Cubase 5.5.3 pre-announcement

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
buttpt

Re: Cubase 5.5.3 pre-announcement

Post by buttpt »

Does this mean this patch will address;
a) The ability to load in Cubase 5.0 projects ? and
b) work with VST plug ins ( effects and/or instruments) that worked in Cubase 5.0 OK ?

I'm on Cubase 5.5.0 , and I don't see much point in going to Cubase 6.0.
So I would really like a stable and supported Cubase 5 please.
Cubase 8.5 Pro - Windows 10 64 bit -i7 6700K - Audient Id14 interface

Post by Guest »

buttpt wrote:Does this mean this patch will address;
a) The ability to load in Cubase 5.0 projects ? and
b) work with VST plug ins ( effects and/or instruments) that worked in Cubase 5.0 OK ?
I think you need to be a little more clear, but to try and clarify are you saying:

a) You have trouble loading projects created in 5.0, eg the same whole version number?

b) You have problems running 32 bit plug ins in 64 bit Cubase?

Timo

Post by Timo »

Hello Helge,

you and the whole team behind Cubase have my deep respect, because you are supporting something that doesn't earn you money anymore. I really wish more software creators would act like that. I prefer a clear language when I do not agree with something (see my HALion Sonic review), but I also prefer a clear language when I am surprised in a very positive way, so:

This behaviour is a reason why people should immediately switch to Steinberg products. All the others give a sh.. about previous versions, but the 'new' Steinberg doesn't. Just imagine you don't have the money to update to the very current version (and I think it's a musician's fate to not have the money) - you are not a forgotten species.

This really is a huge step forward. And a clear sign of having the best products around.

Kind regards,
Timo
Tanzmusik und Hochzeitsband: The Rainbows - Music & Fun

Post by Guest »

Hi Timo

I thought you were Timo of Steinberg fame and for a second I thought the update had cleared QC!

The best thing about this announcement; essentially what it means is users on xp/vista or older macs can gain more lifespan from their systems while planning to build new ones.

It's not so much the cost of the software as the update price is relatively modest one would think and as for new, well that may be out of some peoples' reach right now (coupled with new hardware and OS of course) so if new features aren't immediately necessary then my advice to users is wait for the update, as even version 6 has had a quite liberal batch of identified bugs allocated to be fixed and working on 5 will only contribute in a positive way towards 6 at least from a development perspective.

Cheers

Timo

Post by Timo »

It isn't my aim to baffle english speaking people, so I've edited my signature (which is quite funny from a german point of view). Many people can't imagine that two guys have the same first name as long as it is not a common one in their own language. I assume there wouldn't have been any confusion if we both were Jim or John... :D
Tanzmusik und Hochzeitsband: The Rainbows - Music & Fun

Post by Guest »

:) It must be the anticipation...

oh and the fact that we still don't know if the update will cover Studio and possibly essential.

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

It's a X.X.2 -> X.X.3 so maybe the anticipation would be reasonably low ...
More like a nice gesture.

I hope I'm wrong and some small goodies slip in before the doors of history forever seals the development.
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

Post by Guest »

Anything Steinberg can do to enhance compatibility into the future is most welcome considering they (devs) are the ones who are most likely to know what is coming on line in terms of OS changes.

Basically a precedent has been set and users would most likely be able to expect greater compatibility for their environments regardless of the current software version they are using, as the computer industry changes systems and hardware.

It's an extremely forward looking approach in more ways than one and as Timo has said, you won't get that kind of support anywhere else (except with maybe an instant messaging program) and as I think was inferred once a version number changes older versions are normally history.

curteye
External Moderator

Post by curteye »

Helge Vogt wrote:Dear Cubase 5 Users,
As you may know, our latest version of Cubase 5 is currently 5.5.2. To show commitment to our loyal user base, we started to prepare the final Cubase 5.5.3 update shortly after finishing the Cubase 6 golden master.

This final update removes the wet-lock from REVerence if used on group or fx channels. We have also improved the stability of both VST Bridge and CD Audio import, as well as resolving the VST time info issue with host-synced plug-ins. Furthermore, we added some smaller fixes.

We aim to release the 5.5.3 update in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

All the best
Helge
+1
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac 5K 4.2Gz 16GB
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

etchell

Post by etchell »

Well then, it's now about 20 days ago...
Still patient but curiosity kills :P
Main Studio System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - 1909 - 32 GB RAM - Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 - RME Fireface UC - Samsung SSD 860 EVO (SATA 6) 250GB (System & Cubase + 3rd Party VST(i))
Cubase 10.0.50 Pro / 10.5.20 Pro

Post by Guest »

Telogic

Post by Telogic »

Any news when its going to be ready! its nearly march.
Cubase 8.0.10 mac pro 6 core 3.3ghz 16gb ram,MR816x ,cc121, Novation impulse, access virus, krk vxt speakers, UAD2 cards, Wavelab 8.05 many many plugin's and some old outboard and synths.
Telogic aka Logicaldream

honkytonkey

Post by honkytonkey »

First at all - sounds like good news.

On the other hand - I am missing the fix for a quite annoying bug in Cubase 5.5.2:

The setting for the MIDI automation (R / W) is not stored (or not loaded) with the project.

Reproduction
1. create new project
2. Add a MIDI track
3. Assign a MIDI device for which a device panel is existing
4. Open the panel for this MIDI device and set the automation mode to "W" (red button is on ==> Track in the folder "MIDI-Geräteautomation" is added)
5. Klick on the "W" button, so that only the green "R" button of the MIDI Automation track is on
6. Save project
7. Quit cubase
8. Start cubase (in Mode: reload last active project)

Result: The "R"-Setting (green button) is off, MIDI Automation data is not read anymore (no "total recall" after reload) :evil:

Would be nice if you could fix that, too.

Regards,
Michael
ASUS P6T Deluxe, Core i7 920 2.66 GHz, 6GB DDR3 RAM PC1333, ASUS EN GT440, Intel SSD 240GB, 2 * 750GB HD, Win7 Prof. 64bit, Cubase 5.5.3 64bit, BFD2 64bit

TrevorG

Post by TrevorG »

Perhaps the longer we wait, the better the update! :D
Intel Core I7 950@ 2.67GHz, 3GB Ultra Fast DDR3 1333MHz RAM, Asus P6T, Konnekt 24D, Cubase 6.5.3, Cubase 5.5.4, Win XP(32bit), Midex 8, Zebra 2, Reaktor, Motu Ethno Instrument 2, Halion Orchestra, Stylus RMX, BFD 2, Groove Agent, Synthmaster, EZDrummer, Voxengo, Quantum FX, Roland SBD-6, Evolution UC-33, Korg M1, Zebra, Guru, Geist CM, Rodes and Neumann, T.C Electronic M1, T.C. Finalizer, Ivory Series Compressor, Roland Super JV1080, SPL Vitalizer, Hagstrom Viking Baritone semi-acoustic,Spector XL5(U.S.), Washburn fretless acoustic 5, Overwater fretless, Parker Fly. Dynaudio BM6s. Saphire 4550 Dual head graphic card, 2X ViewSonic Monitors

Audiocave

Post by Audiocave »

Can you fix this bug in 5.x? How to duplicate...

1. Make some audio tracks and assign them all to a group channel.
2. Go to arrange and put the group channel in front of the tracks.
3. Do a "Can Hide" on the child channels and watch the group in the mixer go to the end of the channels even though it's still in front of them in arrange.

As you can see below every time you use "Can Hide" you have to also go rearrange the group channel. It's before the tracks in arrange and after the tracks in the mixer.

http://dawsession.com/pics/corder.gif
Last edited by Audiocave on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Can't you make a post and link to it instead please?

Audiocave

Post by Audiocave »

Brains wrote:Can't you make a post and link to it instead please?
Not sure what you mean? This will be the last update to Cubase 5 so I thought it was appropriate here.

Post by Guest »

No images in sticky threads please unless linked to or attached (no inline images).

Cheers

Audiocave

Post by Audiocave »

Brains wrote:No images in sticky threads please unless linked to or attached (no inline images).

Cheers
Ah... ok. Thanks. Image embedding changed to link.

Post by Guest »

TrevorG wrote:Perhaps the longer we wait, the better the update! :D
Agree.

Anthonie

Post by Anthonie »

honkytonkey wrote:First at all - sounds like good news.

On the other hand - I am missing the fix for a quite annoying bug in Cubase 5.5.2:

The setting for the MIDI automation (R / W) is not stored (or not loaded) with the project.

Reproduction
1. create new project
2. Add a MIDI track
4. Open the panel for this MIDI device and set the automation mode to "W" (red button is on ==> Track in the folder "MIDI-Geräteautomation" is added)
5. Klick on the "W" button, so that only the green "R" button of the MIDI Automation track is on
6. Save project
7. Quit cubase

Result: The "R"-Setting (green button) is off, MIDI Automation data is not read anymore (no "total recall" after reload) :evil:

Regards,
Michael
+ 1 for this issue ! It is fixed in C6, I but I need it still in C5 too.
Cubase Pro 10.5 | Windows 8.1 64 bits | 16 GB RAM | i5 3.3 GHz processor| SSD 500 GB 2x| Steinberg MR816x | Steinberg Midex 8 | Motu Midi Express 128 | Fostex DCM100 midi controlled mixer | much hardware synths and vst plugins

Post by Guest »

Anthonie wrote:
honkytonkey wrote:First at all - sounds like good news.

Reproduction
1. create new project
2. Add a MIDI track
6. Save project
7. Quit cubase

Regards,
Michael
+ 1 for this issue ! It is fixed in C6, I but I need it still in C5 too.
Has a bug report been made?

etchell

Post by etchell »

TrevorG wrote:Perhaps the longer we wait, the better the update! :D
...or it reminds of a never released SX update :twisted:
But I do not believe SB does it twice !
I suppose it will be released around end of march
Main Studio System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - 1909 - 32 GB RAM - Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 - RME Fireface UC - Samsung SSD 860 EVO (SATA 6) 250GB (System & Cubase + 3rd Party VST(i))
Cubase 10.0.50 Pro / 10.5.20 Pro

Post by Guest »

Why would a company make an announcement that they would be updating legacy software and then not? :lol: :roll:

Revelaion

Re: Cubase 5.5.3

Post by Revelaion »

Ok, you have my permission to release it now. :D
Glenn Bucci
revelationsoundstudio.com

Return to “Older Cubase versions”