MacOS Catalina and UR22C troubles

This section is about Steinberg's UR-C audio interfaces product range
Oldkitty

MacOS Catalina and UR22C troubles

Post by Oldkitty » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:33 am

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I received my brand new UR22C (first Steinberg product, I was really impatient to discover it).
As a Mac user with a few needs in software, I update my Mac to Catalina few weeks ago, after a good check on all my current soft.
So yesterday, after trying to install my UR22C I went to the Steinberg website to discover that the company (dedicated to music) wasn't ready for Catalina even a month or two after the public release (and more than six months after the developper release...).
I follow some links, asking to install the last version of eLicenser, the latest driver (.5), but my problem is now with eLicenser : it doesn't recognize my UR22C while I enter my license...
My UR22C seems now to be an expensive brick holding my tablature and guitar gears...

Did some of you succeed wit the UR22C and Catalina ?

Regards

theartistrynetwork

Re: MacOS Catalina and UR22C troubles

Post by theartistrynetwork » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Man, I JUST got mine today. It actually worked on Mac OS Cataline 10.15.1 BEFORE I downloaded anything from Steinbergs website, drivers, software, etc. Since I installed everything it doesn't allow me to play ANY audio at all. Unreal.

Ed Doll
Site Admin

Post by Ed Doll » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:19 pm

Oldkitty wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:33 am
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I received my brand new UR22C (first Steinberg product, I was really impatient to discover it).
As a Mac user with a few needs in software, I update my Mac to Catalina few weeks ago, after a good check on all my current soft.
So yesterday, after trying to install my UR22C I went to the Steinberg website to discover that the company (dedicated to music) wasn't ready for Catalina even a month or two after the public release (and more than six months after the developper release...).
I follow some links, asking to install the last version of eLicenser, the latest driver (.5), but my problem is now with eLicenser : it doesn't recognize my UR22C while I enter my license...
My UR22C seems now to be an expensive brick holding my tablature and guitar gears...

Did some of you succeed wit the UR22C and Catalina ?

Regards
First, thank you for purchasing the UR-C! As written, the UR22C does not support Catalina yet. If you refer to a .5 driver, it can only be the even older one which is not Catalina compatible as well. We have released a first Yamaha Steinberg USB driver that is compatible and may help to a certain extend but the TOOLS release is still pending. The driver is available here: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... river.html

The eLicenser has no connection to the UR22C being used on a system. So I am not sure what the issue is here exactly?

And again: the device is not yet Catalina compatible so use it at your own risk!
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud!

middlecut

Post by middlecut » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:08 pm

WTF.. I just got my new UR22C and was excited to try it on my new mac book pro. Then I find this.... I cannot use it. It will go straight back and I will get one I can use. VERY DISAPPOINTING

Return to “Steinberg UR-C Series”