Cubase 8 Pro was not ready for public release

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
Foghead

Cubase 8 Pro was not ready for public release

Post by Foghead »

What were these guys thinking? Releasing this with so many problems. You do know some people do this for a living and cannot afford to deal with all the problems that exist with this software. There are too many issues to even try to list them. Simple functions like render in place are worthless. Export audio mix down is another. Get it together or refund our money or something until it is ready for a public release. I do not like being used as a tester.
Last edited by Foghead on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will update DAW specs when I have the time to get more info.
But basically a rack mount dedicated system. Intel Core I7 4.6ghz,
water cooled, ASUS Z97, 32 gb ram. Windows 10 64. Motu 424 pcie card,
3 Motu 2408 MKIII,1 Motu HD192, Mackie HUI control surface.

Rumdrum

Re: Cubase 8 Pro was not ready for public release

Post by Rumdrum »

But here Cubase works like a dream. The only thing I am having problem with is that the collapsed instrument rack is not savable so it will open as "big" every time. Other than that it´s just a dream. I've been around since Cubase SE and except for 6 I have had them all. 8 is by far the best for me (so far). I used to be on a PC (tried a bunch of them) but to me MAC has proven less troublesome. Others have the opposite experience though.

And BTW pls write down your equipment in your profile so perhaps some members can spot any problem areas.
Mac Pro - Maverics 3,2Ghz - 20GB RAM - 22TB Disc, Cubase 10 + 4.5 (on PC/XP), Wavelab 9, iPad Remote, RME Hammerfall RAYDAT, Yamaha01V96, and a bucket of ice cream.

Foghead

Post by Foghead »

Glad it is working for you. I started out with Nuendo 3 many years ago, went to Nuendo 4 as well as the first version of Protools. They all had their bugs. I have had nothing but trouble with Cubase 6 Pro from the start. It will not open up on one machine after hours of fiddling with it. It works on my other system but still there are problems with everyday
tasks. I know there have been functional changes, and that maybe part of my problem, but some functions are just
not working right. I will update profile as soon as I can. Right now I need to get a recording system stable enough to get to work.
I will update DAW specs when I have the time to get more info.
But basically a rack mount dedicated system. Intel Core I7 4.6ghz,
water cooled, ASUS Z97, 32 gb ram. Windows 10 64. Motu 424 pcie card,
3 Motu 2408 MKIII,1 Motu HD192, Mackie HUI control surface.

Jalcide

Post by Jalcide »

After much deliberation, I agree.

I think this is a message marketing / decision makers at Steinberg need to hear.

(Frankly, it still isn't ready.)

I'm using it, not having significant issues (that I can't work around) and am enjoying the performance boost of ASIO Guard 2.0. Even still, I think it could have used another 3 - 6 months in the oven.

I get why they can't delay it though.

I just think they could have re-prioritized things and dropped a few of the new features to focus on stability, bugs and compatibility.
Last edited by Jalcide on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://soundcloud.com/jalcide

4 DAW Network:

Main: Studio One V3 (Cubase Pro 9.0.1 on ice until future update solves some issues), Win 7 64-bit, i7-4790K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Maximus VI Gene Z87 mATX, 16GB, EVGA GTX 760, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 on a Vantect FireWire 400 PCIe (UGT-FW200), CMC Controllers (2 FDs, PD, QC, CH, AI, TP), 2 NI Kontrol F1 Controllers, Roland JD-Xi, rtpMIDI, Bome MIDI Translator Pro

Node 1 - VSTi Hosting via VEP: VEP 6 (& Sonar Platinum), Win 7, i7-4770K @ 4.0Ghz, Asrock Pro 3 ATX, 16GB, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, NI Kore 1 Controller, rtpMIDI

Node 2 - 16 Channel Stem Summing via VEP: VEP 6, Win 10, i5-4690K 3.9Ghz, Gigabyte Z97MX, 16GB, Intel HD 4600 Gfx, rtpMIDI

Node 3 - 2 Channel Mastering Chain via ADAT Optical: Reaper, Win 7, i5-4670K @ 4.1GHz, Asrock Pro 3 ATX, 16GB, Nvidia GeForce 210, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, rtpMIDI

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Post by jaslan »

Every single time they release there are a few people who have issues and say that it was not debugged and that they are unpaid beta testers. Blah, Blah, Blah. It is the same every time. Meanwhile, there are tons of users who are having no significant issues. You just are not hearing from them because they are using Cubase and not the Steinberg Forum.
Last edited by jaslan on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

Barajevic

Post by Barajevic »

For me, it's almost unusable, and for sure unreliable. Just now, I worked on something for two hours, using mediabay intensively and cubase crashed. Windows forced me to close it, and after running cubase again, auto-save didn't help at all, I tried to use .bak files but everyone was from last save. I'm going back to 7.5 for some serous stuff because this one is only for trying new features :)

DLearyUS

Post by DLearyUS »

beta? thats being far too optimistic. this is barely alpha at best. live and learn i guess.
Cubase v10.5 Pro / Win10-64 Pro/ Tascam FW-1884+FE8+FE8 / ART TubeOpto8 Xpander

Rexgtr

Post by Rexgtr »

I've been trying to wrap my head around why they called this version "Pro"

Their software writers likely knew it wasn't anywhere near ready for release but faced pressures to have it available for Xmas 2014 ~ I'm using my powers of intuition here. :?
i7 950 12Gb Ram GTX 580 Windows 7 64bit
Pro Tools 12.3, Cubase Pro 8.05
Eventide Eclipse, Kurzweil KSP8 + RSP8, K2600X, Integra 7, Axon AX 100 MKII, AxeFx II, Mackie 1642 VLZ3 mixer, Mbox M-One, MOTU MIDI Xpress 128

garbagetruckdriver

Post by garbagetruckdriver »

I agree with some of the frustrations here, but it just makes me want to join the beta program to help improve future releases (actually contacted my Yamaha guy on this already). If anything, I wish Steinberg would carefully review their Beta Testing Program as a high priority.
FWIW - I have C8 and PT11 on the same machine. C8 is what I use by choice, PT11 when I have to. Honestly, every DAW forum is full of users lamenting their issues with the software. Take a look on the AVID forums if you want some perspective.
Hardware MacPro 8core & 2x MacMini i7 OSX 10.9.5
RME RayDat and 3x ADI-8 Pro III
Neve & BAE Pres, Royer & Shure mics, AxeFxII, 65Amps, Dr Z, CAA PT-100, '69 Marshall Plexi Superlead 100, Evil Robot, Mesa Boogie Siletto, Eventide FX, Steinberg CMC controllers (all)
Software Cubase 8.0.5, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Vienna Instruments Pro, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments Komplete, AAS Lounge Lizard, 8DIO, Toontrack & SSD4, Heavyocity
Guitars Suhr, Mayones, PRS, Fender, Gibson, Ibanez
Keyboards Yamaha MoX8

Kwackman

Post by Kwackman »

I wouldn't be a power user, but Cubase 8 works fine for me.
Cubase 10 on Mac Pro 6 core

Jalcide

Post by Jalcide »

jaslan wrote:Every single time they release there are a few people who have issues and say that it was not debugged and that they are unpaid beta testers. Blah, Blah, Blah. It is the same every time. Meanwhile, there are tons of users who are having no significant issues. You just are hearing from them because they are using Cubase and not the Steinberg Forum.
I would normally agree with you on this time-honored point (as you say, each release), but I think this release is different due to the number of bugs affecting either everyone (windows management) or huge swaths of users (hardware controller issues), in addition to the regular issues that affect smaller numbers of users (but that are disproportionally vocal on the threads, as you point out).

Also, I think the point is not whether the issues are significant (some are, some aren't), but whether they represent a professional software release.

It was an ambitious release that was, in my estimation, several months behind schedule. They had to make some unenviable decisions.

It had the fit-and-finish of not even quite a "pubic beta" grade release.

I'll say this though: If it was presented as a public beta, I'd have tried it and will still be using it over 7.5, because the issues for me are either minor, or have workarounds.

But I think it's fair for others to complain a bit on this one and not be conflated with the usual, "vocal minority."
http://soundcloud.com/jalcide

4 DAW Network:

Main: Studio One V3 (Cubase Pro 9.0.1 on ice until future update solves some issues), Win 7 64-bit, i7-4790K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Maximus VI Gene Z87 mATX, 16GB, EVGA GTX 760, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 on a Vantect FireWire 400 PCIe (UGT-FW200), CMC Controllers (2 FDs, PD, QC, CH, AI, TP), 2 NI Kontrol F1 Controllers, Roland JD-Xi, rtpMIDI, Bome MIDI Translator Pro

Node 1 - VSTi Hosting via VEP: VEP 6 (& Sonar Platinum), Win 7, i7-4770K @ 4.0Ghz, Asrock Pro 3 ATX, 16GB, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, NI Kore 1 Controller, rtpMIDI

Node 2 - 16 Channel Stem Summing via VEP: VEP 6, Win 10, i5-4690K 3.9Ghz, Gigabyte Z97MX, 16GB, Intel HD 4600 Gfx, rtpMIDI

Node 3 - 2 Channel Mastering Chain via ADAT Optical: Reaper, Win 7, i5-4670K @ 4.1GHz, Asrock Pro 3 ATX, 16GB, Nvidia GeForce 210, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, rtpMIDI

curteye
External Moderator

Post by curteye »

Aloha guys,

Why not just wait a lil while for the 'free' demo version
and see if that works for you?

{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac 5K 4.2Gz 16GB
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

profdraper

Post by profdraper »

FWIW, a clean system install on a formatted drive, followed by clean install of CP8.05 made 99% of the issues go away. Working rather well except for the buggered MCU driver & a little VCA weirdness. Same for niggles with other DAWs, auths, plugs & VIs. All tidied up and now behaves, took a couple of days, but well worth while. I usually need to to this every once in a while, while maintaining a clean test system on another drive before doing so.

FWIW, Render in Place and Track Bounce work perfectly @ 44.1k/32 and 96k/32. ASIO Guard 2 performs as advertised. I might add, that some of this was indeed problematic before a clean install and so I suggest that many of the problems described by users mix up the CP8 issues with that of local System /competing app /plug problems. Everyone's box is different & so the only way to try to level that playing field is to instal on a clean test system, and certainly before any purchase. Computing 101.

Mac OS X 10.10.1, Mac Pro 5.1 32GB. UA Apollo, UAD PCIes. 2 X VDUs
NI Komplete Ultimate 10. Pro Tools 11, Ableton Live Suite 9.1, DP8, Logic Pro X, FCPX, etc
MacPro 7,1 16 core, Catalina 10.15.6, 2TB /192GB, Vega II Duo
8TB OWC Thunderbay 6 RAID 4, 2TB Sonnet M.2 4x4 RAID 0
MiniMon 4k, Dell U3419W, BenQ SW2700PT
Apollo x8, UAD-2 quad PCIe, FaderPort 16, KK S61, Push
Nuendo, Wavelab, ProTools, Logic, Live, FCPX, Resolve Studio 16

Phaeleh

Post by Phaeleh »

I concur.

Whilst I'm loving a lot of new features, the fact it crashes every time I try and bounce anything made in the previous version is beyond annoying. I'd had no issues with previous updates, and only installed as was supposed to be having a bit of a break over xmas, but I'm in the middle of finishing demos for an album, and was really excited about finishing it with some of the new tricks in Cubase 8, but it's become apparent that's highly unlikely.

I may have to try the fresh install idea, but considering my machine has only ever had Cubase, Ableton, Soundforge and Audiomulch installed on it, with no internet connection, it's one of the most basic setups I've seen, without years of messed up registry to complicate matters, I'm not convinced that would help as much.

I've established that big projects run better if I load a small cubase file first. The makers of my PC have also suggested that a lot of issues are in the graphics card, (Steinberg have really stitched people up by making something far more suited to an unreleased OS), and recommended upgrading the graphics cards to something like the new AMD Radeon R7 (min 260 version), but I've seen people with similar cards complaining that they could only gain a stable system by removing these cards and just using basic graphics from the motherboard.

Would definitely be interested in peoples thoughts on this. I want to love this software so much, but when your management and label are telling you to go back to the older version cause you're *quiz* off 24/7 and haven't submitted any music for a month, there's definitely something up!
i7 3930k@3.2ghz, 64gb ram, Asus P9X79, Win 7 x64, RME UCX, UAD Octo…

silhouette

Post by silhouette »

What I find difficult to get my head around is the number of "professionals" who are complaining about Cubase 8. Many exclaiming indignantly that it's bad for business. I understand their disappointment, but what an earth is any professional worth their salt upgrading for use in their studio at this point in the cycle. You have to stay with what works. However if those users are just in the process of testing 8 and have no intention of using it with clients fine.

Much as I have sympathy for the problems that users have had (and I seem to have had a few myself),it was our own decision to upgrade. There was no gun to our heads. We have a duty to our own sanity to be wary of new software. We certainly cannot afford to be a hostage to fortune by being totally reliant upon it from day one.

Actually my main complaint at the moment is the lack of dialogue between Steinberg and their user base. I am not for one moment suggesting that they get involved in the forum debates. A locked statement at the top of this forum would be helpful - an acknowledgement of the main issues and a time-scale to deal with these issues - perhaps a general idea of their vision for this software.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 10 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 10.5 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 12 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335x2,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette x 3 - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

lukasbrooklyn

Post by lukasbrooklyn »

Phaeleh wrote:I concur.

Whilst I'm loving a lot of new features, the fact it crashes every time I try and bounce anything made in the previous version is beyond annoying. I'd had no issues with previous updates, and only installed as was supposed to be having a bit of a break over xmas, but I'm in the middle of finishing demos for an album, and was really excited about finishing it with some of the new tricks in Cubase 8, but it's become apparent that's highly unlikely.

I may have to try the fresh install idea, but considering my machine has only ever had Cubase, Ableton, Soundforge and Audiomulch installed on it, with no internet connection, it's one of the most basic setups I've seen, without years of messed up registry to complicate matters, I'm not convinced that would help as much.

I've established that big projects run better if I load a small cubase file first. The makers of my PC have also suggested that a lot of issues are in the graphics card, (Steinberg have really stitched people up by making something far more suited to an unreleased OS), and recommended upgrading the graphics cards to something like the new AMD Radeon R7 (min 260 version), but I've seen people with similar cards complaining that they could only gain a stable system by removing these cards and just using basic graphics from the motherboard.

Would definitely be interested in peoples thoughts on this. I want to love this software so much, but when your management and label are telling you to go back to the older version cause you're *quiz* off 24/7 and haven't submitted any music for a month, there's definitely something up!
please go back to c7 like I have. we need new phaeleh.
system// i7 4930k, w7 x64, c7.5.4, (c8)
audio// RME HDSP, SSL duende, audeze lcd-2, klein&hummel o300, adam s2x, lavry DA, avantone mixcubes, EL Fatso ...

http://www.lukasturza.com // http://www.snapmastering.com // music production / mixing / mastering [hybris, upbeats, noisia, rem koolhaas, czech television, havas, ogilvy, ...]

cubendo supercharged workflow ideas/threads of possible interest:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 81&t=63450
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 81&t=38182
my supercharged workflow videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ellGhSdmXfk

themarqueeyears

Post by themarqueeyears »

Cubase Pro 8 is working very well on my system - as was 4/5/6/7 ..... sheesh EVERY time there's a new Cubase there's always posts about how terrible it is, sometimes the cynical side of me thinks other DAW companies set about a slur campaign - even though I'm sure that isn't true - at least I hope not!

The better Cubase get's (and let's be honest Cubase Pro 8 - has THE most amazing feature set - makes Logic X look like a toy) then the louder the voices of DOOM get!!

Sure there are issues, there always are with ALL DAW's (all software) but they are documented and have suggested workarounds.

They get fixed - life goes on.

And "anyone who does it for a living" as I do - never changes software versions during a project, that would be unprofessional regardless of the make of the software.
Last edited by themarqueeyears on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mixingmusic

Post by mixingmusic »

As I Keep Saying CUBASE 8 and 8.05 is JUNK to me........
Been using Cubase for 10 years and I'm looking for an alternative....

Any Suggestions?
Cubase 7.5..Wavelab 8..Win 7..64..Intel i7-3770K...CPU @ 4.30Hz..32.0 GB

themarqueeyears

Post by themarqueeyears »

mixingmusic wrote:As I Keep Saying CUBASE 8 and 8.05 is JUNK to me........

Any Suggestions?
Pro Tools HDX .... it's almost as good as Cubase .... almost :-)

silhouette

Post by silhouette »

Any Suggestions?
Try 8.5 :lol:
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 10 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 10.5 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 12 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335x2,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette x 3 - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

peachy

Post by peachy »

Any Suggestions?

Yeh, Cubase 7.5 and in a couple of months the big bugs will be ironed out and you get a free update to 8.

In case you don't know your Dongle allows you to run the older versions and if you don't have the media just write to support and ask for the link..

Software on its first release is never perfect. Its been about a month since release and 2 weeks of that where holidays, have a bit of patience. I learnt years ago when you buy any software, just junk the CD and download the latest version.
Intel i7 8700K @4.8, Intel Z370 , 32 gig corsair RAM, Nvidia 1080, 4k monitor, Windows 10 64 bit, Steinberg UR824, Cubase 10 Pro, HALion 6, Groove Agent 5. SoundToys, U-He, NI, Moog. and 30 years of other kit....

mroekalea

Post by mroekalea »

:mrgreen: Well no serious trouble over here, I'm used to do creative work-a-rond like back in the days when I only had 4 or 8 tracks to work with. When sometimes things don't work as I aspect then I need to do createive work-a-rounds.

I do not say that C8 is perfect but sometimes work-a-round are the solution.

What I see that most newcomers shout harder then the rest, which irritates some members (shouting doesn't work, filling in a support request does have better chance).

This is my last post regarding this, I choose for now to ignore these shouts/post, only if written in nice language.
I'm one of the memebers who is irretated so I choose to point my nose in another direction if you all don't mind :mrgreen:
Menoj

If nothing goes right, go left!

Win10, 3930K@3.2Ghz, 32GB, 2 x DELL u2713hm monitors (5120 x 1440), monitoring: ADAM P22A with SUB8, Audient ID14 & Behringer XR18 & Focusrite safire pro 26IO, Cubase 9.5 pro & artist 8.5, wavelab 9.5 elements, HSO, RND Portico 5033, CC121, Cubase IC pro, Halion 6, GA4, VG2, Arturia Analog Lab, TRacks CS grand + all custom elements, BFD3, Amplitube 3&4 (fender, orange, SVX collections, slash), Z3TA+2, HSO library, many Waves plugs, Plugin Alliance plugins (BX, SPL, Maag & Elysia), NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, AIR instrument expansion pack v3, Melodyne Studio v4, Soundtoys 5, Lexicon native PCM reverb bundle, UJAM Virtual Guitarist complete bundle, SoniVox Premium collection, Ezkeys upright & Vintage Fender Jazz basses, Fender Bassman 100, Markbass TTE500 , FMC Neo 2128 cab

Bantam

Post by Bantam »

It was certainly ready enough for THIS public. Cubase is not written for the plugnplay, fastfood consumer. New versions have to be treated with caution. I wish this advice was a sticky for new users though.
It pays to wait for the demo while one works out from reviews and reports what new bits of hardware might be needed to make it all work.
If you pay for the program before the demo is ready or you have tried it, sorry, but you are a beta tester.

Through long experience I've learned that if new CPU and OS designs are looming on the horizon then there will be a new Cubase / Wavelab version that might need modifications to the computer and a bit of a learning curve to get it all to work. Bugs are a two way street. My system does the odd wobbler now and then and if it involves Cubase I can't afford to blame that entirely until I've traced the problem source.
While a forum and support desk can help there's sometimes no substitute for the old hands on tech approach to check out the system. DIY or hired tech, as vital to todays studio as in the days of analog.
i7 3.20gHz; 16gig ram; Win 8.1; Asus z87-k mother.

characterstudios

Post by characterstudios »

I've seen the comment about "try the demo first" a couple of times now. While trying a demo is of course a good method to check hardware compatibility, I think that there are at least two reasons why that doesn't make sense at all.

First off, I don't think it makes any sense for most people that post about the trouble they have, as they are already using a previous version of Cubase.
Trying the demo first is a very good idea for people that are going to purchase Cubase for the first time. But if you're a long-time Cubase user, then your strong preference will be to stick with Cubase, so there will be a moment that you'll have to switch to a newer version, or eventually you'll be in a situation where you can't use most plugins anymore, or won't be able to run the older version on the new OS you're on, or have hardware compatibility issues, or...
Using a demo first won't help with moving to a new version for those folks, where a stable Cubase without too many issues definitely will.

Second, does anyone here really think that a Cubase demo with the same issues is a good advertisement for Cubase/Steinberg? If I'd be a PT/Reaper/Live/SO/whateverotherDAW user, and wanted to check out that new cool version of C8 Pro through the demo, and none of my (often expensive) Lexicon, Eventide, Valhalla, etc. plugins with custom preset menus would work as well as in my current DAW, I personally would end the demo pretty soon and return to where I came from, that's for sure. And I wouldn't feel much incentive to go look back for a good while. For sure that can't be good for Steinberg. This might actually be the reason why the demo is slow coming. And in that case, all paying customers that have bought C8 Pro can indeed be considered as paying beta testers :lol:
BTW. Demos are primarily there to make people buy a product because they like what they see, it makes them feel empowered, it does what they expect it to do, etc. And consumers have shown that they have no problems investing in peripheral stuff (like additional hardware or software) when they really want to buy the software they demo.

From my perspective, Cubase 8 Pro really feels like it was shipped too fast this time around, more than any dot zero version I've experienced, and I've been with the program since the first version on Windows. And that's a shame, some of the new stuff in C8 is truly great.

The earlier comment about the beta program is IMHO the best direction to look at. With increased volume of testing comes increased data, come better product decisions. Yes, there's a cost to manage a more extended (or even public) beta program. And no, not all the decisions should be taken by the customer (often a perceived risk of extending scope of pilot/beta). But a wider beta program does force you to increase customer focus, and that can only be beneficial. These benefits are obviously for the customer (usability, stable software, great music!), but also for Yamaha/Steinberg (sales, customer loyalty).

Regards,

characterstudios

silhouette

Post by silhouette »

characterstudios you don't seem to be making much sense to me. When people say wait for the demo, they are meaning that the demo is usually released when the major bugs are sorted. Which kind of knocks a hole in your second argument.

Your first argument is undermined by the fact that all those users have a perfectly workable alternative on their machine already. Inconvenient and annoying even, but hardly a deal breaker when these issues will get sorted. If I had wanted to go will Pro Tools I'd be spending more money than I would like for something that looks a lot worse and gets even more complaints and the plugins cost more. Logic, a glorified Garage Band? No thanks! I'll stick with Cubase and I guess a lot of others will.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not altogether happy but I can live with it for a while because I know the alternatives are a) worse b) going to cost me more money c) having looked at and used the competition (with friends who use them) I don't like them.

Return to “General”