Suitable Drum VSTi Player (help?)

Discussions about VST Instruments and VST plug-ins from other manufacturers
monsterjazzlicks

Re: Suitable Drum VSTi Player (help?)

Post by monsterjazzlicks »

Ta Shadow,
shadowfax wrote:..if you don't like the fills you can tell it to recompose as a different drummer or whatever..it will even play another drum vst such as EZ so you can just use the Jamstix brain and the EZ drums (which sound great)..
Gee, that's very clever and convenient !

Paul

monsterjazzlicks

Hi Bluzat,
bluzkat wrote:Correct, they are just MIDI, no samples. Not sure about GA4.
It says now (since Sept last) that they offer support etc with GA4 :-

http://www.groovemonkee.com/blogs/blog/ ... -4-support

However, having tried the GA4 TRAIL and also watched many You Tube videos on it, I still do find GA4 quite confusing and off-putting (sadly, as I really wanted to keep everything under one roof [HALion/Steinberg]).

I have watched tons of EZ2 DRUMMER demo's now and I can't really see anything inferior nor hear/see any negative remarks about it!

EZ2 has many Expansion Kits up and running and so far GA4 has very little other than Rock genres (which is not really my bag).

The GrooveMonkey still looks ok but I will need to research it again a bit more since our last discussion. But I don't think I would buy it and then use it with GA4. I would blow out GA4 and go for something else. Possible even JamStix (as per ShadowFax).

Superior Drummer (although LBro has kindly given me lots of helpful info) is too much for my needs. Its a real big boys toy!

So I think its between JamStix and EZ2 to be honest folks.

Best,

Paul

shadowfax

Post by shadowfax »

Jamstix is the best way to go, you can turn it on and it will just play a whole song, you don't have to search through midi files to create a drum track...it's a little bit confusing on first go but it's worth spending time with to figure it out..download the trial and give it a go..don't cost nuthin :)
https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... Cubase 10.5..Windows 10..Intel Core i9 9900K Coffee Lake Refresh 3.6GHz Eight Core 1151 Socket Overclockable Processor, WD Black WDS250G3X0C SN750 - 250GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD, ASRock AMD Radeon RX580 8GB OC Phantom Gaming D Dual Fan Graphics Card,
Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X Intel Socket 1151 ATX HDMI DDR4 USB C 3.1 M.2 Motherboard, 32GB ram, 2x Team GX2 1TB SATA III SSD. Yamaha N8.

monsterjazzlicks

Thanks ShadowFax,

I took another good look and have decided to go with EZ2 Drummer. I really do appreciate, as always, your time and advice mate.

Best,

Paul

monsterjazzlicks

Hi,

ToonTracks has a 40% SALE on at the moment for anyone interested!:

http://www.toontrack.com/ezdrummer-line ... %20BIG#ezx

Cheers,

paul

Return to “VST Instruments and Virtual Effects (general)”