Is the UR22C class-compliant on the Mac?

This section is about Steinberg's UR-C audio interfaces product range
Hugh

Is the UR22C class-compliant on the Mac?

Post by Hugh »

Hello,

Reading about the UR22c it's class-compliant on iOS however documentation I can find only lists using it on a Mac with the driver. If I plug it into a Mac without the driver is it class-compliant? Two channels CoreAudio in and out? We have a specialized situation where we want the features but cannot load drivers.

Thanks,
Hugh

Hugh

Re: Is the UR22C class-compliant on the Mac?

Post by Hugh »

Hello,
No one knows? It appears it hasn’t been purchasable for several months but when/if it comes back I’d like to know for our remote vpn VO use.
Hugh

Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Hello,
No one knows? I’m sure someone at Steinberg knows. Assistance is appreciated.
Hugh

Pablo S

Post by Pablo S »

Hi Hugh,
Steinberg never looks at the forum. The UR-C 22 are a bit of a lemon, there are lots of problems with them, you can see them in this forum. I own the UR-C 44, but I work on PC, the driver is very fast if you are only recording, but you can't have two programs using it even if you could assign the different channels to them. Even if it's dórico and Cubase. YouTube pops and if you are using Skype, or what ever, you can only use it with "loopback" Wich means that you are always hearing your mic. The only good thing is the USB 3, is very fast, there is almost no latency. Over allá it's a very handy toy, as a plug and play, if you would like to record on your iPad or with your phone, if you work and need more flexibility get a different interface, plus their customer service is inexistant.
PC Lenovo Thinkstation P920 | 2 Xeon Silver 4210 |Win10-Pro for Workstations SSD | 64Gb DDR4 ECC| Quadro pro 1000 graphics | Cubase Pro 10.5.20 | Finale 26.3.1| E-MU 1616m | Steinberg UR 44C

Return to “Steinberg UR-C Series”