Solo options (Latch, X-OR, Momentary)

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 10 can be posted here.
benmrx

Solo options (Latch, X-OR, Momentary)

Post by benmrx »

Hopefully, users here don't feel like I'm spamming the forum, but here's another one.

Unless I'm missing something, there is no way to set up a key command for anything other than a 'latch based' solo. Meaning, if I hit the key command to solo a track, and then decide to solo another track, that now BOTH tracks are solo'd. This is great when wanting a 'latch' based system.

I've found that by 'command-clicking' the solo button on a track that I can get an 'X-OR' solo. Meaning if I solo a track, and then hold 'command' while clicking the solo button on another track, that will un-solo the first track, and now only the second track is solo'd. This is great...., except we need a key command for this function. Or better yet, a preference switch so that we don't need to memorize more than one solo command.

It would also be great to get a 'momentary' solo option, so the track only stays solo'd as long as I've got the key command held down.

My suggestion is to create a solo preference with three options. Latch, X-OR, Momentary.
Nuendo 10.3 (iMac Pro 10 core, 64GB Ram, Mojave), (x3) PTHDX 12.8.1 each with C24 Controllers, (5,1 Cheesegraters, El Capitan, 32GB Ram), (x2) 5.1 Surround mix rooms

Yannick

Re: Solo options (Latch, X-OR, Momentary)

Post by Yannick »

+1 for the "solo exclusive" KC/preference, I hate having to grab mouse and keyboard to do so !

Regards
Yannick

mozizo

Post by mozizo »

there are some settings for solo in preferences under project and mix,solo behaves differently when selecting track(s )
cubase 10.5 pro ,halion 6 GA5 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

michadekanter

Post by michadekanter »

benmrx wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:21 pm
My suggestion is to create a solo preference with three options. Latch, X-OR, Momentary.
+1 !

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”