Nuendo 5 getting Cubase 6 features when?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Matthias Adloff

Re: Nuendo 5 getting Cubase 6 features when?

Post by Matthias Adloff »

I think I'll switch to FruityLoops.
Signature has been removed.

Marsman

Post by Marsman »

Matthias Adloff wrote:I think I'll switch to FruityLoops.
Don´t do it. I heard there will be a Post Pro version of FruityLoops in the future called FruityPost. The price will be 5 times of Fruity Loops but they will lock out some of the music functions and offer them in a seperate package called "FEK" ;)

edit: by the way, there are three small editing features from FL I´d really like to have: the magic lasso and the scaling of MIDI events, also the possibility to view audio events in the key editor behind midi notes for aligning,
check out at 2:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH3YbnPX ... feature=iv
Last edited by Marsman on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuendo 7 x64 + NEK, Windows 8.1 Professional x64
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation

Antonio Escobar

Post by Antonio Escobar »

Marsman wrote:
Matthias Adloff wrote:I think I'll switch to FruityLoops.
Don´t do it. I heard there will be a Post Pro version of FruityLoops in the future called FruityPost. The price will be 5 times of Fruity Loops but they will lock out some of the music functions and offer them in a seperate package called "FEK" ;)

LOOOOOOL
Antonio Escobar
Site: http://www.antonioescobar.es
IMDB: http://www.antonioescobar.es/imdb

---
Nuendo 10.x / Cubase 10.x
Hackintosh i9 10 cores, 64 GB RAM
MacBook Pro 2017 16GB RAM, OS X10.13.6
RME Digiface Dante, RME HDSPe RayDAT, Steinberg UR824, Steinberg UR242, DAD AX32, 2x Behringer X32 (MADI and Dante)
Native Komplete Kontrol/Maschine, Waves, Softube, etc, etc, etc.
Dozens of analog synths and external hardware.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

I just tried to do some work in Cubase 6. It is not possible. I am not talking about the features, they are aweome. But C6 has the most annoying Audioevent-Design ever.

Please - when implementing the cool C6 features into Nuendo - do NOT use that "enhanced" Event design. Please leave everything like it is, in Nuendo it is awesome. In Nuend1 days the Event design was a main reason for me to purchase Nuendo - in Cubase VST it was quite nasty and in Logic it was not sample-precise. Please don't change anything!

I just posted this over at the Cubase Forum:
I am REALLY not happy how the new audioevents are looking now...

I am used to Nuendo 3 & 4 and here I have pristine sharp waveforms - in Cubase 5.5 I have great looking waveforms as well, I am currently in Cubase 5.5, recording and editing drums. I just opened a song in C6 and well... I spent some time tweaking those sliders trying to get the wave forms looking good. Good in a professional way...

It is impossible. And when Events are stacked you can choose from "don't show it" - or "show it on mouseover" - which is impracticable when doing multitrack drums - or you can set to "always show it". And well, then those Events have stripes on it. The waveforms are not full-black, instead of that they are melting with the Event background.

I can NOT work this way. It is impossible for me to do sampleprecise editing when I can NOT see what is going on.

I am not talking about "transparent events" here - it seems that this will be added later. I am fine here. But PLEASE add the option "use classic event style" or something like that as well.

Here is a screenshot. Its like walking in the fog.

Check the area on the right, which is highlighted - and now inverted. Almost impossible to see anything serious.
C6 Events.jpg
(340.66 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Christoph Brandes | Iguana Studios | Freiburg/Germany | Facebook | C9.5 - N6.5 - WL9 and lots of stuff like that | still originally registered in deepest 2001

guru007

Post by guru007 »

+1
Brandy wrote:I just tried to do some work in Cubase 6. It is not possible. I am not talking about the features, they are aweome. But C6 has the most annoying Audioevent-Design ever.
Nuendo 64 v5.1.0 | Win 7 Pro 64 | Xeon E5462 (2) | 12 GB

olamo

Post by olamo »

Yeah, freakin ugly.. :o

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

And where can I turn this off? Well maybe this will make thinks 5% better. Will not change much though.
Christoph Brandes | Iguana Studios | Freiburg/Germany | Facebook | C9.5 - N6.5 - WL9 and lots of stuff like that | still originally registered in deepest 2001

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Yes, that is deactivated. What you see here is that crosshatched background which indicates that there are other Events in the background. You can disable that, but then you are not able to see anymore if there is audio behind the events. I don't like that, I need to know if there are takes in the back... In C5 or Nuendo the Events are just "darker" when there is audio behind. Did you checked out C6 by yourself already?

Yes, you are right - in some way the events are getting closer to Nuendo - now they don't have that bar/balk anymore what gives us more room for the waveform. Like in Nuendo. I would love when it would just be like that. Not more.
Ok, that auto-mouseover fade-handles and stuff are ok, nice option, can make the whole thing little more cleaned up when having bigger projects. Cool. Maybe. But why not just keeping the old and straight forward design?

thedug

Post by thedug »

I just watched the Cubase Video and they said early summer!

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

thedug wrote:I just watched the Cubase Video and they said early summer!
Which video? Are you saying early summer for Cubase 6 features getting into Nuendo 5? That'd be absurd!...
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

thedug

Post by thedug »

Bredo wrote: At the Cubase 6 webinar Greg Ondo said that some of this features "may be" included in a free Nuendo 5.5 update, sometimes around early summer. He didn't promise :)
He even said it "might be free"

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Bredo wrote: I want most from Nuendo mixed with some of the new things in Cubase 6 :D

I also prefer the Nuendo way of showing selected event.
2 x YES - dito :)

Antonio Escobar

No news, bad news
Antonio Escobar

---
RME Digiface Dante, RME HDSPe RayDAT, Steinberg UR824, Steinberg UR242, DAD AX32, 2x Behringer X32 (MADI and Dante)

Antonio Escobar

OUCH!

thanks!
Antonio Escobar

---

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Well the interesting thing is also where this puts Nuendo v6.

Part of it is semantics of course, since it's just a number. But giving N5.x the same features as C6 essentially both gives us leapfrogging (whatever, SB doesn't care about that) and a numbering system that doesn't seem to make all that much sense considering they're essentially the same app (Sequencer) with functionality turned off.

Once again: One big app with turned off functionality would be smarter some of us think.....
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”