Cubase 8 Pro was not ready for public release

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
Rexgtr

Re: Cubase 8 Pro was not ready for public release

Post by Rexgtr »

I've read the writing on the wall and as a Cubase PC user I just downloaded 7.5.3

Many Mac users stated they had no issues, seems to be us PC users with the most CB 8 issues.
PS- I installed 8.0.5 on a fresh OS Win7 64 with a new SSD
i7 950 12Gb Ram GTX 580 Windows 7 64bit
Pro Tools 12.3, Cubase Pro 8.05
Eventide Eclipse, Kurzweil KSP8 + RSP8, K2600X, Integra 7, Axon AX 100 MKII, AxeFx II, Mackie 1642 VLZ3 mixer, Mbox M-One, MOTU MIDI Xpress 128

characterstudios

Post by characterstudios »

I have to say that it amazes me how many people need to come and tell us in this thread that we're completely wrong to expect software to be released in a more stable state. Two things about that:
1) If it works for you, go make music with it. What are you still doing in this thread anyway, do you have Steinberg/Yamaha shares, and are you afraid of your shares taking a tumble? I mean, why else would you continue to come here and lambast people for having a different opinion than you? Be assured that our opinion on the quality of this release will not be adjusted by the fact that it works fine for you.
2) More seriously though, it's due to consumers like you that manufacturers get away with releasing software in this state, and selling it as a full release, instead of beta. Apparently this is completely normal and acceptable for many.

Regards,

characterstudios

jokerone

Post by jokerone »

mixingmusic wrote:As I Keep Saying CUBASE 8 and 8.05 is JUNK to me........
Been using Cubase for 10 years and I'm looking for an alternative....

Any Suggestions?
There is a reason you and I are using Cubase. Its a bargain for what you get.

Pro tools is the industry standard. Cubase is used by many main stream professional musicians, composers, etc. because it works very well, has many features that Pro Tools users must pay for separately, but Pro Tools is the industry standard.
There are bugs in all large software applications, including Pro tools, but pro tools is the industry standard.

During his acceptance speaches for his Grammys, Oscars, and Golden Globles, Hans Zimmer who used Cubase in all those projects, always mentions that Pro Tools is the industry standard. :mrgreen:

Did I mention that Pro Tools is the industry standard??? :lol:
Music - All your ears can eat! Zero Carbs, Zero Calories, Zero Cholesterol, Zero trans Fats.. ....

characterstudios

Bantam wrote:I don't see any more new DAW bugs than usual, less if anything are being reported.
Great (for you)!
Bantam wrote:If you say Cubase Pro was not ready or hurried then that's just an opinion to those who have their systems going and they don't see anything specific. Others are not telepathic.
I'm not asking others to be telepathic, or experience the same issues as I have. I'm not asking for anything from other users, not even empathy. I'm asking Steinberg to release software in a better state, or mark it as beta instead. Except for being delighted for them, I couldn't care less about other users that have no problems.
And you're right, it's an opinion, problem is that you don't seem to treat it like that, because you keep on telling me what I should and shouldn't do?
Bantam wrote:IF you have a specific bug then report it in the proper place. This is ok for initial report and steam-letting but if it's not specific it's not going to be attended to very quickly. And if non-specific complaints go on and on with no clear goal other than to rant it tends to get old rather fast.
Huh? Apparently you really have trouble understanding what this thread is about: The software feels hurried, there are many (many!) little niggles, and some bigger ones. There's no need to be specific about that in this thread, the discussion is actually about the whole picture. It's not about single bugs, it's about the amount of them, and Steinberg releasing the software in a state that seems closer to beta than gold.
Bantam wrote:You say problems with the MCU. (I think, if it wasn't you mentioned it, someone else did) Have you taken it up in the Issues department? There's a case for "General" becoming specific after a time. POGOTP.
Wasn't me, no MCU here. But I feel for those folks.

Regards,

characterstudios

noiseboyuk

Post by noiseboyuk »

characterstudios wrote:I have to say that it amazes me how many people need to come and tell us in this thread that we're completely wrong to expect software to be released in a more stable state. Two things about that:
1) If it works for you, go make music with it. What are you still doing in this thread anyway, do you have Steinberg/Yamaha shares, and are you afraid of your shares taking a tumble? I mean, why else would you continue to come here and lambast people for having a different opinion than you? Be assured that our opinion on the quality of this release will not be adjusted by the fact that it works fine for you.
2) More seriously though, it's due to consumers like you that manufacturers get away with releasing software in this state, and selling it as a full release, instead of beta. Apparently this is completely normal and acceptable for many.

Regards,

characterstudios
1) Why do you constantly come here to bleat about 8 when you (presumably) have a perfectly good working earlier version while you wait for your issue to be fixed? Haven't you got music to make?

2) More seriously though, I found the tone of the thread subject and some of the posts fairly obnoxious. As one of the mods pointed out in another thread, Cubase is coded by actual human beings (read their names in the About screen) , all no doubt fallible but working hard and bringing us class-leading features. As many others have pointed out, no software version is perfect right out of the gate, and anyone assuming so does need a reality check. Actually I found 8.0.0 amazingly usable for a very first version - some irritations and quirks for sure, but nothing showstopping. I was expecting to dip my toe in the water then retreat back to something more solid, but I never did. Try being a Pro Tools user if you want to experience something made by a company that really does not seem to care about its users, who let genuinely debilitating bugs drag on not for weeks or months, but years. I guesstimate it was 18 months til PT11 worked reliably with video playback - from Avid, market leaders in digital video. And still it randomly freezes for me from time to time. Oh, and if HD users don't pay $600 every year, their licenses are frozen and can never be upgraded in the future.

How do you like them apples?

So sorry if not all of us are ready to whine and moan and whinge about their 82 euro upgrade. Do I want Cubase 8 better? Hell yeah. Can't wait for VE Pro to work better for one, and lots of other niggles to be sorted. In answer to your question, that's why I come here - there's still work to be done, of course. But I'd rather catalogue these individual issues in the way that Steinberg wants, issue by issue, with replication instructions to give them a chance, nudge others to add their voice if they are affected by a particular gremlin. Rather than threads with obnoxious titles like this one, when many are using it perfectly well right from the get go (and I am sorry if that inconvenient fact irritates you). Think about it - how constructive is this thread really? What does it achieve beyond being a vague rant hoping others will join in and getting irked when they don't?

Ach. Maybe the news this week has brought a bit of needed perspective. Reading things like "disappointed doesn't even come close" when folks say that the mixer width isn't always remembered when re-opening a project (when the fix is literally one click and drag away in the zoom dialog) seems rather silly - at best. Steinberg sure isn't perfect - if I talked to them directly I'd probably not stop for a week about ideas I'd like to see for improvements. But I really do appreciate where we are now, where Cubase is next to their competitors, and mindful that the company is made of men and women with lives and families who are working hard to keep on pushing forward. A tiny bit of recognition of this and a slightly less combative approach from some here would probably be beneficial all round.

So from me to Steinberg - Cubase 8 Pro rocks, and thanks. And looking forward to it rocking even more.

And finally - why not. Je Suis Charlie.
Win 10 64 bit, i7 4930, 64gb RAM, 2x GT610, RME Babyface, Cubase 9.01, PT 12HD
Macbook Pro 2015, 2.8ghz i7, 16gb RAM

http://www.guyrowland.co.uk

Bantam

Post by Bantam »

Huh? Apparently you really have trouble understanding what this thread is about: The software feels hurried, there are many (many!) little niggles, and some bigger ones. There's no need to be specific about that in this thread, the discussion is actually about the whole picture. It's not about single bugs, it's about the amount of them, and Steinberg releasing the software in a state that seems closer to beta than gold.
If there's no specific niggles then what's the point. Cubase is SOLID at this end and many others report a solid release as well.
I would say that it is a hard time to develop for components and systems and probably usage is moving along too so I'll have to allow that I'm luckier than you are in my component choice and usage.
However, to dismiss another point of view and say the problem is of the "no need to be specific" variety then I'm afraid you might well be given short shrift for support on that ticket and all the thread will do is die of grizzling by those who don't know what the fuss is about and those who say "there's loads of problems!" without being able to outline anything even remotely specific when asked what's up.
The software doesn't feel hurried to me, it feels just like any other version. Newish, few teething problems (technical term used for new stuff) and a bug or two.
If you gave a few system details it might give others a clue as to what's bothering you, and forum members, mods and devs might spot that you have a component or software that needs the odd tweak here and there.
Think about it - how constructive is this thread really? What does it achieve beyond being a vague rant hoping others will join in and getting irked when they don't?
Yep.
i7 3.20gHz; 16gig ram; Win 8.1; Asus z87-k mother.

characterstudios

noiseboyuk wrote:1) Why do you constantly come here to bleat about 8 when you (presumably) have a perfectly good working earlier version while you wait for your issue to be fixed? Haven't you got music to make?
* I don't "constantly come here to bleat about 8" - check and read my post history please. I'm having a discussion in a thread that interests me, because I have a similar experience.
* Previous version is workable enough, but certainly not perfect.
* Still making music too.
noiseboyuk wrote:2) More seriously though, I found the tone of the thread subject and some of the posts fairly obnoxious. As one of the mods pointed out in another thread, Cubase is coded by actual human beings (read their names in the About screen) , all no doubt fallible but working hard and bringing us class-leading features. As many others have pointed out, no software version is perfect right out of the gate, and anyone assuming so does need a reality check.
Never said I expected perfect, actually pointed that out explicitly. I do expect better though. In regards to the actual human beings: Yes, that's why we're trying to have a discussion about this, it's called communication. There's no need to give additional thanks prior to having this discussion, I already gave thanks with my wallet when I bought 8.0.
noiseboyuk wrote:Actually I found 8.0.0 amazingly usable for a very first version - some irritations and quirks for sure, but nothing showstopping. I was expecting to dip my toe in the water then retreat back to something more solid, but I never did. Try being a Pro Tools user if you want to experience something made by a company that really does not seem to care about its users, who let genuinely debilitating bugs drag on not for weeks or months, but years. I guesstimate it was 18 months til PT11 worked reliably with video playback - from Avid, market leaders in digital video. And still it randomly freezes for me from time to time. Oh, and if HD users don't pay $600 every year, their licenses are frozen and can never be upgraded in the future.

How do you like them apples?
You're talking pears here. I am a regular PT user too, I'm very well aware of what's going on in that space. But in no way is the state of PT an excuse for Steinberg. Also, I was clear to state that this Cubase release is the one that feels worse to me, compared to past experiences.
noiseboyuk wrote:So sorry if not all of us are ready to whine and moan and whinge about their 82 euro upgrade.
I appreciate that, but then again, you weren't asked to whine with me. And that's even assuming that I'm 'whining' - I don't think I am, I think I've actually been pretty reasonable so far.
noiseboyuk wrote:In answer to your question, that's why I come here - there's still work to be done, of course. But I'd rather catalogue these individual issues in the way that Steinberg wants, issue by issue, with replication instructions to give them a chance, nudge others to add their voice if they are affected by a particular gremlin.
But this thread is not about fixing individual issues. It's about the whole picture. Yes, we all have to work on communicating the issues the way Steinberg wants, I fully agree.
noiseboyuk wrote:...when many are using it perfectly well right from the get go (and I am sorry if that inconvenient fact irritates you).
It doesn't irritate me what-so-ever, not sure how you got that impression.
noiseboyuk wrote:Think about it - how constructive is this thread really? What does it achieve beyond being a vague rant hoping others will join in and getting irked when they don't?
Seriously good point. Of course this thread could be constructive, I've already tried to discuss with others here how to improve this in the future: Official beta program, mark a release for what it is, transparency. It would be nice if we could discuss those points, instead of having to continuously be lambasted for even trying to talk about it.
This thread is about "Cubase being released early". Points that I consider relevant/constructive to that topic are the following points:
* Yes, I agree, I feel the same.
* No, I don't agree, I don't feel the same.
* What can we agree on to do about it.
* What do we expect from Steinberg.
Points that I consider irrelevant/nonconstructive to that discussion are:
* You're whining.
* This is not a constructive discussion, we should just log single bugs.
* You're crazy to expect it to be better.

I'd gladly talk about the relevant points, but what I see most is folks coming in and dismissing those points with the points I consider irrelevant. Although, I'm always willing to learn, so maybe you can logically explain why the latter 3 points would be relevant to this discussion?
noiseboyuk wrote:Ach. Maybe the news this week has brought a bit of needed perspective. Reading things like "disappointed doesn't even come close" when folks say that the mixer width isn't always remembered when re-opening a project (when the fix is literally one click and drag away in the zoom dialog) seems rather silly - at best. Steinberg sure isn't perfect - if I talked to them directly I'd probably not stop for a week about ideas I'd like to see for improvements. But I really do appreciate where we are now, where Cubase is next to their competitors, and mindful that the company is made of men and women with lives and families who are working hard to keep on pushing forward. A tiny bit of recognition of this and a slightly less combative approach from some here would probably be beneficial all round.

So from me to Steinberg - Cubase 8 Pro rocks, and thanks. And looking forward to it rocking even more.

And finally - why not. Je Suis Charlie.
While I agree with the sentiment of perspective, the logical conclusion is then that there should be no reason to lambaste people that want to discuss (what they consider to be) the relevant points to this topic? In fact, the perspective should have thought us that it's fine to have people discuss the thing they want to discuss. You seem to be indicating that that might not be your opinion, in which case your last point could be considered to be hypocritical.

Regards,

characterstudios

characterstudios

Bantam wrote:If there's no specific niggles then what's the point. Cubase is SOLID at this end and many others report a solid release as well.
Excellent for you and others. It's not my experience. The point is that if you only discuss single bugs, you might miss addressing the bigger picture. This is a discussion about that bigger picture, and I've tried to have it in a positive way, but some keep coming back and tell me that I'm not allowed to have that discussion that way.
Bantam wrote:I would say that it is a hard time to develop for components and systems and probably usage is moving along too so I'll have to allow that I'm luckier than you are in my component choice and usage.
Maybe it's luck. Maybe it's usage.
Bantam wrote:However, to dismiss another point of view and say the problem is of the "no need to be specific" variety then I'm afraid you might well be given short shrift for support on that ticket and all the thread will do is die of grizzling by those who don't know what the fuss is about and those who say "there's loads of problems!" without being able to outline anything even remotely specific when asked what's up.
I didn't dismiss a point of view. But since when are single issues relevant to a discussion about overall quality? Discussing those single issues would only detract from discussing that bigger picture. Mind you too that the dismissing started with the thread-starter, others, myself being told that we shouldn't have this discussion in the first place.
Bantam wrote:The software doesn't feel hurried to me, it feels just like any other version. Newish, few teething problems (technical term used for new stuff) and a bug or two.
If you gave a few system details it might give others a clue as to what's bothering you, and forum members, mods and devs might spot that you have a component or software that needs the odd tweak here and there.
These are items I've brought up participating in threads about specific issues. I was trying to have a discussion with people that feel the same as I do about this release (or people that appreciate the discussion about overall quality/timing of release, and what can be done about it), even though they might have a different set of niggles to deal with.

Anyway, it's clear that we're divided on this, so probably not much use in continuing the discussion about how this should be approached. You don't have the same issues, and as such your experience and frame of reference to have this discussion is different than mine. Based on that, your input has not been very relevant to the discussion I'm actually trying to have. I've tried to explain that, but it doesn't seem to go anywhere, which is fine.
Respectfully, I'm not dismissing your viewpoints, they're just irrelevant for the discussion I need to have. I'd gladly go for a beer with you one day and talk other topics :)

Regards,

characterstudios

BasariStudios

Post by BasariStudios »

There is not point of view here, its harsh facts. A guy who opens Cubase once a week
and creates 1 instrument track and plays with it can not tell some of us about bugs and
problems, people who make living with it or who use it 18 hours a day to the max.
Yea, works good for them? Great? That means they know nothing about nor they use it
as some others are using it...see then if bugs and problems don't pop out.
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL. 2 850 PRO 256GB SSDs. 1 850 EVO 1TB SSD. Acustica: Nebula Server 3 Ultimate (1.4.009), Murano, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Ochre and RED EQ.

greggybud

Post by greggybud »

noiseboyuk wrote: Actually I found 8.0.0 amazingly usable for a very first version - some irritations and quirks for sure, but nothing showstopping.
I think anyone using MCU will disagree with you and say it's definitely showstopping because they can't use their hardware with C8. Yes, you can go back to 7.5. I'm sure it will be fixed...eventually. But again, IMO this issue is big enough to say "lets not release Cubase8 until we fix MCU...especially since we are calling it PRO." Same goes for when they released C7...IMO just too many GUI issues with the mix console, and ZERO mix console key commands. These issues do not attract pro users. Of course like usual the the solution was to go back to C6.5. :lol:

For the casual or new user C8 might work fine. But why proclaim that when basic features like MCU don't work? Just because it almost works fine for a user who isn't using MCU doesn't negate the title post of this topic..Cubase8 not ready for public release. It's all a gray area about when something is ready for release, but IMO they passed that gray area by knowingly releasing it with MCU not working.

My point is, at some point this widely accepted concept "expect a .0 release that will have lots of bugs and don't buy or use until .5" will only encourage Steinberg and other DAW builders to continue this pattern of releasing things they know don't work, such as MCU. They won't change that pattern until they see a decrease in .0 sales or continued negative feedback that harms their reputation. I would guess Yamaha is sensitive to both.

I find 8.0 to be amazingly encouraging because of focus on basic DAW functions, and workflow....even if all this stuff doesn't work properly right now! :lol: VCA's, render in place...all have problems. With the exception of Bass Amp, and Groove Agent improvements, they didn't try to compete with 3rd parties. By 8.5 if Steinberg can overcome these huge obstacles, it's going to be a great release. But they haven an awful lot to work on to make that happen. What I fear is a repeat of the past which is fix most but not enough issues before C9 is released.
The latest Cubase version, Wavelab 10, Intel Core i9 7920X @ 2.90GHz Windows 10 64bit, 64 gig all SSD drives (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050ti, 2 34" LG ultra wides and 1 28" all @2560x1080) iCon QconPro, Metagrid, 4 MidiTimePiece's = 32in/outs, UAD-2, SoundToys, NI, Waves, Arturia, and lots of hardware synthesizers most of them controlled by MidiQuest 11.

greggybud

Post by greggybud »

Bantam wrote: If there's no specific niggles then what's the point. Cubase is SOLID at this end and many others report a solid release as well.
I would say that it is a hard time to develop for components and systems and probably usage is moving along too so I'll have to allow that I'm luckier than you are in my component choice and usage.
However, to dismiss another point of view and say the problem is of the "no need to be specific" variety then I'm afraid you might well be given short shrift for support on that ticket and all the thread will do is die of grizzling by those who don't know what the fuss is about and those who say "there's loads of problems!" without being able to outline anything even remotely specific when asked what's up.
The software doesn't feel hurried to me, it feels just like any other version. Newish, few teething problems (technical term used for new stuff) and a bug or two.
I disagree completely. Cubase8 is far from "SOLID" The documentation is in the "Issues, collected issues, and solved issues forums. The sad thing is there are a lot of issues that should be moved to "collected" but they have not done it for some unknown reason. The following has nothing to do with anyones computer build or components.

1. MCU doesn't work. Period. It didn't work with the introduction of C7 either. Can you attribute that to "Newish, few teething problems?" I attribute that to rushing out a product before Christmas. I doubt many professional users with external hardware using multiple monitors would agree with you.

2. History window doesn't work any longer with up/down arrows anymore. The function has been broken. How difficult is it to confirm this? It takes just seconds to open the window and press either the up or down arrow. Unfortunately the usual reply to this will be:

1. I don't use the history window (implies if you don't use it it's not important)
2 use a work-around (you could end up going back to a prior release or even different DAW with that concept)
3. why did you buy 8.0 and not wait until 8.5 you should know better. (see prior post)

Did I miss any other excuses?

Those are just a couple "bug or two" as you say, that personally effect me. I could list dozens more but that's not the point.
The latest Cubase version, Wavelab 10, Intel Core i9 7920X @ 2.90GHz Windows 10 64bit, 64 gig all SSD drives (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050ti, 2 34" LG ultra wides and 1 28" all @2560x1080) iCon QconPro, Metagrid, 4 MidiTimePiece's = 32in/outs, UAD-2, SoundToys, NI, Waves, Arturia, and lots of hardware synthesizers most of them controlled by MidiQuest 11.

characterstudios

greggybud wrote:My point is, at some point this widely accepted concept "expect a .0 release that will have lots of bugs and don't buy or use until .5" will only encourage Steinberg and other DAW builders to continue this pattern of releasing things they know don't work, such as MCU. They won't change that pattern until they see a decrease in .0 sales or continued negative feedback that harms their reputation. I would guess Yamaha is sensitive to both.
Exactly my sentiment. And the best way to get something done about it is to discuss it, and then come to an agreement on how to do something about it. I for one have no issue taking consolidated feedback and give Steinberg a call. (i.e. turning this discussion into action), and I'm sure another bunch of folks would gladly help with this.
greggybud wrote:I find 8.0 to be amazingly encouraging because of focus on basic DAW functions, and workflow....even if all this stuff doesn't work properly right now! :lol: VCA's, render in place...all have problems. With the exception of Bass Amp, and Groove Agent improvements, they didn't try to compete with 3rd parties. By 8.5 if Steinberg can overcome these huge obstacles, it's going to be a great release. But they haven an awful lot to work on to make that happen. What I fear is a repeat of the past which is fix most but not enough issues before C9 is released.
Same here, there's some really sweet stuff in 8, and if it would work great, then this release wouldn't feel hurried. But the tagged-on menu bar (Windows), the way the VCA faders were implemented, issues like MCU, plugin menus for some very widely used 3rd party plugins not showing... all these could have been avoided through better QA and/or UAT (and probably also with an improved feedback cycle in general). And then it would indeed have made that great dot zero release.

I for one can't wait until it works as it should! In the areas I love Cubase for, it's so far ahead of the rest that I'd gladly wait a bit. However, for the benefit of Yamaha/Steinberg, it would be good if we as customers could provide them with solid feedback on how this unofficial paying beta-testing program doesn't work well (for some). If the majority of customers is fine with a release being stable only after 6 months, and Steinberg decides that's good enough then so be it, I'm just not part of that majority, and would prefer to work towards a better situation.

Regards,

characterstudios

greggybud

Post by greggybud »

characterstudios wrote: I for one have no issue taking consolidated feedback and give Steinberg a call. (i.e. turning this discussion into action), and I'm sure another bunch of folks would gladly help with this.
Great intentions, but that won't work, trust me. You have to know Steinberg and their history.

Also, you have to be very careful about threads like this so they don't deteriorate between the resurrected Cubase fan-boys and obnoxious or irrational complainers...which will contain everyone elses comments in the middle. These threads often get locked, moved to the "lounge" or deleted, and the users get banned then go to Cubase8 gearslutz and carry on.... :mrgreen:

It seems to happen with every new Cubase release.

characterstudios

greggybud wrote:Great intentions, but that won't work, trust me. You have to know Steinberg and their history.
Understood, and aware, but still wouldn't mind trying. The best customer is the one that's critical with the goal to move forward.
greggybud wrote:Also, you have to be very careful about threads like this so they don't deteriorate between the resurrected Cubase fan-boys and obnoxious or irrational complainers...which will contain everyone elses comments in the middle. These threads often get locked, moved to the "lounge" or deleted, and the users get banned then go to Cubase8 gearslutz and carry on.... :mrgreen:
So true. Forums are not for serious business. Anyway, my offer stands, so if anyone feels like discussing this in a different way, send me a PM, and I'm sure we'll be able to organize something.

Regards,

characterstudios

Bantam

Post by Bantam »

I wonder how anyone gets anything done at all. Must be hell. Good luck.
i7 3.20gHz; 16gig ram; Win 8.1; Asus z87-k mother.

silhouette

Post by silhouette »

Pstssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
That's the air escaping from my balloon.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 10 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 10.5 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 12 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335x2,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette x 3 - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

characterstudios

Bantam wrote:I wonder how anyone gets anything done at all. Must be hell. Good luck.
Was wondering the same about you too, after all it's you that takes the time to troll a discussion that you clearly have no intention to add any value to.

Nonetheless, good luck to you too!

Regards,

characterstudios

curteye
External Moderator

Post by curteye »

characterstudios wrote:The thing though is, that people will start voting with their wallet.
Perhaps,

but I first started hearing/reading that: 'people will start voting with their wallet'
thang when SX1 was released and now seven versions later, here we are at C8.

When is this voting gonna start?

{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac 5K 4.2Gz 16GB
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

greggybud

Post by greggybud »

curteye wrote:
When is this voting gonna start?

{'-'}
The golden question!

I guess because for many there is no better alternative? In other words Cubase is the best tool compared to the competition?

walprods

Post by walprods »

I disagree completely. I've been using Cubase on mac since the mid 90s. Cubase Pro 8 is absolutely the most stable, mature and welcome update yet. I work in tv full time with crazy deadlines and am lovin' C8. No issues here at all. Great work on this one Steinberg!

CubeDAW

Post by CubeDAW »

walprods wrote:I disagree completely. I've been using Cubase on mac since the mid 90s. Cubase Pro 8 is absolutely the most stable, mature and welcome update yet. I work in tv full time with crazy deadlines and am lovin' C8. No issues here at all. Great work on this one Steinberg!

The people having all the problems are the ones who don't use a mac.

barryfell

Post by barryfell »

CubeDAW wrote:
walprods wrote:I disagree completely. I've been using Cubase on mac since the mid 90s. Cubase Pro 8 is absolutely the most stable, mature and welcome update yet. I work in tv full time with crazy deadlines and am lovin' C8. No issues here at all. Great work on this one Steinberg!

Not true, there are plenty happy PC users as well. (Myself included) I've seen issues posted by some from both sets of users though.
Windows 10 / Cubase Pro 9.5 x64

Rumdrum

Post by Rumdrum »

barryfell wrote:
CubeDAW wrote:

Not true, there are plenty happy PC users as well. (Myself included) I've seen issues posted by some from both sets of users though.
It is a fact that the MAC has less model and component variety and thus it is easier to get software to work there. It is also my own experience after having 10 years with different PCs and now 4 years with MAC. I currently work on both platforms as Microsoft office is best on PC and Cubase behaves best on MAC. I know there are opposite experiences (confirmed in this forum many times), but all the feedback from professionals I have from both music business and design business report of less trouble with software on MAC than PC. The total environment counts. OS, discs and which software you place on which discs also seem important. The more complex it gets, the more the advantage of a more unified component world of the MAC seems to come into play.
Mac Pro - Maverics 3,2Ghz - 20GB RAM - 22TB Disc, Cubase 10 + 4.5 (on PC/XP), Wavelab 9, iPad Remote, RME Hammerfall RAYDAT, Yamaha01V96, and a bucket of ice cream.

noiseboyuk

Post by noiseboyuk »

characterstudios wrote:It doesn't irritate me what-so-ever, not sure how you got that impression.
Let me help you there:
Be assured that our opinion on the quality of this release will not be adjusted by the fact that it works fine for you
Sounds pretty irritated to me.

So to be clear. A thread is started boldly stating (not questioning) that C8 was not ready for public release. Some loudly agree. However, when it is pointed out that many are getting on with it fine - yes, very much including those of us who use it for a living - this is of no relevance whatsoever. Indeed, we are to "be assured" of its irrelvance. Ditto when you compare with competitors at 10x the price yet far worse performance, this is also brushed aside as irrelevant.

It's the definitive point at which this thread demonstrates it has no value. Regardless of what facts and opinions are considered, it will not matter. Some folks here want a jolly good rant, and they're going to have it, inconvenient facts be dammned, and shame on us for spoiling that particular ranty party. As for the idea that now the thread should about turn and become more cerebral and analytical - perhaps starting with a less infantile subject header might be a thought.

I would love nothing more than to spend 2 hours going through everything else point by point (as we all know there's nothing more intellectually stimulating that reading forum arguments that spiral into ever decreasing circles of petulance after all), but I really must be off to earn that living.
Win 10 64 bit, i7 4930, 64gb RAM, 2x GT610, RME Babyface, Cubase 9.01, PT 12HD
Macbook Pro 2015, 2.8ghz i7, 16gb RAM

http://www.guyrowland.co.uk

barryfell

Post by barryfell »

Rumdrum wrote:
barryfell wrote:
CubeDAW wrote:

It is a fact that the MAC has less model and component variety and thus it is easier to get software to work there. It is also my own experience after having 10 years with different PCs and now 4 years with MAC. I currently work on both platforms as Microsoft office is best on PC and Cubase behaves best on MAC. I know there are opposite experiences (confirmed in this forum many times), but all the feedback from professionals I have from both music business and design business report of less trouble with software on MAC than PC. The total environment counts. OS, discs and which software you place on which discs also seem important. The more complex it gets, the more the advantage of a more unified component world of the MAC seems to come into play.
Indeed, but that doesn't mean Mac users have no issues. The fact is some clearly are. Some users from both platforms are having issues.
Windows 10 / Cubase Pro 9.5 x64

Return to “General”