Getting Started videos or instructions?

All topics on Groove Agent
Hinfrance

Getting Started videos or instructions?

Post by Hinfrance » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:27 am

I have just bought GA4.

Are there any resources anywhere that can tell me how to get this VST past first base?

I can't make head nor tail of it. I have seen the Steinberg vids on Youtube which always start with one agent or another loaded, the vintage kit for example. So great, I understand the basics of the controls etc, once there is something to work on. But I have no idea how to load a kit. In the media bay, I can get to here
GA4a.jpg
(45.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
No matter where I click everything remains greyed out - there is nothing to load. If I look by category and not name three are only 3 categories and 8 things to choose from. If I then go 'load program into selected slot' nothing happens.
GA4b.jpg
(41.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
If I choose say vintage kit from the kit panel and then drums and percussion in the media bay, same result, nothing, nada, rien, sweet FA.GA4c
GA4c.jpg
(43.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I have reinstalled it 3 times, including the content, so where is it?

And I thought Cubase was frustrating!
Cubase Artist 9 - Windows 10 64 bit, 16gb ram, 8 core processor, 2gb video card, Saffire Pro 14, UR22, Akai MPC Element, Korg X5, Novation Impulse 61, guitars, amps.

gmontano

Re: Getting Started videos or instructions?

Post by gmontano » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:10 pm

Groove3 has a video tutorial for purchase

https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/Groov ... -Explained

Here is a tutorial on GA 4SE that should be helpful too

http://play.macprovideo.com/cubase-7-5- ... ase-7-5/26
6950x, 64 GB RAM, ASrock x99 mobo, 1050 Ti video card, Windows 10, RME UFX, Cubase 9.5 Pro.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:59 pm

It looks like Groove Agent 4 didn't install correctly. I recommend uninstalling "Steinberg Groove Agent 4" and "Steinberg Groove Agent Content", then install it again.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

gmontano

Post by gmontano » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:30 pm

Look for your VST sound folder, it is usually on the C: drive somewhere like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content

If you moved any of these files, you can have an issue with GA4 finding the content. I moved my folder and had to create links to the destination folder.
6950x, 64 GB RAM, ASrock x99 mobo, 1050 Ti video card, Windows 10, RME UFX, Cubase 9.5 Pro.

Hinfrance

Post by Hinfrance » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:10 am

Thank you all for your help - I have done yet another full reinstall from the disks, not the download link, and I can now get kits loaded. I'm still a bit puzzled by the way this is handled in GA4. The blurb says there are 104 kits, 101 electronic and the three acoustic ones, but which kit you get in the electronic category is based upon 'style' rather choosing a specific kit. I suppose I will get used to it.

But now I have come across another rather puzzling issue and I shall post another thread about that. It's MIDI related.

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=131312
Cubase Artist 9 - Windows 10 64 bit, 16gb ram, 8 core processor, 2gb video card, Saffire Pro 14, UR22, Akai MPC Element, Korg X5, Novation Impulse 61, guitars, amps.

Return to “Groove Agent”