Cubase 5.5.3 pre-announcement

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
The dman

Re: Cubase 5.5.3 pre-announcement

Post by The dman »

Am I in the wrong forums? :lol: Very cool Steinberg I thought for sure 5.5.2 was the end of the line for C5.
Cubase 8.5.15 x64 Windows 10 Home
ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3/ i72600k / G.SKILL Ripjaw (4 x 4GB)/SeaSonic X750 Gold PSU/ RME HDSP 9652 / UAD2Quad// Alphatrack/ Alesis HD24XR

http://www.woodstockschoolofmusic.com/

http://www.davedaltonmusic.com

gravehill

Post by gravehill »

Kudos (even though I already got C6).

To be honest, I was half expecting to see this thread having turned into discussion about why Steinberg crew are terrible people for doing this and not dedicating their resources on [insert anything else here]. :lol:
i9 9900k, 32 GB RAM, AsRock Taichi Ultimate MoBo, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP with Win10 64 bit and Cubase 10. http://www.chaosresearch.net

Post by Guest »

Good idea really because the flow on will count towards v6 considering they are "essentially" the same app. eg full project compatibility.

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Post by Strophoid »

I'd be up for an update to Essential :)
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

gallenulenoir

Post by gallenulenoir »

Agree - great news - any indication if the "VST Bridge improvements" specifically includes a fix for the current problem with BFD2 (ie - C5 crashes on close for any project using BFD2) ??

I understand the same issue exists in C6.

Thanks in advance ;-)

dafad_dew

Post by dafad_dew »

Can anyone from Steinberg answer whether 5 Essential will be updated at all, ever?
It seems to have been completely neglected for a very long while...

Dafad.

Axeman00

Post by Axeman00 »

Well then let me ask you this...I am one of those that can get the cheap upgrade because of purchase timing. or shud i stay w/ 5 and get that update
Wetsno Productions
Where your projects won't turn into slush

Phil Schron
Your Guardian to the Signal to noise ratio

Post by Guest »

Axeman00 wrote:Well then let me ask you this...I am one of those that can get the cheap upgrade because of purchase timing. or shud i stay w/ 5 and get that update
Depends on your operating system.

JohnOnKeyz

Post by JohnOnKeyz »

I'm glad to hear it Steiny. I have been well pleased with 5.5.2, but have been considering venturing into some hobby video projects, so that would be a great help. Regarding the VST Bridge, I have to take an anxiety pill every time I think about trying it again. ;) Seriously though, I like this communication and attention to the customers with the existing version as well.

Out of respect, you've locked in my resolution to upgrade to 6 in the coming months.

I tell you, one thing I would really like to see is Cubase overtake Pro Tools as the defacto studio standard... simply by gaining loyalty by doing what you are doing, and the customers response by further investing in your products. Good business!

Cheers,
John
(Maryland, USA)
~~~ the Aftereffekt ~~~ - - - - - | | | - - - - - ~~~ Slyd Studios ~~~

Post by Guest »

please please please tell me they have fixed the mp3 tagging (on audio export) that they broke in C5 :)

Jovas

Post by Jovas »

Thanks alot for this, I really apreciate it!

Can you also please, please, please impliment VSTi sidechaining?

Danke!
Intel Core i7 920, Asus P6T deluxe, 3x2gb OCZ3X1333LV6GK, AMD Radeon HD 5850 1gb, 2x1tb Samsung Spinpoint F1, Focusrite Saffire LE, Windows 7 Home premium 64bit, Cubase 5.5.3 32bit

Luke4421

Post by Luke4421 »

Thank you! so happy about the removal of the wet/dry block for Rev on group tracks :)

obiwandk

Post by obiwandk »

hmmm seems like essential is left behind in the dust

Post by Guest »

obiwandk wrote:hmmm seems like essential is left behind in the dust
Cubase Artist is the logical upgrade and historically Studio/Full had updates simultaneously and Essential got updates last.

By the title of this post one could infer there will be no update for either studio or essential but of course this would need to be confirmed.

obiwandk

Post by obiwandk »

hmmmmm ok maybe it is time to get the upgrade but i think 128 midi is a bit low when most my stuff is done in midi but is gone look into it

Post by Guest »

obiwandk wrote:hmmmmm ok maybe it is time to get the upgrade but i think 128 midi is a bit low when most my stuff is done in midi but is gone look into it
It wouldn't be an issue if lanes could support separate midi channels aka the much vaunted and requested "multi-timbral instrument tracks" but this is not what this post is about.

obiwandk

Post by obiwandk »

hmmm i must say the 64bit support seems like a good reason to change cause of the huge liberies that is being made now i a days aka strings and classic

Post by Guest »

Well I mostly use external gear, so for me it is the basics that have most import and lanes allow one to structure projects effectively but if they had a function other than purely data structuring, then 128 would be no ceiling on what I do.

obiwandk

Post by obiwandk »

just made the math and it only around 8 fully loadet vst not a lot but it can do

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

Brains wrote:
Axeman00 wrote:Well then let me ask you this...I am one of those that can get the cheap upgrade because of purchase timing. or shud i stay w/ 5 and get that update
Depends on your operating system.

I've been running Cubase 6 intensively on XP x86 SP3 for a few days without any problems so far.
I initially installed it along side of Cubase 5 but have now uninstalled Cubase 5.

But, as I've said before, I'm not really one of those 'Power Users', lol!

Cheers,

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 10.5 x64 with jBridge | WaveLab Elements 10 | i7 5930K @ 4.6GHz (stable) | ASUS X99 Pro | 32GB RAM | | W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs plus 3 SSDs for samples and project/audio files | Fractal Design Define R5 case | Noctua NH-D15 | AMD Radeon RX 580 | Vox ToneLab SE | Mackie HR624 MKII | 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe | RME HDSPe AIO | 2 x 24" LED monitors...

EVNadelaide

Post by EVNadelaide »

Not very happy with the current version of Cubase 5.5.2 at all, But also considering changin op system and programs for future music production as I use lot's of VST's.

Will be nice to see if this 5.5.3 update fixes any of the little issues I'm having. . Not a fan of the USB at all. Mine has been incidentally damaged and still operates, but one wrong move....
EVN
Hewlett-Packard 3260AN - AMD Phenom (tm) II x4.925 Processor 2.80 Ghz - 4.00 GB RAM - 64-bit Operating System
Steinberg CuBase 5.5.2 (running 32-bit)
Build 637 (17.11.10) Various VST's Instruements
Behringer UMX-49 Midi-Keyboard

TonyB

Post by TonyB »

EVNadelaide wrote:. . Not a fan of the USB at all. Mine has been incidentally damaged and still operates, but one wrong move....
Buy a new dongle & transfer the licenses .. it'll only cost £12 or so & will make you feel much safer !!
I've done a transfer to a new dongle myself, and it was pretty painless.
| Cubase 8 | Wavelab 8 | Windows 7 (64bit) | PC Intel i7 | Motu Traveller | Halion 5 |

AlteredMode

Post by AlteredMode »

That's good to know there is a final update on 5. Not going to bother updating anytime soon to 6 as I can get by with the 32bit Mac version of 5 on my MacBook Pro just now till I buy my Mac Pro.
| Cubase 5 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz | MOTU Ultralite MK2 | Access Virus TI Desktop | Novation X-Station 25 | KRK Rokit 6 Monitors | Drawmer MX 30 | Korg Kaoss Pad 3 |

2BACH

Post by 2BACH »

Great! I hope this means, that it finally will become possible to import videos.

Thumps up!
Dell Precision Tower 3420, 256GB SSD, 2TB SSD, 2TB HDD, 32GB Ram and 3.40GHz Quad-Core i7.
Windows 10
Cubase 10 Pro
RME Babyface Pro
Steinberg CC121
M-Audio AxiomPro 49

buttpt

Post by buttpt »

Does this mean this patch will address;
a) The ability to load in Cubase 5.0 projects ? and
b) work with VST plug ins ( effects and/or instruments) that worked in Cubase 5.0 OK ?

I'm on Cubase 5.5.0 , and I don't see much point in going to Cubase 6.0.
So I would really like a stable and supported Cubase 5 please.
Cubase 8.5 Pro - Windows 10 64 bit -i7 6700K - Audient Id14 interface

Return to “Older Cubase versions”