase that other software has been able to overcome years ago.
And thank you to all the people who have to deal with the comments in the forums and have to separate the crap from the pearls.
http://www.artofaudio.com.au
PC: AAVIM TECHNOLOGY PXS 6K
OS: Win10 64bit (update blocked!)/ MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7/ CPU: Intel i7 6850K - 3.6 GHz/
RAM: 32 GB PC4 21300 Quad-Channel DDR4/ GrFx: NVIDIA Quadro NVS
monitor: 2x SONY Bravia 42"/ 2x UAD-2 OCTO DSP card/ RME Fireface UFX

Razzia

Post by Razzia »

kamalski wrote:thanks Razzia for reminding of a positive attitude and a civil discussion.
my personal frustration comes in when i think of the, by now, thousands of dollars i payed in updates (since its inception on Commodore64!) and still run into limitations in Cubase that other software has been able to overcome years ago.
Yeah, I feel for you there. And there's definitely some stuff in there that's archaic, but that's every DAW. FL studio didn't have timestretching until like last month. Ableton Live still doesn't really have audio editing, loop record, or comping. Last time I used Samplitude (around the release of Pro X2 I believe) only like 4 mixer slots were visible, and the rest you had to dive into a crappy black-on-white menu to see and reorder with an arrow button.

Believe me, there are things about it that I dislike intensely. But I've been through my share of DAWs by now. I'm fairly sure it doesn't get much better than this, if any.

Unrelated to the above response, but not worth its own comment: I'm really liking the mixer history. At first I wasn't so sure about having mixer undo separate from the general undo history, seeing as it's not all as simple as CTRL Z. But I gotta say, it's really nice to see everything laid out and being able to go "right... that's where I *knuf* it up... click"
Cubase Pro 9 / Ableton Live 9 Suite / Ableton Push 2 / Novation LaunchKey 25 / Steinberg CMC-CH
Audient iD4 / ART Voice Channel
Win 10 Pro x64 / i7 6700k / 200 GB SSD / 2TB HDD / 16 GB RAM

whitealbum

Post by whitealbum »

ctothel wrote:Unlimited inserts please! This is getting silly.
+1
If a re-structuring of the signal path is a high prio, so please work on unlimited sends as well.

btw, a new more detail survey is needed in my opinion (like the last survey)
The survey stated above is too general!
Cubase Pro 10.5 | Win10 64-Bit Professional | Gigabyte X99 UD7 | I7 5820K| 32 GB RAM | Geforce GTX 960 | 3 * 1 TB SSD | RME ADI-2 via spdif RME Fireface UC

Minimalist

Post by Minimalist »

I agree with a lot of this. What I really wanted to see was improvements for long neglected parts of Cubase such as the key shortcuts, macros, Logical Editor and MIDI effects. So many new audio effects and none for midi. By now we should have effects that combine midi and audio like the innovative "Arpology" instrument. For a time I was making long macros in Cubase but I found that after 64 tedious steps, the macro would simply cease to function. Why? Someone knows and I chalk this up to bad engineering.
ZeroZero wrote:Long time user. I was really disappointed. I was not expecting too much but I got less than that. When it boils down to it these are the features as I see them

1] Lower Zone: Can't actually see the faders in enough detail on a laptop (even when stretched), If you do this you can't see hardly anything in the project window which defeats the point here. If you really wanted a similar arrangment in C8, then it's easy to set up. On my dual 49" monitor system its superfluous too I prefer the mixer free. What we need is dockable windows - this is obvious and has been asked for since sx3.

2] Mixer undos. No saving of A and B comparisons, just the history, which is more cumbersome.

3] Sampler tracks - a toy really, no ability to split the keyboard or layer- these very basic facilities missing.

4] EQ is this better than the Voxengo? Possibly...

5] Plugin tweaks - are plugin tweaks, most pros use their own plugins.

6] Side Chaining - has been possible at least since C5.

7] Production grooves - free samples are everywhere. Ok we have some more.

8] Multiple Marker tracks - very welcome.

9] Smaller Racks - welcome.

10] Transport improvements - very welcome.

MIDI improvements - there are none that I can find, hopefully I am wrong?

The color scheme thing is simply awful it cannot be called an improvement, its dark and clashy. The posts here about it here are about how to turn it off.

MIDI is half of a DAW. As a composer I was hoping for at least improved expression maps - why on earth was this not ported from Dorico, which already has a slicker expression map interface?

Many of the behind the scenes minor gui's can be improved. Take the preferences or VST connections dialogues - why can't you see if you have loaded your presets? You load a pref, the next time you look there is a blank box. The saving of preferences is also cumbersome and must be done blindly without proper visual feedback. Why is this just left this way over many generations?

No sign of Dorico lite? Well hopefully this will be soon.

Improvements in the way Cubase handles RAM. So much of the time 90% of header samples loaded into RAM are simply superfluous - unnecessarily pushing the daw. When a track is not being edited/recorded most of the samples are not required.

I love Cubase, but it worries me that this can be released as 'major' update, its a minor update.

Please, look after your users, I would hate to see Cubase's reputation descend. All over the web, users are not happy with this release, face up to this fact, put together some proper improvements and release them as a free update soon, or face loosing your reputation for major innovations.

Z

jalusblu

Post by jalusblu »

After reading a lot of the comments I was cautious about installing Cubase Pro 9 :o
It went very smoothly - and as far as I can tell the GUI is better - easier on the eyes, especially reading inserts in the mixer.
I have always found Cubase to be a very subtle and flexible programme and continue to enjoy learning how to integrate its new aspects into my workflow.
:)

fretthefret

Post by fretthefret »

Razzia wrote:Honestly I wasn't all that wowed by the overview of what was added in C9, but I bought the update regardless because I wanted the mixer history, and I could see the usefulness of the lower zone, even if I kind of hated the mixer in Studio One (note - people are complaining about everything in the LZ mix console not being on one panel. I think it's ideal how it is. Not cramped like S1). After working in C9 for a couple of hours I am really pleasantly surprised by the way the new improvements and the new UI work together to improve the overall experience. I'm enjoying the hell out of working in the new Cubase, and honestly I feel a little bad for the Steinberg folks who put in all sorts of time and effort making and releasing this thing and are greeted by this angry mob on the forums. Of course that's the nature of the forums... You have maybe 10-20% people who are just here to BS and see what everyone's saying about it, and 80% people who are upset and here to complain. And of course most of the happy users are nowhere near this forum.

Anyway, that's my .02. If you want to voice an objection to it feel free to take a few deep breaths and... not

Raz,

also keep in mind that these days there are MANY marketing and PR firms that are paid large sums to troll competing products and do nothing more than b-itch and complain about them. While I'm not saying that is happening here at all, always keep it mind whenever reading any comments on forums, websites or other social media platforms, as both the positive and the negative that you read may be completely contrived for any product!
Cubase Pro 10.5, FL Studio 20, Ableton Live Suite 10.1,Harrison Mixbus 32c, UAD Apollo x series, UR44, UR28m, SSL, Native Instruments Komplete ultimate, NI Maschine Studio, Xfer Records Serum, Lennar Digital Sylenth1, reFx Nexus3, Reveal Sound Spire, FabFilter, Soundtoys, Lexicon PCM, Sonarworks, Slate Digital, Izotope, Brainworx, SPL, Waves, Cableguys, Cytomic, MeldaProductions, AOM, IK Multimedia, DDMF, Boz Digital, Antares Autotune, a bunch of other obscure stuff, TBs of samples, too much hardware to list... PC Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-5960x (8 core), Asus x99 Deluxe ii, GeForce 1070 strix, Fractal Design Silent RL2 case, Noctua NH-d15s, 64 GB DDR4 g,Skillz Trident Z 3200 RAM, 1tb Samsung 960 m.2, 3TB segate Ironwolf NAS HDD, 4TB WDRed, 2TB WD Black, Laptop: MSI Ghost pro GS60 6QE i7-6700 Skylake Win 10 64bit, Storage: 32 TB QNAP NAS Raid 50, 12 TB QNAP RAID 1

sasha-che

Post by sasha-che »

Vinylizor wrote:The best thing about this update by far (and you don't even mention it as a feature) is that those damn hover boxes have been binned. (I could have put some sort of emoji here but its not particularly funny)
Oh really? Do you mean those pesky rectangles popping up at the screen corners? If so, that sounds like a significant interface improvement!
Nothing.

J-S-Q

Post by J-S-Q »

sasha-che wrote:
Vinylizor wrote:The best thing about this update by far (and you don't even mention it as a feature) is that those damn hover boxes have been binned. (I could have put some sort of emoji here but its not particularly funny)
Oh really? Do you mean those pesky rectangles popping up at the screen corners? If so, that sounds like a significant interface improvement!
Yes. Very pleased to see them gone!
Cubase Pro 9, Win10
CPU: AMD Threadripper 1920X. MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Aorus X399. RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX. GRAPHICS CARD: Gigabyte GV-N96TSL GeForce 9600GT. SYSTEM DRIVE: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD. AUDIO INTERFACE: Steinberg MR816-CSX CONTROLLER: Avid S3, Avid Artist Transport

freejay

Post by freejay »

I'd really like to discuss some design decisions the Cubase team made in the last versions as well as bring some improvement ideas and the like, but this topic seems to be flooded with angry people so I will wait for a more fitting "moment".

Just one remark: I am very happy with the new version and was already playing for hours with Sampler Track and Instrument Audio Sidechaining: Great playground!
Cubase 9.0.10, UR22mkII, Windows 10, Online, Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, Intel i7-6700K, 16 GB Kingston, (currently) onboard graphics, ehm - anything else anyone would like to know?... ;-)

S4410

Post by S4410 »

My first impressions are positive.I like the improved workflow in the main project window, the mixConsole history is welcomed of course,usb hotplug obvious... Sampler i don't know if i ll use much,i had no problems with sentinel (maybe i was lucky?),Frequency is ok but have tons of plugins anyway. Owing Cubase, Wavelab and Dorico, i like the overall Steinberg vision and innovative approach and support it through the years. I 've never been rewarded for that loyalty though, and i must admit that 99 euros for this update is expensive
Last edited by S4410 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 Home | i7 3770k | Intel DZ77BH-55K | 32GB | Asus AMD 6450 | RME HDSPe AiO | Cubase Pro 10.5 | Wavelab Pro 10 | Dorico Pro 3 | iC| NI Komplete 11 | VSL Special Editions | Ableton Live Intro (rewired) | UAD-2 Quad

HP Elitebook| Cubase Elements

indiescore

Post by indiescore »

Survey is two questions have you upgraded and will you......guys that's deep. I think this update is fine, its more laser focused than others and not bloated with new VST instruments. I applaud the stability gains. Plug and play USB is a good feature. CPU efficiency, mum is the word? But, we still have track visibilty that doesn't work and we need video solution, video export ( a big request)..,,,please.
Windows 10 w latest update
Cubase 10 pro w latest update
INTEL CORE I7-4790K 4.0 GHZ + 10 % over clock , water cooled.
32GB DDR3 2133 MHZ
GIGABYTE Z97X-GAMING 7 Motherboard
Project drive M.2. Form factor , SSD
2x internal SSD, 2x external SSD USB 3

Raphie

Post by Raphie »

What's the current issue with track vissibility? I'm not aware?
Analogue Mastering
MSI raider X299 - Intel i9 7940 - MSI Gaming X 1070GTX 8GB - SAMSUNG 970 PRO 1TB - OCZ RD400 nvme SSD - 32gB DDR4-4400
Windows 10 x64 1909 - Cubase Pro 10.5x - Wavelab Pro 10.x
RME MadiFX and racks full of outboard

Everything you need to know about remote control editors

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip »

Installed. Hugely disappointed. I've disabled the Lower Zone - it's useless in its current format. Sampler track has promise, but has crashed the 3 times that I have tried to use it: upon import audio (twice), and crashed when I hit the reverse button. Groove Agent works far better for me.

Wanted bug fixes and got none that I can see after 3 days use.

More like Cubase 'pro' 8.6.
Hackintosh, 8700K / 4.8GHz, 16Gb, OSX10.14.4
MacBook Pro Retina (2015), i5, 8Gb, OSX10.14.4
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
UAD-2 Octo, Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt
Cubase user since 1989!

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial

Jem-55

Post by Jem-55 »

Well I'm happy. It works so much better than 8.5. I suspect dropping 32bit support has made it quicker and stable. Well done Steinberg for biting the bullet on that one and copping the inevitable flack.

New design features all good although I would expect improvements in the Sampler. Good beginning though.

noiseboyuk

Post by noiseboyuk »

Jem-55 wrote:Well I'm happy. It works so much better than 8.5. I suspect dropping 32bit support has made it quicker and stable..
Out of interest - if someone never was using any 32 bit plugins in 8.5, is there are possibility that 9 is more stable for having dropped 32 bit support?
Win 10 64 bit, i7 4930, 64gb RAM, 2x GT610, RME Babyface, Cubase 9.01, PT 12HD
Macbook Pro 2015, 2.8ghz i7, 16gb RAM

http://www.guyrowland.co.uk

Return to “General”