Video Export as background thread

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 10 can be posted here.
saxmand

Video Export as background thread

Post by saxmand »

Love having the new Video Export feature.
One feature suggestion would be that when it's done creating the wav file it would be great if the creation of the video could run as a thread in the background. Exporting longer videos it freezes up your system for quite a long time.

Thanks
Mac OS 10.12

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Re: Video Export as background thread

Post by MattiasNYC »

Since you're on a Mac you can just export audio separately and copy/past into the timeline using QT player 7 (or "pro" or whatever it's called... the paid version). That should be faster, assuming you don't want to transcode to a different format.

If it's the latter then other software is probably faster anyway.

PS: I don't necessarily disagree with your request, but to me it's one of those things that really has a potential of making the software either less stable or lagging. And I know that if it doesn't run as usual then people will complain.
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

saxmand

Post by saxmand »

Thanks for your thoughts Mattias.

That's of course how I did it previously. So yeah, I still do that once in a while if I don't want the transcoding.
But it's a bit more work to use QT if it's only part of a video you wanna export. I do like the new exporting tool :)
I'm just sounding an idea. Of course it shouldn't be on behalf of rending the software unreliable.
Mac OS 10.12

klfnk

Post by klfnk »

+1 for background encoding. I'm on Mojave and that doesn't support QT7, so this would be a great feature.
As a matter of fact, video cut detection should also be in the background.. I don't necessarily have to do cpu intensive things during detection.. but it would be great if I at least could navigate my session and push AAF/OMF regions/clips from track to track. I'll make a new request for this.

ErikG

Post by ErikG »

I am pretty convinced that we won't see a background thread video export any time soon. However if I understood Timo correctly replace audio is in the plan. When implemented it will be fast but will still create to large video files for many use cases.
QT7 is depreciated and won't work at all on new Mac OSes. I have since a while back transitioned to MediaER toolkit a great ffmpeg frontend specifically created to deal with this for us audio folks.
https://audiospot.audio/audiospot-creativetools
Filmlance, a Swedish production company producing drama and feature films.
11xNuendo, 5xPT
Dubstage with 4k Christie projection
8xMedia Composer, VFX, online, grading and more

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”