Something weird is going on here...

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Stealth

Something weird is going on here...

Post by Stealth »

So I fire up Cubase this morning and it looks like Cubase totally reset on me! First thing I notice is ALL my custom GUI changes are gone and Cubase is back to the stock blue color. Then Cubase asks if I would like to register my product (which I did about a year ago when I first got Cubase 6)! When I went to "File" - "Recent Projects" there is nothing there. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

*also I noticed when Cubase is starting up when it gets to "video file handeling" the whole screen flashes for a second. It didn't used to do that before today...

edit: the only thing I remember doing yesterday that was different from my normal routine was I transferred my Arturia licenses to the Cubase dongle. Maybe that had something to do with this total reset?
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14.3, Cubase 9.0.4

TwinOak

Re: Something weird is going on here...

Post by TwinOak »

Same thing happened to me upon updating to 6.0.5. No clue why. Haven't noticed the "Video file handling" causing a flash but I did get a lot of "Video engine has stopped working" upon quitting Cubase, a file related to Quick Time was mentioned in the log so I reinstalled QT and my graphics card drivers and now I have no problems.

/A
ASUS Z8NA-D6, 2 x Xeon 5620, Kingston 16GB, RME Fireface 800, Win 7 x64/Surface Book 2 - Cubase 10.0.60

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

TwinOak wrote:Same thing happened to me upon updating to 6.0.5. No clue why. Haven't noticed the "Video file handling" causing a flash but I did get a lot of "Video engine has stopped working" upon quitting Cubase, a file related to Quick Time was mentioned in the log so I reinstalled QT and my graphics card drivers and now I have no problems.

/A
The weird thing is I've been running 6.0.5 since the day it came out with no problems whatsoever. Maybe it is a problem with 6.0.5. I don't know. It just seems really random...
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14.3, Cubase 9.0.4

NorthWood MediaWorks

Post by NorthWood MediaWorks »

Things were fine when I first ran 6.0.5, but after a few days downtime, I fired it up last night, and many of my plugins are no longer listed, did not have time to re-scan, but odd that this would suddenly change. Everything was fine the other day, I did not add or remove anything since then, plus when I patched to 6.0.5 I subsequently trashed my prefs, so everything is fresh in that respect.
Robin
Visit Northwood Mediaworks!
| Cubase Pro 8.5.20 | Wavelab 8.0.3e | HSO | Padshop Pro | Win10pro 64 | i7 16Gb | UR44 | Angry Wife |
| OSX 10.12.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15 | Loads of Other Stuff |

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

I really hope its not due to a problem with 6.0.5. Usually after upgrading and having the new version run flawlessly for a couple days (or weeks) you would think you'd be in the clear...

NorthWood MediaWorks

Post by NorthWood MediaWorks »

Bumping this....

I see a number of other 6.0.5 issues, Amplitude, latency, BFD issue cropping up...

Anyone else finding strange anomalies?
Robin
Visit Northwood Mediaworks!
| Cubase Pro 8.5.20 | Wavelab 8.0.3e | HSO | Padshop Pro | Win10pro 64 | i7 16Gb | UR44 | Angry Wife |
| OSX 10.12.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15 | Loads of Other Stuff |

Yul101

Post by Yul101 »

Video engine also crashes in 6.0.7 when I try to replace audio in video

Windows 7 32bit
Core i7 2.93GHz, 3.5G RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010LT
MCU PRO

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Post by Elektrobolt »

From the sound of it (I am NOT saying this is the case, just what it sounds like) I would say it's like another account is trying to run Cubase for the first time... obviously this is not the case here. :)
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

Return to “Older Cubase versions”