AudioWarp Quantize dont work on Drums Track

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Post Reply
RobertDolabella
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 4:17 pm
Contact:

AudioWarp Quantize dont work on Drums Track

Post by RobertDolabella » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:16 pm

I want my money back.
Quantize multi track with new AudioWarp quantize in Cubase 6.5 does not work. My drums is all out of phase. I did everything correctly (all tracks are in Group folder and the Group Editing button is activated), but does not work, only single channel.
I do not need Retrologue and PadShop, my job is to record, edit and mix. I bought the upgrade Cubase 6.5 to speed up my editing process.
Last edited by RobertDolabella on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RdRm
Junior Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:03 pm
Contact:

Re: AudioWarp Quantize dont work on Drums Track

Post by RdRm » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:35 pm

I think currently it only works with the standard algorithm correctly and you have to put all your drums in a folder track and press the group edit button and use the quantize menu.
Cubase 8.0.10
Mavericks 10.9.5
i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz
16gig Crucial Vengance Ram @ 1600mhz
Crucial M500 120GB System Drive
Velociraptor session Drive /1TB Vsti Streaming Drive /1TB Samples Drive/1TB B.up Drive
SIIG Firewire Card
Focusrite Saffire Pro 14
Tc BMC-2 DA monitor controller

Loads of analogue goodies

User avatar
Split
Grand Senior Member
Posts: 5285
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:06 pm
Contact:

Re: AudioWarp Quantize dont work on Drums Track

Post by Split » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:57 pm

It's noted that multi track warp does not maintain phase across tracks.
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

RdRm
Junior Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:03 pm
Contact:

Re: AudioWarp Quantize dont work on Drums Track

Post by RdRm » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Split wrote:It's noted that multi track warp does not maintain phase across tracks.
Where has this been noted?
Cubase 8.0.10
Mavericks 10.9.5
i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz
16gig Crucial Vengance Ram @ 1600mhz
Crucial M500 120GB System Drive
Velociraptor session Drive /1TB Vsti Streaming Drive /1TB Samples Drive/1TB B.up Drive
SIIG Firewire Card
Focusrite Saffire Pro 14
Tc BMC-2 DA monitor controller

Loads of analogue goodies

RobertDolabella
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 4:17 pm
Contact:

Re: AudioWarp Quantize dont work on Drums Track

Post by RobertDolabella » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:30 pm

RdRm wrote:I think currently it only works with the standard algorithm correctly and you have to put all your drums in a folder track and press the group edit button and use the quantize menu.
Yes, my drums is always in Group folder and the button Editing Group turned on.

RdRm
Junior Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:03 pm
Contact:

Re: AudioWarp Quantize dont work on Drums Track

Post by RdRm » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:32 pm

RobertDolabella wrote:
RdRm wrote:I think currently it only works with the standard algorithm correctly and you have to put all your drums in a folder track and press the group edit button and use the quantize menu.
Yes, my drums is always in Group folder and the button Editing Group turned on.

Okay try this

Make sure the drums that are in your group folder are using the standard drum algo
Then open up the quantize panel and make sure the warp icon is selected
Remember the new Multitrack warping uses hitpoints to
Last edited by RdRm on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase 8.0.10
Mavericks 10.9.5
i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz
16gig Crucial Vengance Ram @ 1600mhz
Crucial M500 120GB System Drive
Velociraptor session Drive /1TB Vsti Streaming Drive /1TB Samples Drive/1TB B.up Drive
SIIG Firewire Card
Focusrite Saffire Pro 14
Tc BMC-2 DA monitor controller

Loads of analogue goodies

User avatar
Split
Grand Senior Member
Posts: 5285
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:06 pm
Contact:

Re: AudioWarp Quantize dont work on Drums Track

Post by Split » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:33 pm

RdRm wrote:
Split wrote:It's noted that multi track warp does not maintain phase across tracks.
Where has this been noted?

New features in 6.5 PDF page 13 Audio Warp Quantizing
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

User avatar
Split
Grand Senior Member
Posts: 5285
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:06 pm
Contact:

Re: AudioWarp Quantize dont work on Drums Track

Post by Split » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:35 pm

RdRm wrote:
RobertDolabella wrote:
RdRm wrote:I think currently it only works with the standard algorithm correctly and you have to put all your drums in a folder track and press the group edit button and use the quantize menu.
Yes, my drums is always in Group folder and the button Editing Group turned on.

Okay only Cubase 6.5 can warp quantise multitrack drums
Not if you want to keep the track alignment intact, you have to use the slice method.
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

Post Reply

Return to “Older Cubase versions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests