Please bring back channel type colors

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Chris Beuermann

Re: Please bring back channel type colors

Post by Chris Beuermann »

Hello,

Moved the topic. It is turned to a feature request topic now. The main topis has been discussed.

Cheers,
chris

S4410

Post by S4410 »

Chris Beuermann wrote: It is turned to a feature request topic now.
:? Unfortunately yes.A previous simple working feature turned to a 5 pages-long request
Beats me how you managed that!
Windows 10 Home | i7 3770k | Intel DZ77BH-55K | 32GB | Asus AMD 6450 | RME HDSPe AiO | Cubase Pro 10.5 | Wavelab Pro 10 | Dorico Pro 3 | iC| NI Komplete 11 | VSL Special Editions | Ableton Live Intro (rewired) | UAD-2 Quad

HP Elitebook| Cubase Elements

studiodaz

Post by studiodaz »

looking at the mixer I think the best solution would be to colour code the icons and track numbers and put them on a dark background this would still keep the new look looking very sexy and would help keep us dyslexic and visual impaired engineer happy.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

patcub

Post by patcub »

I think an option would be the best thing to do, I need the color to jump right at my face, if I want to see the group for the chorus vocals I need to make it fluorescent yellow so I can catch it at first sight. :mrgreen:

I need a way to put hierarchy in the mixer, if everything is at the same level, it's not good. Please make it an option.
Last edited by patcub on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaDa

Post by DaDa »

OK, lounged ...

Now someone has to close and redirect all the upcoming posts,
when the update finally reaches the end user.
8-)

bye, Jan
Intel Z87 | i5 4670K @ 4x 4,2gHz | 16gb RAM | 6850 silent | 37", 2x 24", 22" LCDs|
System SSD | 7tb Data HDs
RME RayDat | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 | Steinberg UR 824
Win7 SP1 64bit | Cubase 8.5.20 64bit | Samplitude X3 64bit
Sony VAIO | Intel 2x 2,4 gHz | Win 7 SP1 64bit | Cubase 6.5.5
Steinberg user since Commodore

Robert Kooijman

Post by Robert Kooijman »

Christian D. wrote:Hello...
Btw, regarding "Steinberg loves to have everything dark and grey": Did you see, already with the release if Cubase 5.5, that you gained much more freedom to setup the general appearance in nearly every color tone, intensity and brightness you wish, incl. reducing the Workspace Brightness to nearly black? That was a request for years. Quite a bunch of people love to have the UI toned back dark and grey - so that the events itself can pop out much better - if you like it this way.
Best regards,
Christian
Thank you Christian for chiming in!
Well, I'm still on C4 because of the IMO extremely annoying Media-Bay "always on top" issue that still seems not fixed.
Would be great to play with the GUI appearance settings in >C5.5.
Now if you guys fix the windows / docking issues that are raised in the forum over a thousand times, I would be more then happy to order the C6 upgrade and see the light again :)
Windows 10 X64, Asrock Z390 Extreme4, i9-9900k, 64GB 3200Mhz CL14 RAM , 3 x 2TB m.2 NVMe SSD, Fatar SL880 & TMK88 keyboards, Korg Wavestation & Padkontrol, DIY 8-fader MIDI controller using Teensy LC, Samsung 55" 4K & 2 x 27" monitors, Steinberg Midex-8, Cubase 10.0.40, Studio One 4.5.3, Vepro 7.0

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

Note:

there are also no channel type colors in Logic, Pro Tools...

:idea:
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

chase

Post by chase »

^
In other words, Cubase has now (temporaily?) lost one of the advantages it used to have over those.

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

That´s absolutely correct.

!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!

studiodaz

Post by studiodaz »

looking at some google pics of cubase VST and that even had instantly visible mixer channel differences that helped you find your way.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

goddfodder

Post by goddfodder »

this is clearly a pretty important issue for the majority.
Cubase 7/6/5/4 ~ i7 950 ~ Asus P6X58D-E ~ 12Gb DDR3 1600Mhz ~ ATI Radeon HD 5850 ~ 2T Samsung ~ Akasa Nero S ~ Win 7 (64) ~ Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ~ Yamaha KX 25, Yamaha KX 49, Novation Impulse 61.~ Yamaha HS80's.

chase

Post by chase »

a feature request
And if I try to get my money back from a pick-pocket, I'm asking for a handout.

DaDa

Post by DaDa »

more like a "don't_cut_feature" request
Intel Z87 | i5 4670K @ 4x 4,2gHz | 16gb RAM | 6850 silent | 37", 2x 24", 22" LCDs|
System SSD | 7tb Data HDs
RME RayDat | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 | Steinberg UR 824
Win7 SP1 64bit | Cubase 8.5.20 64bit | Samplitude X3 64bit
Sony VAIO | Intel 2x 2,4 gHz | Win 7 SP1 64bit | Cubase 6.5.5
Steinberg user since Commodore

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

The question is what they'll take away of our cherished features in the future...?

:(

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

Centralmusic wrote:The question is what they'll take away of our cherished features in the future...?

That's always been the question. It is ever thus!
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

JMCecil wrote:
Centralmusic wrote:The question is what they'll take away of our cherished features in the future...?

That scares me. Really.

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

Centralmusic wrote:
JMCecil wrote:

That scares me. Really.
Seriously, ever single release since VST/32 I've had to run through to see what perfectly usable and well thought out feature hit the floor. The neutering of MIDI and literally dozens of other things going to SX in the name of a "rewrite". Ever since then it's been a theme. Every release has a "why would you kill that?" Plus a "why are you working on that?"
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P »

As it says in Job 1:21; 'Steinberg giveth and Steinberg taketh away' :D

Luck, Arjan
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab Pro 10.0.50 | Cubase Pro 11.0.0 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

JezCorbett

Post by JezCorbett »

Centralmusic wrote:Note:

There are very clear channel colours in both of them. Yes, there are no 'type' colours, but Cubase 6 will have no colours AT ALL in the mixer.
Work system: Nuendo 8.3.20 / 10.3 | Windows 10 | AMD 3800X | 32GB RAM
Home system: Nuendo 5.5 | Windows 10 | AMD 3900X | 32GB RAM

patcub

Post by patcub »

Last edited by patcub on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

patcub

Post by patcub »

JezCorbett wrote:
Centralmusic wrote:Note:

There are very clear channel colours in both of them. Yes, there are no 'type' colours, but Cubase 6 will have no colours AT ALL in the mixer.
It still has individual channel colors, but not channel 'type' colors (ie audio, midi, fx, group, etc.). Anyway I find Protools mixer to have better overall workflow and their gorgeous colored channels are really awesome.

Anyway, this color problem in C6 is clearly an issue for me, I hope SB rectify that in an not too distant upcoming update.
Last edited by patcub on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

Arjan P wrote:As it says in Job 1:21; 'Steinberg giveth and Steinberg taketh away' :D

Luck, Arjan
amen.

Steinberg is Our Shepherd!

LOL!!
:D

CinStudios

Post by CinStudios »

I really would like to see Steinberg jump on the long instituted feature of having user defined Icons per track as well. Like being able to assign the picture of a drum to a drum track, mic to a vocal track, etc.

Almost all other software does this and its very helpful in locating various track types (by CONTENT) in a hurry.

abstract_iv

Post by abstract_iv »

+1 for channel-colors (even optional or even just channel's caps colors, I like that idea about the V-Stack mixer look too!) and track-type icon's (I don't understand why Steinberg are falling so much behind with this one anyway, should've been done years ago...!)
Also + for the old requests about adding 4 inserts, 4 sends and the 4 eq bands together on every channel (as on every real mixing console!) -> simply more extended view of the mixer!!!
Good Luck!

CinStudios

Post by CinStudios »

abstract_iv wrote: Also + for the old requests about adding 4 inserts, 4 sends and the 4 eq bands together on every channel (as on every real mixing console!) -> simply more extended view of the mixer!!!
Good Luck!
How about having "slots" on the mixer that you could choose what you wanted to see and save it as presets? Like having 10-12 slots, user definable, with a few inserts on the first slots, the EQ stuff next, a few sends of your choice, Tall meters on the side, a studio send or 2, etc.

I like the idea of being able to make the mixer look how I want and using that on certain tracks or always.

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”