Cubasis 3 Free to Upgrade?

Post questions and find answers on Cubasis 3 for iOS here.
plumum

Re: Cubasis 3 Free to Upgrade?

Post by plumum »

i visited this thread to decide about buying cubasis 3. I have to admit that although 54,95 seems a fair price I have to think twice about spending it.
I want thank the development team for their hard work and applaude,in a way, the straightforward marketing strategie :” this is what we have done, this is what it costs”. No thrills, no slick offer and no subscription.
I have a positive experience with cubasis 2 regarding performanc, stability and support. That includes free upgrades and fixes.
As said elsewhere, cubasis 2 isn’t abandoned so I really can’t say I’m “cheated out of my money”, I have had that feeling many times being left in the cold by a wide range of soft and hardwarecompanies after spending considerable large amounts of money.

All that said a crossgrade benefit of some sort would grease the way

Divesh

Post by Divesh »

I purchased Cubasis 3 and very disappointed due it has lot of bugs , no doubt it is better then Cubasis 2 but my workflow has stoped and waiting The flawlessly version of Cubasis 3, the points are blew which I noticed

1-Midi file is not importing with name and destination track when drag on midi track it open new track
2-Midi file volume is not working accurately when I volume midi file absolutely down it sounds loud instead of mute
3-Midi plugins are not working
4-when I route a midi track via any midi router app the thing is this the sounds comes but when I mix down that sound is not include

Divesh

Post by Divesh »

Very disappointed after purchasing Cubasis 3 It's not quite right. It's half incomplete and not working properly. There are bugs everywhere.
The points are which I noticed
1-Midi file is not importing with name and destination track when drag on midi track it open new track
2-Midi file volume is not working accurately when I volume midi file absolutely down it sounds loud instead of mute
4-when I route a midi track via any midi router app the thing is this the sounds comes but when I mix down that sound is not include
5- crashed many times noticed on undo and redo
Need refund

Divesh

Post by Divesh »

I never suggest to buy Cubasis 3 for those people who are making plan to purchase because it is dump app only they added group tracks
This time my many tracks automatically disappeared no undo what a bad experience of cubasis 3 of Steinberg Shame on

LSlowak
Steinberg Employee

Post by LSlowak »

Divesh wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:25 pm
Very disappointed after purchasing Cubasis 3 It's not quite right. It's half incomplete and not working properly. There are bugs everywhere.
The points are which I noticed
5- crashed many times noticed on undo and redo
Need refund
Hi Divesh,

I'm sorry to hear that you have issues with Cubasis.
If possible, please copy the text of your topic and make it a separate topic, so we can better discuss your issue.

Could you please provide me with the project which creates issues with Cubasis 3?
Did you experience the same issues with Cubasis 2?

Once we have more details about your problems, we can evaluate these for a possible fix.

If you instead want to get a refund for Cubasis 3, please get in touch with Apple.

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

chrismilne

Post by chrismilne »

rtorstrick wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:44 pm
Perhaps a more appropriate strategy for current owners: If the new features would make your life substantially easier, go ahead and update now. Personally, I plan to wait.

Lars, I appreciate your reasoning regarding the code rewrite. It makes sense from the developer's perspective. For me as an end user, I don't care about the code, only about the functionality. So I have to decide based on the usefulness to me and my workflow. The new version is of interest to me only if the new functionality is worth the price. As future updates continue to add features, there will undoubtedly come a time when the balance favors buying the new version.

There has been a periodic half-price sale every once in a while. If this continues, it may make the price/benefits balance come sooner.
Every year in the past at this time of year, there was a 50% sale on both the app and plugins. I had planned to get the Waves plugins, but there was no sale this year.

Macjonald

Post by Macjonald »

Right this really sucks. I’ve just bought Cubasis 2 two weeks ago. I’m a totally new customer and it’s not a cheap app to buy, so it took a bit of faith in the developers that it was going to be worth it. Now, just 14 days later, it’s legacy software with no warning (I’m assuming no more updates and a slow death). I would have happily waited the two weeks before my purchase if I knew that was going to happen. I could even stomach paying a discounted upgrade fee if there was one. Now I just feel a bit ill when I try to use it. I even bought three add-ons in the shop. Merry Christmas to me.

boingy

Post by boingy »

I've only owned Cubasis 2 for a couple of months. It's crazy that there is no upgrade pricing to go to version 3. All the guff about a total rewrite is not relevant. Cubasis 3 is clearly an upgrade from Cubasis 2 so there should be upgrade pricing for existing customers.

If the aim was to annoy recent purchasers of Cubasis 2 then Steinberg have scored a bullseye.

Divesh

Post by Divesh »

No cubasis 2 has no issues
I have lot of issues with cubasis 3
I will never like to get refund of cubasis 3 because of some addon features and I know there will be no update in future for cubasis 2
Your focus will be on cubasis 3
Is there any other way to contact you regarding the problems of cubasis 3 with video and point to point

MarcusStaffel

Post by MarcusStaffel »

Seems, that you invent the tire four times. Cubase, Nuendo, Cubasis2 and Cubasis3. OSX, Windows, ...

Do you know cross platform developement? Embarcadero technologies?

At least I do not want a free upgrade, but I also do not want to pay the full price as an old user of Cubasis 1/2.

I think 40 € would be reasonable for
1) End of year sale
2) Owners of Cubasis 1/2
3) Introducturysale of a new product as you say Cubasis is brand new developed

I used Cubasis2 only little, but I would try Cubasis 3 at a reasonable price of 40€.

If you look in the appstore 54€ is a very high price for an app spreaded so many times as a sequencing software.
Nuendo10, Cubase10, Dorico3, WaveLab10, Absolute4, Roli Seaboard, HB1 Breathcontroller

flern

Post by flern »

If you buy cubasis 3 you won't be using Cubasis 2 anymore so... Off course it's an upgrade!!
And I bought cubasis 2 just a few weeks ago not knowing of the upcoming new version. Otherwise I would have waited.
That there is no compensation for that or a reduced upgrade price is a disgrace!
Please reconsider, Lars!

softbass

Post by softbass »

Since the days of the Atari MIDI version I have spent thousands on Steinberg products. Lars, you keep going on about the team taking several years to re-write Cubasis 3 from scratch. Do you really expect us to believe this? A bit of honesty and respect for Steinberg followers would be good rather than try to shut them up with NDA’s etc...

Macken

Post by Macken »

MarcusStaffel wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:42 pm
I think 40 € would be reasonable for
That would still be grossly overpriced. Taking Cubase Pro as a guide. The average upgrade price is about 15% of the full retail price. Using this price point on Cubasis, a reasonable upgrade price-point from Cubasis 2 would be about €10!

LSlowak
Steinberg Employee

Post by LSlowak »

Hi all,

Thank you for your messages.

Please note that the former Cubasis app version has received 30+ updates, where we've introduced lots of new features.

Cubasis 3 was fully rewritten from scratch, which means that our full team reprogrammed every feature, including introducing many improvements.
In addition, you will find a new iPhone version, as well as more than twenty new user-requested features.

We hope for your understanding that Cubasis is currenty sold at its regular price, after we've released 30+ free updates from 2012 to 2019.
Please note that existing customers can transfer previous in-app purchases from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3 free of charge.

Thanks,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Macken

Post by Macken »

LSlowak wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:06 pm
We hope for your understanding that Cubasis is currenty sold at its regular price.
And we hope Steinberg understands that very few of it's customers will pay full price for an upgrade!

Macjonald

Post by Macjonald »

LSlowak wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:06 pm
Hi all,

Thank you for your messages.

Please note that the former Cubasis app version has received 30+ updates, where we've introduced lots of new features.

Cubasis 3 was fully rewritten from scratch, which means that our full team reprogrammed every feature, including introducing many improvements.
In addition, you will find a new iPhone version, as well as more than twenty new user-requested features.

We hope for your understanding that Cubasis is currenty sold at its regular price, after we've released 30+ free updates from 2012 to 2019.
Please note that existing customers can transfer previous in-app purchases from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3 free of charge.

Thanks,
Lars
New customer here. I just bought Cubasis 2 a fortnight ago for £49 (plus another £15 on add-ons) and so was unable to take advantage of the 30+ free updates over the last 7 years (why do you assume we’ve all been customers for that long?). I was given no warning 2 weeks ago that I was about to buy legacy software. Cubasis 3 functions as an upgraded version of Cubasis 2 (it clearly fulfils the same purpose - regardless of how it was built) and obviously exists to replace it. Do you honestly think that’s fair to ask me to pay another £49 TWO WEEKS after my initial purchase (the advert being the first thing I see when I open the app now) so that I can use the now-current version? I was honestly planning to learn to use this properly on my iPad and then buy your Windows version of Cubase, but this has absolutely soured my user experience. You guys clearly have some great brains working on the software itself, but my goodness what on Earth are you thinking? Also, not really appreciating you copy and pasting the above over and over (including your App Store replies) - really just looks like you don’t care in the slightest.

MarcusStaffel

Post by MarcusStaffel »

Be patient, wait and if the number of sold copies of cubasis3 will be small enough the price will drop.

It would be great to have a discount on christmess, but that is the time, where steinberg thinks to make big money.

May be. But 1000x30 is better than 200x55.

Regards from a user, which started with „keyboard controlled sequencer“ kcs and „bars and pipes“ switching to steinbergs sequencers.
Nuendo10, Cubase10, Dorico3, WaveLab10, Absolute4, Roli Seaboard, HB1 Breathcontroller

Divesh

Post by Divesh »

I reported the bug of cubasis 3 but where Is my post

Macjonald

Post by Macjonald »

MarcusStaffel wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:21 am
Be patient, wait and if the number of sold copies of cubasis3 will be small enough the price will drop.

It would be great to have a discount on christmess, but that is the time, where steinberg thinks to make big money.

May be. But 1000x30 is better than 200x55.

Regards from a user, which started with „keyboard controlled sequencer“ kcs and „bars and pipes“ switching to steinbergs sequencers.
Well, they've lost my return business. I was definitely going to continue investing time and money into using their products, as I'm so impressed by their software. Seems that spending money on them is a gamble though.

anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

No upgrade option is a joke. I’m guessing that if I lost my mind and paid full price for the “completely rewritten” Cubasis 3 I could continue using version 2. Yes or no? If no then 3 IS an upgrade.

Also it should be the norm for existing users to be offered an upgrade path. Unlike hardware there is no way to recoup any losses. I can’t flog ver2 on to anyone else because you are actually selling a licence, which I’ve already purchased. Apple make matters worse as they deliberately screw non US users on pricing. At $49.99 this should be about £38. But it’s £48.99. That’s €62!!! Apple don’t seem to take any notice of exchange rates preferring the “how much can I screw from the foreign customer” model.

Luckily I have had Cubasis from day one and didn’t suffer having to pay again full price when it moved to Ver2.

If you’ve recently purchased Cubasis 2 and live outside the US then I suspect you’ve just had both you’re pockets picked.

And as for the moving your previously purchased plugins for free appeaser the moral of the story is don’t buy locked in plugins because next time, if the 2 to 3 policy wins out, you know what will happen.

brainthrill

Post by brainthrill »

I agree with the sentiments expressed here... I own Cubasis 2 and have been a long term Steinberg user. I believe there should be some path for upgrading to Cubasis 3 - it feels like we have been abandoned as there is no reward for our patronage!

omniphonix

Post by omniphonix »

anfirmor wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:41 am
No upgrade option is a joke. I’m guessing that if I lost my mind and paid full price for the “completely rewritten” Cubasis 3 I could continue using version 2. Yes or no? If no then 3 IS an upgrade.

Also it should be the norm for existing users to be offered an upgrade path. Unlike hardware there is no way to recoup any losses. I can’t flog ver2 on to anyone else because you are actually selling a licence, which I’ve already purchased.
You can always use previous versions even after you buy an upgrade. Look at Cubase, or even Ableton Live, Reason, just about any software really. The thing is, software upgrades ARE the norm. Everyone is upset because we are not being offered an upgrade for Cubasis 2 customers because it IS the norm. The rewrite excuse doesn't fly, that is not the customers' problem. There are not enough new features (in fact there are hardly any) to justify buying the whole app all over again.
anfirmor wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:41 am
Apple make matters worse as they deliberately screw non US users on pricing. At $49.99 this should be about £38. But it’s £48.99. That’s €62!!! Apple don’t seem to take any notice of exchange rates preferring the “how much can I screw from the foreign customer” model.
I think you might be forgetting about VAT and that it often gets loaded on the back end in Europe. We don't have VAT in the US, our sales tax is added on after the fact (it's state/local, not federal), and it's MUCH lower than European VAT.
Main DAW: Core i9-7940X | 64GB DDR4 3200 | Asus Prime X299-A | Radeon RX570 | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB & 850 Evo 2TB | Acer T272HUL | UR824 | CC121 | Virus TI | MCU Pro | Akai MPD232 | Nektar Panorama P6 | Roland VG-99 | Win10 Pro x64 v1809 | Cubase Pro 10 | Reason 10

DAW/Gig NB: MSI GT76 9SG | Core i9-9900K | 64GB DDR4 2666 | RTX 2080 8GB | 2x PM981 512GB NVMe SSD RAID0 | 860 QVO 2TB SATA SSD | iConnect Audio4+ | Akai APC40 mkII | Akai MPK249 | Win10 Pro x64 v1809 | Cubase Pro 10 | Ableton Live 10

iPad Pro 12.9" Gen 3 1TB: Same Audio4+ as above | CME Xkey 37 | Cubasis 2 | Cubase iC Pro | Many IAA/AU Apps

Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Seems you can’t make every one happy so I hope that isn’t the goal. I have no problem paying for the upgrade. As a beta tester in the past I understand, appreciate, and respect fully what these devs do and the time involved .. I do have a problem paying for the FX since they won’t transfer over to the 8. I repaid for the arp micrologue thinking it would recognize my account and just unlock it but nope. Charged me an extra 5bucks. Oh well.. all in the name of research I guess!

But for those complaining that they just bought C2 a month ago or whatever, well it hasn’t stopped working has it?. It’s actually a lot more stable at this stage than c3. In the mean time learn C2 and enjoy rock solid functionality.

Divesh

Post by Divesh »

I purchased cubasis 3 even I am cubasis 2 user and I worked with 3 .
my opinion the cubasis 3 is the worth of my money no problem if I did not get free upgrade
Cubasis 3 is very useful for musicians . Grouping tracks and universal for iPhone is very good .
The request is to Steinberg that remove the all bugs as soon as possible
I gave bad reviews on iTunes Store and I want to change , is it possible please guide and help

alfredogarciaw

Post by alfredogarciaw »

New customer here too,I just bought Cubasis 2 this month, I still didn’t pay the credit card , and stein berg just keeps on saying all the work they have done. But sorry you bought an old version, and is also my fault.
Well I have done more work than you, I live in South America Argentina, and 50dollars is a lot of money here.

I’m not expecting a for life upgrade like FL studio mobile, but at least take in count those who paid for an obsolete app in the last 40 or 30 days.
This is the most annoying purchasing Issue with an app in all my life.

Return to “Cubasis 3 for iOS”